Apple Price Gouging & Marketing Programming Conspiracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Price Gouging & Marketing Programming Conspiracy

I looked up on New Egg Internet Tablets. an Android Tablet is $99 for 1.5 ghz dual core, 2 cams, 1 GB DDR Ram, 8 GB storage. But Apple iPad is $449 for 1.0 GH Dual Core (both are dual core) and only double the storage room, 16 GB.

I believe there is a conspiracy to program the population to still by apple products even if over priced, by using marketing programming tactics and making it ultra-mainstream. The price of the apple iPad is 9 times more for 50% slower CPU, but the cost of making such products would not vary more than 50% or so. If apple uses more expensive manufacturing and components, you know they wouldnt be 9 times more expensive. More like 1.5 times more at the most, if not near the same or even less expensive than Asus/Avatar/other brands.

The population sure is programmed and simple minded. I bet some people dont even know there is a such thing as anything else besides an apple iPad for internet tablets, and an Amazon Kindle they probably also heard of. or they must think if its an android, its 9 times worse and might fall apart or melt after a few days.

i dont have an ipad and the reason i have an iphone is because the selection of games to play while pooping is very good.

shut up

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I dislike Apple on philosophical grounds, but your post is somewhat misleading regarding the speed of the various devices. Clock speed is not the only factor as everything that runs on iOS is native code whereas Android apps are running through the dalvik virtual machine. There also tends to be a lot more background processing going on in an android device so even with inferior hardware the perceived responsiveness of an ipad may be better.
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

what conspiracy ?

you are on a retro game forum where quite a significant proportion of the users are VERY tech savy and indeed your friends probably are as well as it's obviously something you like.

However you can't apply that perspective to the whole population and go ? huh these fools are overpaying and they dont seem to care MINDCONTROL LEMMINGS WHATSOFUCKS?!?!?! ILLUMANATIY EATING THEIR SOLES

the way i see it is i wouldn't buy anything apple but they have a good reputation as they source solid components throughout their product range and then apply a designer brand mark up. Reading up on screens etc on andriod tablets or TVs etc you find that the cheaper products may be making big savings somewhere and some components are inferior. If you buy a decent one then yeah you get a lot more for your money and i personally use android as do loads of others - infact google made it trendy too ...

if you were into fashion (which im not) you'd see people happy to overpay for a pair of jeans just for a logo and thats what apple has successfully done in tech terms

the VAST majority of people i've came across generally dont give a fuck and cant be bothered reading up loads or understanding technology if they can buy something that is good and trendy and they have the money they will do that.

if it's any consolation the future for apple seems to be a backlash as more and more people get pissed off at being ripped off and their tax evasion gets more exposure - or perhaps your being programmed by a google mind fuck!
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
          what conspiracy ?

you are on a retro game forum where quite a significant proportion of the users are VERY tech savy and indeed your friends probably are as well as it's obviously something you like.

However you can't apply that perspective to the whole population and go ? huh these fools are overpaying and they dont seem to care MINDCONTROL LEMMINGS WHATSOFUCKS?!?!?! ILLUMANATIY EATING THEIR SOLES

the way i see it is i wouldn't buy anything apple but they have a good reputation as they source solid components throughout their product range and then apply a designer brand mark up. Reading up on screens etc on andriod tablets or TVs etc you find that the cheaper products may be making big savings somewhere and some components are inferior. If you buy a decent one then yeah you get a lot more for your money and i personally use android as do loads of others - infact google made it trendy too ...

if you were into fashion (which im not) you'd see people happy to overpay for a pair of jeans just for a logo and thats what apple has successfully done in tech terms

the VAST majority of people i've came across generally dont give a fuck and cant be bothered reading up loads or understanding technology if they can buy something that is good and trendy and they have the money they will do that.

if it's any consolation the future for apple seems to be a backlash as more and more people get pissed off at being ripped off and their tax evasion gets more exposure - or perhaps your being programmed by a google mind fuck!
          I meant 4.5 times more money not 9 times more - trust me, their components are 4.5 times better for 4.5 times more money, they use slave labor to like every other company does. a mac computer is one thing but people would be dumb to get an iPad over some other brand such as Asus Android-based

Comment

I wouldn't buy an iPhone for several reasons but i do have a macbook pro. This computer is probably the best product i have ever bought for these reasons:
            • I have never had any problems with it like I used to have with all my previous computers (they were either Windows or Linux every now and then)
            • The machine still runs smooth after 3 years tho the battery is starting to get a bit tired.
            • It doesn't get notably warm (unless i run a heavy game or editing pictures).
            • I've made around fifty restarts so it's been turned on almost consistently in these 3 years I've had it

I don't care if it looks good or not (I'd say its pretty ugly actually) but I wouldn't hesitate on buying a new one the day this one dies on me. In my case it was worth the extra money to have a hassle-free computer.

I also have it bootcamped with Windows 7 and the battery is about half the time when running windows and it also runs not-so-smooth anymore. Windows's load is a bit heavier I think and maybe the mac is not designed to run Windows.

later

Comment

Working...
            X