Summary of US Midterm Election Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
    Obamacare is definitely working for people in specific situations. It doesn't "work" for everyone in the sense that it's an improvement over the old healthcare system for everyone - especially middle-class Americans who already had pretty good healthcare.
    i totally agree, in that there are untapped billions in potential revenue if we were willing to fix the tax system and close loopholes. i'm not saying "raise taxes on the rich to pay for healthcare/public services", i'm saying simply ask them to pay the status quo tax rates which most fortune 500 companies avoid doing.

instead the burden of revenue falls on the middle class, causing people to blame the poor as if they're the ones sitting in congress or hiring lobbyists to pay congress off.
    Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 11-10-2014, 01:41 PM.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

ya my healthcare didn't go up I was just trolling you, go get em

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
        ya my healthcare didn't go up I was just trolling you, go get em

fuck my ass irl i took that trollbait hard

internet de la jerome

Comment

Obamacare did wonders for me my healthcare went from free to free oh wait im a vet dont give a fuck about his bullshit cant wait till hes gone.
          5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
          1:Cig <er>> ROFL
          1:fiS> LOL
          1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post
            Obamacare did wonders for me my healthcare went from free to free oh wait im a vet dont give a fuck about his bullshit cant wait till hes gone.
            ur so lucky i respect the armed forces more than i don't respect people who think changing figureheads will somehow change this country

internet de la jerome

Comment

While i agree politics never change jerome how one conducts themselves as president is a far bigger thing to me obama pretty much trampled any character that office is suppose to hold.
              5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post
                While i agree politics never change jerome how one conducts themselves as president is a far bigger thing to me obama pretty much trampled any character that office is suppose to hold.
                i will concede this point, but at the same time i also feel like the executive office has been a joke ever since a certain president used his power to spy on americans, cover up his own crimes, and then literally just quit and flew away on a helicopter when the jig was up :P

internet de la jerome

Comment

haha good point

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                    i totally agree, in that there are untapped billions in potential revenue if we were willing to fix the tax system and close loopholes. i'm not saying "raise taxes on the rich to pay for healthcare/public services", i'm saying simply ask them to pay the status quo tax rates which most fortune 500 companies avoid doing.

instead the burden of revenue falls on the middle class, causing people to blame the poor as if they're the ones sitting in congress or hiring lobbyists to pay congress off.
                    cannot happen until citizens united is repealed. and that could be a decade or longer depending on the composition of the supreme court.
                    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                    Originally posted by kthx
                    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

To those who think it is working...
                      LOL at Obamacare. Let’s see… I lost my existing coverage and had to signup using a website that makes the TWD site look good. Six weeks of fighting the web site and phone calls before I finally could get a new plan. Was told I missed the cut off for any significant discount because my income was $3k per year too high; so I was given a bill of $1200 per month. This great coverage has a $6000 deductible. That’s $6k EACH. My wife had to have major surgery. So I forked over $20,000 this year for health care. Did I mention that I paid into health insurance for over 25 years and never had a significant claim before? And guess what? I just got my renewal notice for next year. Oh gee, guess I should be happy that they ONLY jumped it up by 30%? That’s right, it is now just under $1600 per month. What a deal.

This is what you call a success? This is what you call ‘affordable’ healthcare’? There is nothing in ObamaCare that has worked well for my family at all. First, they stupidly based it on strictly your income, not your net worth. This means that if you can write down your income and get all kinds of heavy discounts even if your are very wealthy and can actually afford much more. Second, there is NOTING that stop the insurance companies from taking it up your ass the next year, no caps, no restrictions. No insurance company has ever gone out of business, they will always simply raise your rates and get back whatever they end up paying out on you.

The real issues in health care remain unaddressed. Know what the biggest percentage of healthcare remains unaddressed? The ‘final’ week or two a person lives. Yes, this is where the majority of incredible expenses come from... families who keep a person hanging on in the final week of their lives. This special care, giving people who have little chance at living beyond a week, is what represents huge percentage of the cost of health care. Obviously none of us wants to die, but the majority of these folks are not some 20 y.o that might pull through after some horrible car accident. These are mostly 85 y.o. just clinging to life. So please explain how ObamaCare helps with this issue at all.
                      Eph

Comment

And I would add, that the fucking politicians don't have to use Obamacare. they have lifelong rock solid great health insurance paid for by the rest of us.

Comment

My healthcare actually almost doubled in personal cost monthly jerome. Granted, it's cheap as fuck for me since I get the bare minimum that I'm allowed to. However, having already said that my price nearly doubled, keep in mind that my employer has an obligation to pay 85% of the healthcare costs, leaving the 15% to us to pay. You do the math.

We're also being told that certain positions aren't being filled because we want to get under a certain number of emloyees, thus avoiding certain parts of Obamacare. But absolutely jerome, its a one size fit all fix for everyone.
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Yeah I have to disagree with you Jerome, just because a few of your friends got a discount doesn't mean several hundred thousand people got fucked over by the law. And lets face it, it wasn't Obama doing you a favor its more along the lines of.

This isn't a valid economic model and its going to collapse the system eventually, people will find out its cheaper to not have insurance and pay the fine, and then get insurance when they are sick since companies are forced to cover pre-existing conditions now. Its designed to collapse the system so we can have a single payer system but either way its a terrible idea. Imagine if they did this with everything else, you get into a car accident and you are like oh shit, hey progressive you have to cover my claim I got into an accident but im buying insurance with you for the month. Putting a life insurance policy on your recently deceased husband or wife?

Look im glad you have a few feel good stories but overall this is terrible and its going to be even worse.

PS: Forgot to add advertising trenchwars after its dead to that ramble.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

See Saw of Congressional Obstructionism

Well ...it is time for the Dems to be the annoying be the DO NOTHINGS now. Repubs couldn't be any worse of a party than they already are sigh. Any common working person who votes for them is such a sheep. Cooperate tax rate loopholes as Jerome says need to be fixed. So funny how these mega corp liars can claim to be patriots while at the same time hiding profits offshore, outsourcing jobs to other countries because they need to keep their 100-200% profit margins alive while at the same time asking the American public to defend no minimum wage increases. .. oh and they still want to hire you for 39 hours a week to avoid paying health care (businesses were doing this WAY before Obama care. People forget that before Obama care the health system was even more pathetic... especially for the poor and most defenseless.

Also one reason people keep seeing big differences in the numbers of insured and cost factors surrounding the success of Obama care is because of
                              the state level politics going on. The red states have all been actively obstructing its implementation and purposely making it hard due to their tight medicare restrictions. I really blame this rampant greed mentality of big corporations in all this and these stupid wars. We should be INVESTING in OUR peoples health. I just don't get this mentality we have been going towards. It is fine to throw over 50% of taxes at the war machine and guns and bullets while at the same time we give only 22% to Medicare and Medicaid combined.

In short.. going back to where we were and killing a form of socialized health insurance for the people is NOT an option. I also have been disappointed in the Dems. I expected to see more from Obama but imagine if McCain and Palin had won.. lololol that would have been a shit show.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Also the repubs are finished being in the executive branch. I don't see them ever winning the presidency again.
                                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X