No announcement yet.

September 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone has a right to mourn whomever they choose. If you feel that a group gets overlooked, then by all means, bring it up and ask for the same rememberance. Noone's stopping you. even if you feel such snubs are disrespectful, then I do believe that using them as examples in such a trivial and political purpose is an even bigger insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
      Everyone has a right to mourn whomever they choose. If you feel that a group gets overlooked, then by all means, bring it up and ask for the same rememberance. Noone's stopping you. even if you feel such snubs are disrespectful, then I do believe that using them as examples in such a trivial and political purpose is an even bigger insult.
      Originally posted by MaGi kOz
      If a moment of silence is needed on the day for those who died on September 11, we might as well swear a vow of silence forever or until the day we die.

I did ask. Yet nobody listens.

Comment

AIDS kills millions in a year and many people don't know about it
        cancer kills millions in a year and many people have never heard of it
        Malaria kill millions in a year and most people ignore it

so why be excited when suddenly 3000 people are killed? there are more deaths of traffic accidents or use of guns in a year in the US only...

of course it's not good, but Bush'd better started a war against one of the things i mentioned above in stead of afghanistan and iraq...
        Menno is a 1337 lamer! (5:0)

Comment

I have given it careful thought, and not all muslims are bad. I use to hate muslims, but I don't now. I have read and listen to a few verses of the KORAN and they make sense to me and can't disagree.

Any real Islamist/Muslim should know better that to kill innocent people is not what God/Allah wants. That is called MURDER, and is a SIN.

In every religion you have fanatics, they just take things too far.

Christians/Jews/Islamist should never fight each other, for we all have the same roots and believe there is 1 God. Ok, there is difference between the big 3, but we have similiarities too.

And the morons who crashed into the twin towers, are a bunch of fools.

If they were fighting for GOD, spiritual values... then it is not a building that you must destroy.... but winning the hearts/souls of the humans in this world. By far, they have failed..... in their own hearts they were convinced they were right in the eyes of god.... and also they should have had faith that God would deal accordingly with their so called enemies.

In reality, humans killing humans is completely stupid... we are all one big family, whether we like it or not.

Comment

The whole 9/11 thing is really really overrated. Especially when Americans probably instigated this with their scrutiny and stuff like the WTO.

Is it sad? Yeah it was pretty bad. But as a result of the incident thousands more civilians have died, and no one seems to care because those civilians are not american civilians.

Like I said, its overrated. And I can say that because I have been thoroughly desensitized by the american media.

gg america, may god bless you.

Edit: Oh yea, In memory of all who died in 9/11 ?go turretwarz -Icey <ZH>
            Last edited by Bioture; 09-17-2003, 01:06 AM.
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Mennoowh

so why be excited when suddenly 3000 people are killed? there are more deaths of traffic accidents or use of guns in a year in the US only...

of course it's not good, but Bush'd better started a war against one of the things i mentioned above in stead of afghanistan and iraq...
              Originally posted by MaGi kOz
              Why should you people hold a moment of silence on a day when a few thousand Americans died when a few millions have died innocently as well everywhere else?...

If a moment of silence is needed on the day for those who died on September 11, we might as well swear a vow of silence forever or until the day we die.
              Originally posted by Bioture
              But as a result of the incident thousands more civilians have died, and no one seems to care because those civilians are not american civilians.
              no one seems to realize that the 9-11 event was a terrorist attack, therefore all those who died were as innocent as can be. in the past, people died because countries had declared war on one another. america was not at war with anyone, so the attack caught us all by surprise.

Mennoowh, you wanted Bush to start a war against diseases, traffic problems, and murders by guns? what america did in iraq had no connection with 9-11. from what i understand, it was solely to bring down saddam.

MaGi kOz, first of all, not only americans died in the attack. secondly, people around the world are remembered in many ways. in america, veterans day and memorial day honor those who died in wars, simply on one day because they all died at different times. 9-11 is now known as patriot day, probably more important than other american holidays because innocent people, not just americans, died together within hours. a moment of silence is the least you could do to show respect.

Bioture, as i said above, the 9-11 attacks had nothing to do with iraq. america declared war on iraq for not giving up wmd, and as with other wars, the loss of enemy civilians is never purposeful coming from america, etc. plenty of the civilians were sacrificed by saddam himself, such as the family sent in a rigged vehicle into an american base. and i don't know about you, by i care when anyone dies innocently, whether they're friend, foe, or neutral.

i'm not racist or sexist or anything like that. the only kind of people who get on my nerves are those who misinterpret what's really going on. if someone doesn't like the idea of remembering people who died, fine, go on with your feelings, but please don't make a controversy about it in front of people who were affected by the incident.
              there's more to life than meets the eye, but don't let that get you down.

"If someone throws a stone, throw bread back."
              -anonymous

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
              -Samuel Langhorne Clemens

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              -Samuel Johnson

Comment

Your name is pronounced as follows: SIH ZIH JEE

What's my prize? By the way, if that's you Justin, I now own that name.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

funny, Mayo Inc. mistook me for being "J" and now u believe i'm "Justin." apparently i'm not J, and i'm not Justin either. please feel free to explain why my name associates with this "Justin" or u, jason, for that matter. also explain y u own my name!!

yay, u win too (Mr. Peanuts beat u to it in my thread in Useless Crap). anyway, ur prize is a trip for 2 to ur house. i work wonders, don't i?

-anonymous

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  -Samuel Johnson

Comment

Mayo Inc. mistook you for being "J" because I own the name syzygy and have used it in-game, thus he must've thought I registered it on the forums as well. I mistook you for being Justin, because my cousin, whose name is Justin, wanted the name syzygy for a few years. I only recently acquired it after a reset. I own the name syzygy because it's one of the coolest fucking words ever. If I'm not mistaken, it's the only word in the English language with three y's. How sweet is that? Not to mention, it actually means something interesting.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by syzygy
                      no one seems to realize that the 9-11 event was a terrorist attack, therefore all those who died were as innocent as can be. in the past, people died because countries had declared war on one another. america was not at war with anyone, so the attack caught us all by surprise.

from what i understand, it was solely to bring down saddam.

as i said above, the 9-11 attacks had nothing to do with iraq. america declared war on iraq for not giving up wmd, and as with other wars, the loss of enemy civilians is never purposeful coming from america, etc. plenty of the civilians were sacrificed by saddam himself, such as the family sent in a rigged vehicle into an american base. and i don't know about you, by i care when anyone dies innocently, whether they're friend, foe, or neutral.

i'm not racist or sexist or anything like that. the only kind of people who get on my nerves are those who misinterpret what's really going on.

Tell me you are 12 ... I am having a hard time believing anyone could be this naive.
                      Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mennoowh

The problem I have with what you say is this...

1. you think people don't know about aids, and never heard of cancer, and ignore malaria? that's just dumb shit.

2. these things happen, and nobody likes it, but it's not a person causing it, in fact, we're trying to figure out how to stop it, dumb shit.

3. you're a dumb shit.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
                          Tell me you are 12 ... I am having a hard time believing anyone could be this naive.
                          I'd be interested in hearing some backup information to support this.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

J, yes, it is the best word ever, and i was surprised when i couldn't log into ss with "syzygy." i'm not sure about the three y's thing (chemicals can have freaky names) but i do know that it's the only word with yzy in it.

TelC@t, i'd like to hear ur side of the story before u judge someone. i'm not as smart as most ppl my age (fyi, i'm 16), but i'm sure someone out there can agree that u'r an ignoramus trying to pick a fight.

-anonymous

-Samuel Johnson

Comment

Sry if I gave you the impression that I was trying to pick up a fight.
                              I would start a thread talking about what I think the 'War on Iraq' is really about once I have some time because it's going to be a long post and with some rather unorthordox theories that I need to give evidences to support them with.
                              Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
                                Sry if I gave you the impression that I was trying to pick up a fight.
                                I would start a thread talking about what I think the 'War on Iraq' is really about once I have some time because it's going to be a long post and with some rather unorthordox theories that I need to give evidences to support them with.

You always have time. You're just damn lazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X