Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the best broadband connection you can get in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s the best broadband connection you can get in the UK?

Hello people.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me a little advice on what the best Broadband internet service is for the UK (or more locally Liverpool). Haven’t played TW or any other game on the internet for ages so I’m a bit out of date on what’s what. I’ve had a quick look at Telewest’s deal which is the best I’ve found for now at £25 (can’t remember what the connection speed is though), but have no idea what the service is like. Can anyone help me?

Oh and when I say best, I mean cost effective as well.

Cheers la.

mines £28 per month

544 kps

1GB/day dl limit.

www.kcom.com

-RR

Comment

Download limit? Man I have been out of the loop. Still a gig sounds ok-ish.

Comment

I live in south-east England, most densly populated area in Britain, third in the world, do you think broadband is available here? On the other hand, do you think it's available in rural Wales? No and yes.
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
          mines £28 per month

544 kps

1GB/day dl limit.

www.kcom.com

-RR

Hahahahaha ahahahah ahahahah.
          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Blueyonder from telewest 2mb/s
            theres another 2mb/s from something called HomeNet or something like that and you dont need to be in a cable area.
            im in north-west england, plz dont call me a friggin woollyback and its about 50 quid per month

Comment

now now bilbo, don't go flashing your 10mb cable with no download limits for 10$ a month to everyone, they might get jealous
              jee

Comment

You've only got decent internet in scandanavia because it's its night 23 hours of the day
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I have Virgin.net broadband. Its £24.99/month for 512k. No 12 month contract and no activation fee. Haven't found any download limit yet

Check out http://www.adslguide.org.uk for comparisons between the various broadband ISPs.

Comment

download limit... Here's an intresting fact 90% of Rogers Cable bandwith is used by only 10% of the users. But in the future if I go over my monthly dl limit which will be like 15 gigs a month I have to pay 5$ a gig.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                      I live in south-east England, most densly populated area in Britain, third in the world, do you think broadband is available here? On the other hand, do you think it's available in rural Wales? No and yes.
                      But doesn't Tigerex have broadband?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandagorian
                        download limit... Here's an intresting fact 90% of Rogers Cable bandwith is used by only 10% of the users. But in the future if I go over my monthly dl limit which will be like 15 gigs a month I have to pay 5$ a gig.
                        Sympatico just eliminated their bandwidth fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo5
                          Check out http://www.adslguide.org.uk for comparisons between the various broadband ISPs.
                          they do the BEST Counter-Strike servers for ppl in the UK, they do 6 diff ones, dust, dust+ dust2, popular maps etc

get a ping of about 25, and thats me up north

Comment

Originally posted by Blood
                            now now bilbo, don't go flashing your 10mb cable with no download limits for 10$ a month to everyone, they might get jealous
                            Sorry
                            Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

BTBroadband.
                              EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                              cool koen> :)
                              PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                              cool koen> not because of a bug
                              EvoLd> Lol
                              Treachery> meh
                              EvoLd> why then?
                              PubAceR> women in power dont last