X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it wasnt bad, you wouldnt say it.

-RR

Comment

fuck damn shit, i say it all the time. but its really bullshit that its an 'illegal word'
      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Machine of God
        I asked my Christian friends to try and find something in the bible that says swearing is a sin. All they came up with is some verse about "if you call someone a fool you will burn in the fires of hell"
        "if you call someone a fool you will burn in the fires of hell"

That is rather straight forward isn't it? Although if that's 'all' he could come up with he didn't look that much either.

Vitron

Comment

Actually a lot of these words come from other things/expressions in the meanings. Over time the word has either been misspelled or misspronounced. I don't have any example off the top of my head but I've heard some reasons behind them,.
          2:STOMPA> my room mate just used my scissors to open her food. those are the scissors i use to trim my pubes

Mamamia! Save the princess Left_eye from the big and fat browser Yojo! ?go MARIO to play it. -nanas <ZH>
          9:trashed> LOL YOJ
          9:ph <ER>> LOL FAT BROWSER YOJO
          9:ph <ER>> OH GOD I SPIT MY WATER EVERYWHERE
          We need more people here! Yojo? is too fat and 10 isnt enough to life him up. ?go mario -Nanas <ZH>

alinea> if your penis wasn't so big, I coulda cleared it in one rep

Comment

Originally posted by Machine of God
            I stubbed my fucking toe on the chair, SHIT!

say that in church! It has little to do with the offesivness of the word itself, its all about the hype. "oooooh a dirty woord"

I asked my Christian friends to try and find something in the bible that says swearing is a sin. All they came up with is some verse about "if you call someone a fool you will burn in the fires of hell"

Which leads back to the idea of "Ow I stubbed my fucking toe". Where it is just a describing word, nothing wrong with it. Just like if I said "Ow I stubbed my darn toe"
            The original purpose of swear words when God created the earth and all it's little pixies was to offend people. I didn't say you had to aim it at anyone, its just the fact that you didn't have to say it and that the main reason you are saying it is to piss people off, that makes people go 'oooooh'.
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

It's an un cool way to try to seem cool :/

Vitron

Comment

I am a Christian but I agree with most of you that words are just words. There is nothing wrong with the word per se, but there can be consequences in how you use your words (not just swear words).

If you've seen the Howard Stern movie "Private Parts" there's a scene where he has a game show where all the answers are swear words. The questions are fill-in-the-blank: "blank willow" or "blank-a-doodle-do". A funny scene that kind of shows how it's not the words themselves but how you use them.

That said, I generally don't swear for the reason that people DO take offense. Half of communicating is, after all, how your message is received. The word newbie and it's "variations" probably could fall into the category of a curse in our little community here.

Philippians 4:8
                Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.

Ephesians 4:29
                Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Psalm 19:14
                May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 49:3
                My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the utterance from my heart will give understanding.

Ecclesiastes 5:2
                Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.

Plenty more:
                http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/b...th&version=NIV

Disclaimer: My views do not necessarily reflect the view of all Christians, my church, any church, any other Christian besides myself, SS, TW, TW affiliates, etc, etc.
                Last edited by geekbot; 09-06-2003, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X