23 minutes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 is better
    A man who desires nothing is invincible.

Comment

Doesnt matter what you pick your going to do them all sometime.
      ?find Cake

-Yummy

Comment

This is true
        Good: Your children are sexually active.
        Bad: With each other
        Worse: And your wife.

Good: Hot outdoor sex.
        Bad: Getting arrested.
        Worse: By your husband

Good: The teacher likes your son.
        Bad: Sexually.
        Worse: The techer is a he.

Good: You go home for a quickie.
        Bad: you get caught by your wife
        Worse: You're with her sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
          I wish I only spent 23 minutes here...
          Go back to school, learn to read.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
            tell that to hemingway. his first few novels were published one chapter at a time in a weekly newspaper. and guess what? he was paid by the word.

and now you know why having to read his crap in high school was so utterly boring.
            i wasn't aware that hemingway was ever paid like this....this sounds very familiar to how sir arthur conan doyle presented sherlock holmes. and while much of what doyle wrote is repetitive and overly descriptive he remains one of my favourite authors. if you can use your adjectives, go ahead. by the way gerb, what books did hemingway write originally for a paper? i've read a farewell to arms and old man and the sea. the only thing i notice about hemingway is that he is a very dialogue driven author...which in many cases is the antithesis of being wordy. what i mean is character development comes through dialogue rather than description by the author of the character. do share gerb.

Comment

i came across the hemingway info when i was looking up average modern novel word counts online. but i had gone through so many websites, i don't remember where this one was listed.

anyways, it was a short list of some famous writers and word counts of their more well-known books. hemingway was listed for "a farewell to arms" (i think the word count for it was around 150,000), and beneath that was a paragraph that talked about being paid by the word and published weekly, etc.

i don't remember if "a farewell to arms" was specifically one of the pay-by-the-word books or not.

p.s. on a personal note, i do have to say that hemingway's story about his little fishing trip was more boring than a 24-hour manos: the hands of fate marathon.
              plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Most early novels were written and published in installments in newspapers and other similiar media. Word count was one of the easiest ways to determine payment. The concept of the "novel" itself is a relatively late idea. The practice is still being done, though its popularity has waned with the development of the modern novel.

Comment

Working...
                X