LXG Movie Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elementary, my dear Winds.

Incidentally, for those who like bits of trivia, the phrase "elementary, my dear Watson" never actually appeared in those exact words in any of Doyle's original Holmes stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
      ...and $5.50 for that garbage...
      its $9 to see a movie in southern california ;__;
      Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
      Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

There are two places nearby. One is new, with nice seats and cupholders and all that. It's also right next to the biggest mall in the area. The other one is in the ghetto and is sparsely used by all the minorities there. The new one costs $9 evenings and $8.50 matinee. The old one charges $6 evenings and $5.50 matinee. They are the same cinema franchise (Showcase Cinemas). There's less than a 10 minute drive between them. GUESS WHICH ONE I ALWAYS GO TO!
        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
          The plot was incoherent. I had no idea what was going on for almost the entire movie - it really made no sense at all. (Maybe we should have stopped making fun of the movie to actually listen to it, but anywho...) Like that shit in Venice with the buildings collapsing? What the hell? Okay, they show the bombs, then Sean Connery says there are multiple bombs. Then there's something about the car's coordinates being tracked and Nemo is going to fire a rocket at it. WHAT? WHY! AND ISN'T IT 1899? I found it literally impossible to suspend my disbelief for even a second. Yes yes, it's based on a comic book, but still.. suckity suck suck. And what about Quartermain's son? What? What are you talking about, shitty movie? The first time he's mentioned is like 80 minutes into the movie. What? What the hell is going on? The guy with the mask is his son? What? How did Sawyer escape from the invisible dudes? What happened to the box with the samples? It's left floating on the water. Great, the idiot writer had to leave room for the sequel: 2LEAGUE2SHITTY.

And the parts of the plot that were comprehensible were totally predictable - I mean, you could see them coming from a mile away. The invisible dude is hiding on the thingy. Duh.

Action scenes were poorly done - cutting constantly from one character to another, and the camera was overly shaky. Not fluid AT ALL. Effects were cheesy. Acting was poor.

talk about incoherence, maybe i should've watched the movie to really understand what you're rambling about, or you need to drink less

maybe i'll just consult a professional review
          Ну вот...

Comment

Working...
          X