A little short story for yall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little short story for yall

Anyway, I'm sitting in front of a computer in the library, getting paid to do nothing, so to amuse myself, I will write a short story based on whatever comes to mind as I'm writing it.

here goes...

It felt like an endless night; one of those nights where you just wanted to escape. I was sitting in the bathroom on the toilet seat - a joint in one hand and a pen in the other. The paper was placed on the bar of the sink, I was writing. It felt like my only way to escape. Slowly getting higher, I could hear her, crying. Crying for no good reason. We had gotten into a fight. It was vicious, and there's no doubting that. It resulted in her screaming into my face, staring me straight in the eye. I never understood why she did that to me ; just over suspicion. She believed the morning, evening, and late night gossip. Taking it out of proportion every damn chance she got. I loved her - and it hurt me to see she believed such bullshit. Everytime, it would strike my heart, and what felt like, flow through my spine. I could never get used to such pain. The pain of being rejected. I quickly zoned out, trying to fill the hole she fucked in my heart with good thoughts and such. Complete denial drifted over all I've believed in, all I've loved, and all I've ever needed. I couldn't believe this. Again, on the night of our anniversary. I just couldn't take it anymore.

" NATE. Look at me! Look into my eyes! You don't understand how much you need to hear this. " .. I turned my head from the ground and slowly took in that beautiful image of her face. It was so elegant, such a priceless piece of perfection. Gently surrounded by bouncy black curls - the way they held her face was unexplainable. And, her eyes. My Lord, her eyes were an endless portal to heaven. The brightest blue I have ever seen in my life. They shined upon her like a halo. I loved her so much. Not just for her physical appearance, either. Any witness of her flawless personality would simply dip into a negativity free ocean of complete awe. I could no longer be mad at her. My heart, my soul .. it was forcing me to give in. I needed her with me - but I also needed to be free of such bullshit I was putting up with. I felt like crying, and I could feel that she knew. I hoped she knew. I leaned into the wall, crossing my arms over my chest. I felt the acidic feeling of tears flow to my eyes, she was still screaming. I gasped for air as I felt myself falling apart. My first reaction was to reach out and place my hands upon her cheeks. Just to caress them and look into her eyes, I couldn't think. I reacted too soon with nothing to say but shit for lyrics and tears streaming down my pale face.

" All my time is frozen motion, can't I stay an hour or two or more? Don't let me let you go .. " My voice was cracking, of course. And the tears didn't stop, but I saw the look on her face and I could tell she knew. I could tell she finally knew the truth. About me, about us. Our relationship. She fucking felt it - she felt my pain. She understood it for once.

" Don't .. touch me .. Just go away. " Her sweet, angelic voice slid into a tone of angst. My heart dropped, dropped like the ball on New years. Slow enough to hold me under a cloud of insecurity and pain, but quick enough to make me realize I've been living a lie. I felt the warmth of her hands cover mine. It felt so good. All I could ask was what I did wrong. I had to have fucked up somehow..

She squeezed - she couldn't have meant what she said if she squeezed, right?

It's been four months since that happened. I, now single, wasted my life and money on drugs. My happiness quickly turned to hate and to be quite honest, I didn't even know who I was anymore. I'd see Cecilia walking to the corner store with her ' new love ' every now and then. It pissed me off that she looked so happy. I felt like ripping his throat out. I just didn't because I wanted her to be happy, even though she left me for nothing. I think about it every night. It's a puzzle never to be solved. But, I had a goal. I was moving in a month, to get the fuck away from her and the guilt she held me under.

I was going to my friends house when I saw her for the last time. I seen her in an alley with, I think, Mauri. Her so-called best friend and boyfriend. I really don't know if that is his name, but I kept to myself. She was pushed up against the dumpster. It was raining, cold, and she was wearing barely nothing. I honestly didn't know what the hell was going on, so I kept walking, knowing if I went over there she'd bitch her head off. About four or five blocks down from the alley, I heard a loud pop, and footsteps - loud ones. As if someone was running. Of course, I could hear this, as unbelievable as it was, and I turned, worried about her. My walking pace picked up and despite how much I didn't want to see this, I did. There she was. Face first on the ground. Had she been shot? Or, was this a trap.. to get me killed. Paranoia set over me, and I looked around.

" Cecilia.. ? " Her hand twitched, as if she was trying to find the strength to lift up to me and give me confirmation of her life. I moved towards her, leaning over and nudging her shoulder with my palm. I couldn't believe this was happening. This was hell-- this was completely horrible.

(took me about 3 hrs to write this much)
    Last edited by Bioture; 01-23-2004, 12:42 AM.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

i realy want to read it but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Juice "Oh my god, when I encounter authority, they just give me more pills. I take the pills and then I'm not so... so anxious to be against authority because I'm... I'm... I'm on the pills."

Comment

too long, i read the first word and stopped

Comment

fuck those opinions, i liked it, its very emotional, nice work bio
        work it harder make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger more than ever hour after , our work is never over

Comment

I wish I had the same conviction as you to spend three hours writing. Some people would call it a waste of time. I call it a sweet release. Kudos.

Comment

Re: A little short story for yall

Originally posted by Bioture
            My heart dropped, dropped like the ball on New years.
            using a metaphor like that doesn't fit in with the story. When you think of new years and dropping the ball, you think of fun and happy times. It really killed the mood in the story. Perhaps using something like "My heart dropped- dropped like the world trade center." or "My heart sank- sank like the titanic". Get it?

Other wise, good writing. =P

Comment

Dropped like my balls on new years
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Re: Re: A little short story for yall

Originally posted by MaGi kOz
                using a metaphor like that doesn't fit in with the story. When you think of new years and dropping the ball, you think of fun and happy times. It really killed the mood in the story. Perhaps using something like "My heart dropped- dropped like the world trade center." or "My heart sank- sank like the titanic". Get it?

For starters, it is a simile not a metaphor. That is just me being a snob, though.Along with what magi said, you should probably consider phrasing it "My heart dropped like the .... " rather than repeating the word. You do this a few other places, as well.

"Slowly getting higher, I could hear her, crying. Crying for no good reason."
                "I could never get used to such pain. The pain of being rejected."

On a similar note, often times you can skip the summary of the description. For instance, "We had gotten into a fight. It was vicious, and there's no doubting that. It resulted in her screaming into my face, staring me straight in the eye." could be made into "We had gotten into a fight. She screamed into my face and stared me straight in the eye." Unless you expressely want the narrator to beleive that this fight was particularly vicious, don't have him say so. I think it is better to leave it out, as he doesn't show any other concerns about the violence of the fight.

There's a bunch of other things like this that need work, but I don't really feel like spending the time to go through the work again so all you get is vauge tips. So use concrete language, make sure the metaphor/simile is the one you are looking for. Swears are usually very boring metaphors. If you find that they are too in character to drop, change narrators. Try the third person close personal.

Lastly, develop your characters more. If all they do is fight, why hasn't he left before? What are the rumours? Are they true? Does she have any founding in truth? Why is she always so suspicious? Why does he say that she has a perfect personality? She seems just bitchy and needy to me. What guilt does she hold him under?
                The list goes on, as will with almost any work. It is very hard to write anything good in eight paragraphs, although I'm not saying it can't be done (William T. Vollman does it in one, but he cheats)

Good luck with your writing.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                  Dropped like my balls on new years
                  hahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

I agree with a lot of Verthanthi's comments, but I felt your character development wasn't as lacking as he felt. It would depend on whether this story is done as is, or if you wish to continue it, or maybe flesh out the ending a bit more. While Verthanthi's questions are good ones, I think a lot of them are better left unanswered, or at least, open for the reader. Take the question "why hasn't he left before?" for example. There are clues to suggest answers. Firstly, he's hiding in the bathroom after their fight. I think this places him as the weaker of the two in the relationship. Sure, she's the one doing the crying, but he's the one that's hiding and trying to escape through drugs and his writing. Even in the description of the fight, she's the one yelling at him. He takes it in, suffering from verbal and emotional wounds. He loves her too deeply, and he's too weak to be the one to end it. She tells him to go away. Even when they both knew it was over, she knew it first. Even when he figured it out, he sought signs of denial in her touch. You could provide more background to the rumours and other questions Verthanthi asked, but that would take away alot of the visceral narrative.

One thing I didn't like too much was the transition between the fight and scene months later. The change in the tension levels is too much, especially with the ending raising it again. Sure, you might want to loosen the tension a bit at that point, but by starting off with "it's been four months since that happened", the energy level disappears completely and you have to wind it back up again. You do in that next paragraph, but it isn't nearly enough, especially compared to the first part of the story. The overall effect is that the ending comes too quickly, as if you felt you needed it to end rather than because that's how the story should have moved.

Comment

I guess I agree with you, Troll. Not everything needs to be answered explicitly, but Bio should certainly know the answers.

Comment

Re: Re: A little short story for yall

Originally posted by MaGi kOz

I think you'll find it was a simile

~E
                        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                        ---A few minutes later---
                        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                        9:Kim> UM
                        9:Kim> i didn't
                        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: A little short story for yall

Originally posted by Ewan
                          I think you'll find it was a simile

~E

and i think you'll find somebody already corrected me, retard.

Comment

lol zeus bout time those thing dropped aint it?
                            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                            apt>yes u can wtf
                            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                            apt>na
                            apt>ill show you pictures
                            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Working...
                            X