DVORAK keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVORAK keyboard

thats the Dvorak keyboard. from the website, the hardest word to type is "New".

FYI, have a nice day.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

dont the french or something have ASERTY keyboards?

Comment

Radek Dvorak

Comment

I'm sorry, but that is just plain retarded. There is no point in changing the layout of keyboards now, and if some random person just decides to start using that layout, they're going to be fucked if they have to use some computer at work or whatever.
          sdg

Comment

My penis wants everyone to know that layout sucks.
            sage

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
              I'm sorry, but that is just plain retarded. There is no point in changing the layout of keyboards now, and if some random person just decides to start using that layout, they're going to be fucked if they have to use some computer at work or whatever.
              A lot of people have been using the Dvorak layout for years. (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you're not thinking this is anything "new" as I initially felt from reading your post.) Whether they really are more efficient or reduce stress has been argued for decades however. And as for difficulties with using computers at work, Windows has had Dvorak support since 3.1. All you have to do is change the language settings.

Comment

Dvorak shmorak, i want THIS elite TouchStream thing...
                Now if someone will just give me 339 $ for a keyboard -_-

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
                1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
                1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
                1:Zloy> Why
                1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

djeezzz 399$ for a keyboard:eek:

and mr. peanuts.... I have an azerty-board

and yes, it looks hard to type new, man stupid keyboard
                  Last edited by Elendili; 01-03-2004, 11:18 PM.

Comment

dvorak is actually mostly used for people that are disabled... or can only type with one hand. I know a m8 of mine that has one arm, he uses the dvorak layout because it's easier for him. He uses his stub for the shift key.

Comment

I use my stub for different stuff too
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I don't have a keyboard...I have a headsystem which allows me to talk to my computer. I have this handicap and the only thing i can move is my head I hope you feel sorry for me! It's pretty stupid tho, sitting here all alone on my room talkin to a screen...
                        I hope you feel sorry for me, call me one day
                        I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
                          I don't have a keyboard...I have a headsystem which allows me to talk to my computer. I have this handicap and the only thing i can move is my head I hope you feel sorry for me! It's pretty stupid tho, sitting here all alone on my room talkin to a screen...
                          I hope you feel sorry for me, call me one day
                          i bet u got a jumprope for xmas -_-

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
                          1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
                          1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
                          1:Zloy> Why
                          1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

Actually the qwerty keyboard isn't "optimal" at all, for one, you can't write as fast with this (I'm using it too) keyboard as someone talks. For instance, sub-title writers and translators for television use another type of keyboard which uses combinations of buttons to form a word (instead of typing each letter). With that keyboard you can easily, once you've learnt how to use it, write as fast as someone talks...

Edit: Aaah found it, it's called Veyboard.
                            Apparently with a qwerty keyboard you can get about 200-300 touches per min, with this veyboard you can get about 450/min.

Layout:
                            Last edited by Malladrin; 01-05-2004, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exotic
                              Radek Dvorak
                              Type that backwards and pronounce it, it means "Stupid psycho" in Russian. I think. >/

Comment

Working...
                              X