Fruit Salad (Urgent!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit Salad (Urgent!!!)

Okey, what kind of dressing should I use, or should I use any kind of dressing at all.

I volunteered to bring the fruit salad for Xmas dinner tomorrow night. There will be people at dinner who know me really well, but have never tried anything I cooked/made before. I have this desire to impress them

I am going to use the following ingredients:

banana
    strawberry
    kiwifruit
    peach
    cherry

I got 20 hours. HELLLLP!!!
    Wont die, no surrender 2

Ok.

First step: don't panic.

Second step: Go out to the grocery store and buy some fruit salad.

Seriously. What is it? $3? Give me a break. If you find that price to be too steep, rent your body out to a group of homeless guys for half an hour or knock over a gumball machine. You're trying to make an impression. Which would be the more logical choice?

a) Waste your time making crappy fruit salad when you've never prepared food beyond what you've put in your dog's food bowl and make a terrible impression.
    b) Take the five minutes out of your day to go to a grocery store where someone who makes fruit salad for a living will sell you some of theirs. Put it into some glassware, add a touch of spraypaint, and you're done. If they ask you if you made it, don't panic. Lie.

Anyhow, good luck with the fruit salad.

Comment

You doubt my ability to make a decent fruit salad.
      Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Put whatever fruit you have in it and then spike it. You're guests won't give half a shit what's in it or what it tastes like when they're climbing up the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
          You doubt my ability to make a decent fruit salad.
          Considering you're asking people on a gaming forum how to make fruit salad, of course I doubt your ability to make a decent fruit salad.

Hell, I think you're lucky you found someone who even knows what fruit salad is.

Comment

And nobody eats fruit salad anyway unless they're fat people on diets. In which case, you shouldn't care to impress them when they're wallowing in self loathing.

You can tell I don't have many friends. I'm much too honest.

Comment

theres some syrup stuff u can buy over here, but if i were you, if you have any tinned fruit, use the juice from that, but not too much as it makes the bananas go soggy and rank. If u dont have any tinned fruit, buy some. U really need a bit of the juices from the can.

Comment

Originally posted by RudyH
                Put whatever fruit you have in it and then spike it. You're guests won't give half a shit what's in it or what it tastes like when they're climbing up the walls.

$$$

Comment

First step: Go kill yourself. Then you have an excuse.
                  EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                  cool koen> :)
                  PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                  cool koen> not because of a bug
                  EvoLd> Lol
                  Treachery> meh
                  EvoLd> why then?
                  PubAceR> women in power dont last
                  EvoLd> LOl
                  toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Dougan
                    Considering you're asking people on a gaming forum how to make fruit salad, of course I doubt your ability to make a decent fruit salad.

Hell, I think you're lucky you found someone who even knows what fruit salad is.
                    Do you go to Tulane or Loyola?
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                      theres some syrup stuff u can buy over here, but if i were you, if you have any tinned fruit, use the juice from that, but not too much as it makes the bananas go soggy and rank. If u dont have any tinned fruit, buy some. U really need a bit of the juices from the can.
                      I was actually thinking something like that, except I was afraid that the juice from tinned fruit tastes a bit funny.

Is it me or does anyone else think canned fruits have this 'metallic' taste to it because it stayed in a metal can for too long
                      Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

I've never noticed that before. Then again, I don't eat canned fruits too often.
                        The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

From the Kitchen of THE PUSHER

Push's Fruit Salad Dressing

This is a two dressing procedure. The citrus-ginger reduction will be mixed with the salad, and the rum topping for garnish.

Citrus-Ginger Reduction

2 1/2 cups water
                          5 cups granulated sugar
                          2 cups chopped lemon grass
                          1/2 cup julienned fresh ginger
                          4 lemons, zested and juiced

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, and simmer over medium-high heat until boiling. Boil the mixture until the sugar completely dissolves. Strain the mixture into a clean bowl and let cool. Once it is cold mix well with your fruit.

Coconut Rum Whipped Cream

2 Cups Whipped Cream
                          2 TBSP Powdered Sugar
                          4 TBSP Coconut Flavored Rum

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Place a dollop on each serving of fruit salad. Use a fresh mint leaf for garnish.

-Merry Xmas!
                          Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

See? Even Pusher agrees, you can't go wrong with alcohol.

Comment

Acids, preservatives, and sugars in the canned mix itself cause small amounts of the metal to be leeched into the contained mix. Resulting in that 'tinny' taste common to canned fruits and vegetables.
                              Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Working...
                              X