No announcement yet.

Asking for more help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relayn's promise won the voting by a long shot, but the one guy in my group thinks it isn't creative enough. This guy has the absolute worst ideas ever. He's the guy who came up with the character class of "Punisher'.... seriously what the hell is that? But he's also incredibly smart in CS stuff and doing everything that makes our game cool... so what can you do.

I think I can get him to accept shards in some variation though. Proj you may be a hero.

Comment

The correct answer is B, Relayn's Promise.
      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

I told you it was the correct answer!
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

I'd be more than willing to write the MIDI music for your game. I study music composition for media at university and have covered this sort of thing before. Final fantasy style I could most definately do. If you are interested or want to hear any of my past work, you are welcome.

P.S. I could do with a more detailed brief first though

Comment

Cumulonimbus, that sounds great. Give me some way to contact you so we could discuss this. I use AIM, ICQ, mIRC, and subspace. I could hook you up with our story then. Either post your contact info here, or send me a ?message in subspace with it if you could.

Comment

Oh, another "collect the 7 orbs/crystals/shards to save the world" type plot.

Lemme guess: the game also has "magic", which is neither explained or questioned?

But hey! I don't know jack about programming; all I do is criticize cliche plots.

I think it should be D: Dreams of Gaia

omg wtf taht title su><><0rz
              …../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_……… LUEshi is watching j00...
              …( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :o `-,……

Comment

I remember when Enix hadn't sold out.

Edit:This comment is not related to Sleepy's game in anyway.

Comment

I didn't write the story, and actually none of the story has been implemented yet. Personally I plan on taking the current story and rewriting almost the whole thing so it doesn't suck. And for the first time ever you make a decent point and I'm actually going to take into consideration that it would be good to explain why magic exists

Comment

Wheel of time has 'magic' in a sense, and it is explained, and well (great series)
                    7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                    1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                    8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                    Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                    Piston> I own in belim
                    6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Yes I've read it.

Comment

If you want some nice inspiration for a magically inclined plot, check out the Riftwar Trilogy by David E. Fiest (Feist?). The first book, Magician is an RPG waiting to be made - it even encompasses some easy to implement mini games!!!

hah
                        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

I used to be a big fan of C.S. Friedman's Black Sun Rising for magic being explained, but the cliche writing really got to me. Still, it is an interesting take for those who are interested.

Comment

Cumulonimbus please respond to my messages. I'm really interested in your stuff it sounds like it could work out really great, but need to know real soon what you would be able to do for us in the timeframe we have. And I'd like to hear some of the stuff you've done. Please respond as soon as you can. Contact me on AIM at Sithel14 or ICQ at 172881134 or E-mail at dbs23@cornell.edu or give me a mIRC channel to meet in or some time to talk to you in Subspace when you'll be around.

Comment

Strings of Fate
                              Last Hope

Just off the top of my head.
                              Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                              i just wish it was longer
                              Originally posted by Cops
                              it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

We decided today to go with "Shards of a Broken Land" suggested by Proj V. Thanks Proj.

Comment

Working...
                                X