any durmmers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any durmmers out there?

I got a drumset for my birthday a couple weeks ago. It's a Used(good condition) Pearl Export set with 2 toms, floor tom, bass, snare, ride/crash cymbal, and hi-hat cymbal. I need to get new cymbals and junk, but that'll be later. I'm basically a beginner at drums. My friends and I just jam and mess around but we thinking of making a band. Can ANYONE that knows some stuff about drums gimme any useful tips or hints for a beginner drummer? THANKS.
    Last edited by alkaline; 01-07-2004, 12:06 AM.

ditch one of your toms dude and get a double bass pedal;

sierously

maybe one more crash; splashs are for pussies as are chinas.

ditch the higher sounding tom though. (not sure the technical mumbo jumbo term for it)

justin
    Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
    Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Chinas are the joint, dude. So wrong.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

yeaaaaaaaaa chinhas can be cool

but hes a jersey kid

he woudlnt know what to do with it
        Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
        Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

alk: worry about equipment later. a good drummer can rock it on any kit, so just concentrate on learning for now. then, when you know how to play, you'll automatically know what new pieces you need or how you want your kit arranged.
          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

If this helps, the style of music I plan on playing in my future band is Punk/Emo. You know, the Jersey scene.

Comment

then you'll probably end up arranging your kit as if you were in a metal band. it's a small trick that will make your music sound less "pop".

Comment

me and gerbz would rock the shizzle out of the fizzle if we made a band
                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                There wont be another election for president.
                Obama is the Omega President.
                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Get a double bass. I played drums for a while and when I later switched to doubles it was very hard. Took a while to sync it out nicely.

Did you know Elvis drummer was the first one with double bass pedals? Omg that's some tight shit. I bet he presses the pedals like 1 time in 3 seconds. Damn fast huh?
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

i play drums for fun, i think having a band at this time would be pointless.

im gonna wait till im in college to form a band.

yeah, gerbz has it right, as you play you will make your own setup and you'll find what is right for you.

just learn and progress from piss easy stuff like the white stripes kinda drumming way up to the harder rock... green day - jaded is the hardest thing that i have ever tried to play, i just cant perfect it - my forearm starts to itch and gets hot cause of the blood but if anyone has perfected it, lemme know.

Comment

I managed to play the trooper (by iron maiden) but then my friend who had played drums a lot longer came and I wanted to start playing guitar. So I did and never looked back. It's not that fast but very complex in the end, IMO (the trooper that is).

He doesn't play the same kind of music as the rest of us. He plays like dimmu borgir and stuff.. It's sick
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

These forums aren't the kind of forums you should come to for musical advice, go here:

www.mxtabs.net
                        Ну вот...

Comment

kinda off the subject... i found out there's a new type of double-bass pedal that automatically does an additional strike for every time you release the pedal. so by just doing simple quarter-note bass strikes, you'll be doing eighth-note double-strikes. and there's also a pressure trigger that you can use to instantly "turn off" the auto-strikes on the fly.

i'm not sure what the pedal is called, but it sounds intriguing.

Comment

Yeah, in my scene (north louisiana) real drummers are hard to find. One of the coolest things i like about a band is when you can hear their drummer doing alot of expression...like, sometimes i hear a band and the first thing i think is "cool drummer".
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

that sounds cool, gerbz

yeah, jerome, i think that drummers in bands should get more attention, after all, they keep the music all together.

Comment

Working...
                              X