Is love an action or a feeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodzombie
    That's the dumbest shit ever. He does those things BECAUSE he loves you. The love isn't the action, the action is a result of the love.
    And thats why you missed the 2nd argument completely. IF your father loved you, but did NOTHING for you.

is that still love? or is love in the ACTION.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
      And thats why you missed the 2nd argument completely. IF your father loved you, but did NOTHING for you.

is that still love? or is love in the ACTION.

if your father loved you, he would do stuff, not necessarily for you, but at least WITH you (depending on his child raising philosophy) because he loves you. Some people aren't as good at showing love as other people though.

It's also possible, if your father is a lazy alcoholic or something, that he just has other issues, and it's not like he doesn't love you, he's just all wrapped up in his own problems. Or it's possible that he really doesn't love you, I dunno.
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

who said the Pope's divinely inspired of God?

I haven't read in any scriptures...or heard from God himself that he is.

Just because a church claims it, doesn't mean it's so...develop your own ideas about the bible without other people's influences

PS, to do that, you should actually READ the bible first, and no, sparknotes.com doesn't count.
        Ну вот...

Comment

People commonly mistake love and expressions of love. If you love somebody and you buy them flowers because you love them, those are two different things, one being an expression of the other.

Take look at a counter example. Let's say you do NOT love somebody. You can still lie and tell that person that you do love them (or if you want continuity in examples, buy them flowers). In this case, the action is present but the feeling is not. Is this love?

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA
            who said the Pope's divinely inspired of God?

I haven't read in any scriptures...or heard from God himself that he is.

Just because a church claims it, doesn't mean it's so...develop your own ideas about the bible without other people's influences

PS, to do that, you should actually READ the bible first, and no, sparknotes.com doesn't count.
            It's fun to be high and mighty.

I can't speak for anyone else (except conc because we're one in the same) but the church is exactly what I was making fun of. I'm pretty sure nobody even mentioned the bible, or their ideas about it.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

i'm glad you made that distinction for yourself so i didn't have to
              Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA
                i'm glad you made that distinction for yourself so i didn't have to
                Otherwise you would have had to save the day!

Comment

No dude, that's what God does.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

All praise Ohm.
                    Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Shakespeare said it best.....

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
                      Admit impediments. Love is not love
                      Which alters when it alteration finds,
                      Or bends with the remover to remove:
                      O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
                      That looks high upon tempests and is never shaken;
                      It is the star to every wandering bark,
                      Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
                      Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
                      Within his bending sickle's compass come:
                      Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
                      But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
                      If this be error and upon me proved,
                      I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
                      Last edited by Material Girl; 10-05-2003, 01:48 PM.
                      Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X