Racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murder is only commited by the person that get killed

Well when someone shoots a gun empty on someone, and the guy catches those bullets with his vital organs he is in fact comitting the murder, not the guy who shoots the bullets.
    The guy that shoots doesn't have a problem with the situation, but the other guy makes such a big fuss out of it, with all that blood, moaning and dying.

gg
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by MaGi kOz
      SO STOP CREATING RACISM IN A GROUP OF LETTERS. YOU TAKE THE MEANING OUT OF A WORD, IT BECOMES NOTHING BY A GROUP OF LETTERS.
      That is what languages (verbal communication) is based on. A group of letters get a meaning, so we can express feelings or explain what we want.
      If we stop giving meaning to words.. we can't communicate.
      And I think staff has the right to make it illegal for people to use those words that is going to hurt a minority.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

There's a fine line between RAPE, PAIN, AND RACISM. WHAT LINE IS THAT YOU ASK, MAGI KOZ? RAPE and PAIN involve PHYSICAL association. RACISM... all in words. A MENTAL THING.

A better world where there is not a need for anyone to say anything racist at all? By how? By oppressing our speech? For a better world, we must NOT say something- other than a world where we're free to SAY ANYTHING WE WANT without anyone being offended by it?

Pain can be mental as well. Some would say that mental pain is far worse than phyisical pain sometimes. Like the rest of your arguments, youare not speaking from a position to dictate how others may or may not be offended.

And as for the "better world" part, you misread what I said: I said a better world is one where THERE IS NO NEED to say anything racist. I didn't say anything about outside oppression of free speech, but rather of internal control over what we say. Why would anyone need to say anything racist anyway? "Just to joke around" is a weak answer, but to insult or degrade somebody is a more likely one. And if that is the goal of one's use of certain words, then how in the world can you justify blaiming those who are offended if that was the goal of the person saying it?

I also do not appreciate the comparison to Hitler either, as that example is far more extreme and out of line than either of mine. Under your model, if Hitler ran around sayng that there is a master race and that he intends to eliminate the rest, you would be saying that it's his victims who are the real racists.

Justifying racism as being moral because it's like making fun of anyone else for other reasons is faulty reasoning because going around insulting them is also wrong. You are saying that since they are both wrong and one isn't treated as being bad, then they both shouldn't be. It should be the other way around and both should be treated equally as bad.

Your comment about how "racism will only exist as long as they keep their prejudice against people who openly use this racism", however, is laughable. Racism is created by the act of using it, not in the receiving of it. It is equally laughable that you think it worse to be thought of by someone else as having said something racist than actually saying it in the first place.

The problem you have is that you draw a line between words and actions and separate the two completly without considering the fact that using words is an action as well. You reduce the use of racist words to just being a set of semantics without dealing with the context in which they are being used.
        Last edited by Troll King; 10-15-2003, 11:14 AM.

Comment

if you want to see how EVERYONE should take racism, go to the GenMay forums... there are numerous black members and everyone calls them the n-word.. they dont care.. even one black member, isajeep, has his name as a replacement for the n-word...so when you type it, it shows up as isajeep instead... he doesn't care...no one cares, everyone just uses it and laughs about it and takes it all like a joke.. the way everyone should..

im polish, you can call me a dumb pollock and recite your jokes about it until you are blue in the face, and I couldn't care less
          Surffaan näitä foorumeita munasillani.

Comment

Comparable to hitler...
            Godwin's Law... You lose the argument.

llater,
            Tony

Comment

funny thing, "white trash" and "******" lost their meanings where i live. Black and whites call each other and themselves those words and no offence is ever taken. The only true racism is against immigrants. Err, maybe not "true" but "heaviest". America is gonna joke its way out of everything.

EDIT: holy shit, this forum has censoring!!!
              I like sub space
              but i am not a fuck face
              but most people in it are...
              me - i didn't get that far.
              it's also full of lamers, laggots,
              newbies, eaters, teamers, faggots...
              I own them like an ez pie
              ph34r!! - stay away or die.

Comment

There's a fine line between RAPE, PAIN, AND RACISM. WHAT LINE IS THAT YOU ASK, MAGI KOZ? RAPE and PAIN involve PHYSICAL association. RACISM... all in words. A MENTAL THING.

I just read about a study recently that showed that physical and emotional pain are essentially the same thing. they affect the same parts of the brain.

I think you're partially right, magi, but you're missing something. There's no reason that racial terms need to be taken in such a negative light, but at the same time, why would anyone feel the need to use them, joking or otherwise? it's very possible that in the future, they'll lose their meaning, and everyone can joke about it, but right now it's a sensitive topic, and probably will be for a long time to come, so the best thing to do is to treat everyone with respect, and that'll speed up the whole process and maybe our grandkids can live in a time when race issues are a joke.

True acts of racism happen. Violent disturbing crimes happen because of racism, how do people know which guy you are, the joker, or the serious guy? If you had a family member die to cancer, you wouldn't laugh at cancer jokes.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I'm sure I'll get called out here, because I make fun of mexicans and canadians all the time, but that's actually a good example of what i'm talking about. Who really hates canadians? they drink beer and play hockey, what's to hate? You can joke about that, but black/white tension is just way too high.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Interesting

Comment

im sick of these controvercial racism posts.

dont say anything to offend anoyne and ur fine.

kbye

Comment

The problem is that you might think that calling people using racist terms would not offend them. But the fact is that some people (in fact a lot of people) do take things more seriously than you.

Although your intention was not bad, sometimes, people do get hurt by those kind of things. If the black guy who you use the N word on is not your best friend who knows you well, I suggest you to not do it.
                        Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
                          The problem is that you might think that calling people using racist terms would not offend them. But the fact is that some people (in fact a lot of people) do take things more seriously than you.

Although your intention was not bad, sometimes, people do get hurt by those kind of things. If the black guy who you use the N word on is not your best friend who knows you well, I suggest you to not do it.

deep, as always

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t

wtf you saying? i made this thread to point that people SHOULDN'T be offended by racial slur because of their OWN racial mind that causes them to be offended by it.

Damn women. Stay in the kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                            X