So gun control, mental health care, and mass shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
    There is a solution, control. I am not sure why people want to turn it around and make it a ‘gun is/isn’t the problem’ discussion. Doesn’t matter. Maybe people today are defective, maybe it is in the water, maybe it is Tone’s theory. But the one thing that is clearly a problem, mass shootings are getting easier and easier to pull off.

You can own a house cat and let it run the neighborhood, but you can’t own a tiger and do the same. You can own a airplane, but you can’t outfit it with bombs and missiles. Basically they restrict anything that is capable of mass killing. Except guns. Why? (Hint; perhaps something to do with NRA and political action groups?)

IMO they should restrict assault rifles, high capacity clips and some ammo. In fact, why not really pass some good legislation that restricts how much ammo someone can have in public and at home? Who the fuck needs 5000 assault rifle rounds at home? Make ammo freely available at ranges but fully permitted when kept at home?
    eph
    I think the solution is to allow us(me) to own a jet with bombs and missiles. You can't control a tiger... it's autonomous anyhow.
    sigpic

Comment

legalize n decrim

do u kno how much money could be made?????????
      4:BigKing> xD
      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
      4:BigKing> what did i do???
      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
      4:BigKing> ???? why though
      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
      4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Make money? Why not start now. No, I'm serious. If you want, do it now. Maybe prepare for when you can do it legally, or something... right... well I'm sure paradise could do it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
          The statistics speak for themselves. You are 44 times more likely to shoot your own family than an intruder in your house. In 2010, 31000 Americans were killed by guns, that is 60 times more than the troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan in the same year. The history of guns is obviously long in America but it has gotten out of hand. Here in my local town the Tea Party just announced a contest with the prize being a Bush Master assault rifle (exact same gun used in CT last week). Nice timing.

What are the reasons for owning guns? Well, obvious is ‘protection’ although it make no sense to me that people will buy a gun before buying a security system. And as stated the stats are crystal clear, you are far more likely to shoot and kill someone in your own family.
          Then we have the ‘right to form militia as counter balance to Feds’ argument. This also makes little sense to me, in USA you CANNOT own any kind of arms that would stand a chance against the government. This has been proven in several situations, if they want you they will get you no matter how big your stash of weapons is.

I can see someone owning a handgun. I can see someone owning a hunting rifle. I cannot see the justification for private citizens owning assault rifles, high capacity clips, or certain ammunition.
          I also do not know how the people who made money from selling this stuff can sleep at night. Talk about blood money, how can the owner of the shooting range where this dumb ass and his even dumber mother were paying to play with the guns not feel that he has blood on his hands? How the dealer who sold the gun and ammunition not feel like he also has blood on his hands? How can the manufacturer of the Bush Master not feel the same?

Right to bear arms is like the right to free speech, it comes with a lot of responsibility. Just because I have the right to say ‘fuck you assholes’ doesn’t mean that I SHOULD say it. And just because I have the right to own arms doesn’t mean that I should own them. If I am untrained, if I am not stable, if I am a convicted criminal then I should not own a gun. And just like I cannot own a nuclear warhead, I should not be able to own an assault rifle, large clips, or certain ammunition. Allow people to own their hand guns, allow people to own their hunting rifles. I would even be ok if SOME people were licensed to own things like assault rifles, large clips, or certain ammunitions. But I think that to have them as common and in circulation like they are now will only result I more of what we saw in Connecticut.
          eph
          I'm pretty sure the there was not an assault rifle used. What was used were, hand guns and I believe a .22 cal bushmaster which is not an assault rifle. By definition an assault rifle is military grade as in m-4/m-16/ AK- 47 or the .223 cal round if you will that's a whole lot different than a .22.
          (jErOmE)>city i live in is 54% black 41% white, ive seen so much weird blackness
          :jErOmE: lolzasaurus

Comment

Here's a post from another board:

Here is an opinion piece written by a researcher in this field:
            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...062702864.html

He mentions two studies.
            In the first, fatal injury and murder with a household firearm outnumbered legal/self-defence killings in those homes by almost 6 to 1.
            In the second study conducted across 3 cities in the U.S. the ratio was around 12 to 1.

In a separate study conducted in Atlanta, home invaders reached the household gun twice as often as the home owner.

Here is an abstract from a recent paper reviewing available scientific evidence: http://ajl.sagepub.com/content/5/6/502

Conclusion: "scientific studies indicate that the health risk of a gun in the home is greater than the benefit".

Nice, accessible summary here:http://www.minnpost.com/second-opini...aving-gun-home

Just based on gross, national numbers, fatal accidents with guns account for twice as many deaths as legal/self-defence shootings. You can find that kind of data here: http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate10_us.html

Here are two other studies supporting the same conclusion:
            http://journals.lww.com/smajournalon...Pleura.16.aspx
            http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/929.full

Most of the studies control for "living in a bad area"....but only because that demographic variable makes all the risks so much worse (ie: if you live in a bad area, it's even MORE risky owning a gun).
            (Children)>hunted for life
            (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
            :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

They are staged false flag operations even if you have psychological denial and dont want to believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone View Post
                Control and Coercive loss of freedom is not a "way" for anything. Perhaps youll learn that in another 5 to 10 thousand years of super slow learning and experience, humans.

negative, i am a meat popsicle.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                  negative, i am a meat popsicle.
                  SMOKE YOU
                  sigpic
                  All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Smoked again!

Comment

Anyway the CIA informs me to tell you to stop spreading those filthy lies Tone.

Comment

A very strong PsyOps trick is to have half of the media favor a disinformation wrong, and the other half pretend there is a debate of two sides with pros & cons and more lightly favor the wrong; this creates the effect of promoting the wrong stronger than just having the whole media favor the wrong/disinfo fully.

Comment

T0ne is a disinformation psyop agent

Please discuss whether T0ne is crazy or telling us the truth!
                          sigpic

Comment

They used hired crisis actors and stuff in this case.

Comment

You could at least quote the conspiracy blogging professor from FAU (my alma mater) who said that
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tone View Post
                                They used hired crisis actors and stuff in this case.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X