Clear All

• http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...ian_Vegetarian

everything else
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

• Is this your favourite?
      Originally posted by Tyson
      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
      Originally posted by HeavenSent
      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
      Originally posted by Izor
      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

• Honestly you have to try this one:

http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/Persia..._and_Potatoes)

Tahdeeg (golden crust at the bottom of the cooked rice) is boss. Takes a while to get it to cook though

there's a bunch of rice dish varieties in our culture so you can make tahdeeg with just about any vegi dish that involves rice.
        sigpic

Comment

• she made it with a happy face!
          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.

Comment

• personally I'm not fan of Iranian food (I've been around it so long, I just don't care for it) but I'm not what you call your prototypical Persian. Heck I hate tomatoes, everyone in Iran eats a tomatoe whole for christ sake. It comes with like every dish you order at a Persian restaurant.

That video i posted is a general choice for vegi dishes in the iranian household. Everything else usually involves rice. We have some nice eggplant dishes too.
            sigpic

Comment

• the happy face was made with fried eggs
              sigpic

Comment

• whats that first thing she puts in after mixing the egg. chimoric.. or something?

Comment

• Turmeric

it's a spice we like to use a lot.
                  sigpic

Comment

• it helps add a brown color to the dishes
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                      personally I'm not fan of Iranian food (I've been around it so long, I just don't care for it) but I'm not what you call your prototypical Persian. Heck I hate tomatoes, everyone in Iran eats a tomatoe whole for christ sake. It comes with like every dish you order at a Persian restaurant.

That video i posted is a general choice for vegi dishes in the iranian household. Everything else usually involves rice. We have some nice eggplant dishes too.
                      oh man I love a good tomatoe and can def eat it like a fruit almost. Of course its def better if you add some salt pepper and basil but tomatoes are one of my favourite things in this world!

Comment

• oh tumeric! I have that shit already after going through my indian phase.. I gave up because I was never able to cook it anywhere close to the delicious indian food you get in restaurants

Comment

• We dont really have that many persian foodplaces in Malmö so Ive never really had a good taste of it. I remember eating at friends house when I was younger but its been a while. We have plenty of arabic places tho but yeah not the same I guess (altho there has to be some similarities - at least when you compare swedish food to persian food)

Comment

• of course there's similarities

they all in the same area, it's not that hard to put 2 to 2 together and realize they must be getting the same food products thats indigenous to the area.

it's just presentation and how we put it together that's different
                            sigpic

Comment

• if you can find it in your area

try using basmati rice for any rice dish (it's the preferred choice)
                              sigpic

Comment

• Like that would be hard to find!

Comment

Working...
                                X