Lucid Dreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucid Dreaming

I have seen several interesting and thought provoking threads pop up lately on these forums (Evolution, Fate, Ghosts, Aliens, Physics, Martha Stewart, etc...). And I figured I'd add another one that is really cool to just know about.

So... has anyone ever tried this (lucid dreaming)? Where you 'wake up' from a dream and become completely aware that you're dreaming, causing the dream seem real... allowing you to do anything you want.
    I'm currently in the process of getting it down... and when I do, I will most likely be overwhelmed with joy and exhilaration, as the experience is said to be like.

Here are a few sites that can give you more information if you're interested (it's really worth knowing about and a good read):

Lucid Dreaming
    Design Your Own Dreams

Lucid Dreaming Guild
    Lucid Dreaming FAQs
    Lucidity Institute (w/ Stephen LaBerge)
    Last edited by Spybreak!; 08-02-2003, 02:32 AM.
    hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
    !

I've done that a few times...its awesome

Just think of something that you want to happen and poof! It happens

Comment

I was reading this article earlier....
      Kind of
      Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Hmm... I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but a couple weeks ago, I had several nights in a row where I would dream one dream, then get another one, but in the second dream I remember the first one and thought it was a dream within a dream. The weirdest thing about that was that it happened 3 nights in a row.

Comment

at the beginning of the summer i was getting a lot of extra sleep and whatnot due to not having to stay up late doing homework that i procrastinated.

pretty soon my nights started getting very fucked up and very unenjoyable. I would become semi concious a couple hours into my sleep and i would be dreaming that i was at work (most of the time). Since i was concious, it involved quite a bit of sleep walking and talking that was very memorable when i woke up. the most memorable....

(i am semiconcious and dreaming all of this) i was lifegaurding the baby pool. for some reason there were not only kids in the baby pool, but also zoo animals. they were scaring me. i was pissed off that I had to work at 3:00 am (thats what fucking time it was ffs). i hallucinated some little kid running so i yelled WALK so loud that my voice woke me up. i went poddy then went back to bed... and it started again as if it had never ceased. i was quite sure that the zoo animals had never existed though.. and i said to myself fuck work im going to sleep this is ridiculous. then i hallucinate that my boss is next to me talking to one of my co workers and i hear him say "he doesnt believe ... " or something... which totally reversed my resolution that the zoo animals didnt exist. so im fucking lifegaurding again sitting in my bed still preoccupied with the fucking zoo animals. holy shit. it was just fucking ridiculous. i finally became cognizant enough to realize that this was not going to end and i went and watched some tv. btw i dont do drugs. lol.

for a week or two i had many other similar nights... then i cut back down to six hours of sleep a night... now i sleep too deeply to do any of that stuff and nights are no longer hell.
          Last edited by za gophar; 08-02-2003, 03:17 AM.
          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
          apt>yes u can wtf
          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
          apt>na
          apt>ill show you pictures
          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

yes, and it's not always as enjoyable of an experience as most people say it is. it can actually be pretty fucking scary if you handle it wrong.
            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

We talked about this on RW last night but goibz was too mean to come online.
              There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

One or two times I've realized that I was dreaming in a dream, but it sucked. I was like "Ok, I have to keep calm so I don't wake up". Then I tried to go flying, but in about 2 seconds I would feel dizzy/spinning and wake up.

God that sucked.

I hear you can train yourself to have these kinds of dreams. It all has to do with you being able to recognize in the middle of dreaming that you are actually in a dream. Weird shit.
                sdg

Comment

Yeah i have a friend thats into that stuff, never really worked for me, seeing how i forget most of my dreams after i wake up.
                  TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                  TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                  TelCat> i dont

Comment

got to tell you this story.

Couple weeks ago i was sick,and when i am sick i have these weird dreams/nightmares. I had this weird dream about something really huge and gigantic slamming into my face when i did something,and some kind of little girl walking on my bed. I woke up,went to the bathroom and threw up. Then my mom came in and i said something like " don't go into the kitchen someone is trying to kill you." After that i went back to sleep,but the same thing happened the next day.

Comment

I had a wild dream before I came out of my spiritual closet
                      Why stop at lucid dreaming? Go for the O.B.E.! (out of body experience)

Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Eccl:12:6-7)

Comment

I'v always been able to tell a dream from real life and been able to control every detail of my dreams. I've never had a nightmare, ever that I was aware of.
                        Last edited by Heatha; 08-02-2003, 03:20 PM.
                        ()_()
                        (0.o)
                        (")(")

Comment

At least one night every week I realize I'm dreaming. It's always a good dream, but as soon as I realize it is a dream, I wake up. Never thought anything of it till I read this thread. I'm gonna give it a go, might aswell.
                          Squadless> I'M WHITE
                          Squadless> only on the outside tho

--------------
                          1:Lemmin> is there any reason why bongs have to be so strangely phallic?
                          1:Lemmin> it's just these adverts in magazines with men sucking on these tube-like things that concern me

--------------
                          7:Mr. Spam> any chubs want a twjd?
                          7:Nickname> only with you, sexpot

--------------
                          3:Sydi> ok that's enough mythical incest for now
                          --------------
                          Both teams are ready. Game begins in 30 seconds.
                          Scoobing> here it comes
                          WARNING: Disconnected from server

Comment

no nightmares for me... its like i control my dreams at times but sometimes i just want to let the dream roll... especially when its a nice story-thing... an exiting dream i dont want to make up from

Comment

is it possible for someone to develop lucid dreaming when he never ever remembers dreams? i guess i sleep very "deep" and the moment i wake up i have no idea anymore what i was dreaming.

apart of a child's dream i had when i was like 5 and that i've had probably till i was about 12, i can't remember 1 single dream. and i think dreaming is actually one of the best things in live, since i do "feel" that i can have enjoyed a dream i had, tho i have no clue anymore what it was about.

lucid dreaming sounds really cool do, kinda like ur own movie/adventure..

Comment

Working...
                              X