No announcement yet.

Osama Virus Warning (and How To Rid It)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osama Virus Warning (and How To Rid It)

In AMERICA at least...theres this virus that has been spreading through the use of AIM. If you have it, then please read this to learn how to rid it.

I got sick of all 160 people msging me about a link. This is one of the first virus's I have caught in many years. I looked for a solution. Couldn't find one anywhere. I have figured out the solution to solve this piece of crap virus. Check it out...

Symptons of the Virus:
    Your AIM client (or other msging client) sends out a link to everyone on your buddylist UNDETECTED BY YOU that includes the link or something similar to:

check this out: http[colon]//www[dot]wgutv[dot]com/osama_capture.php?RLIP
    ^^^WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T CLICK ON IT!

It will ask for an autoinstall for some cheesy game. Okay, now that's settled..

Here is a procedure to fix this f***ing virus that IM'd a bunch of people I don't want to talk to.

FIRST, STOP THE DAMN VIRUS FROM HAPPENING! IT'S BEING RUN RIGHT NOW! If you have WINDOWS XP, its called BLENGINE.EXE . STOP THAT PROCESS RIGHT NOW!!! ITS MESSAGING EVERYONE! CTRL-ALT-DELETE and hop over to processes. Yeah, now it's stopped temporarily..

THEN, uninstall the damn thing. It won't fix anything but it will help clear out some of the registry and some files. To do this...

[Taken from "http://www.antivirus.vt.edu/alerts/osama.asp"]

Removal
    At this point, there is no official information on this virus. This virus installs a program that you can remove. To do this:

Click on 'Start'.
    Click 'Settings'.
    Click 'Control Panel'.
    Click 'Add or Remove Programs'.
    Select 'Buddylinks.net'.
    Click the 'Remove' button.
    Restart your computer.

This SUPPOSEDLY is the fix. But a few hours later, people msg'd me with, why do you keep sending this link to me. ANNOYANCES!

ThE NEXT STEP THAT NO ONE TELLS YOU IS...

GO TO MSCONFIG.

To do this, go to RUN and type in MSCONFIG . Then go to startup, locate that sonofa***** called BLENGINE.EXE and uncheck it. Now it won't be there when you restart your computer...

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!

Now lets get rid of that ****ing thing.

GO TO "C:\Program Files\Common Files\"

And ERASE "PSD Tools" and "BUDDYLINKS.NET" or OTHER SUSPICIOUS CRAP LIKE BL OR BL.COM or WHATEVER! THEY ARE ALL THE DEVIL! Well, make sure you know what you're deleting. PSD Tools and BUDDYLINKS.NET are definetly the devil tho.

NOW, THE LAST STEP... (God, what a pain in da @$$)

You need to go to REGEDIT now..

At this point, the virus has been spayed and neutered. But we must behead it and burn it alive!

Go to Regedit -> Current User -> Software -> BL [anything]

Unless you have a program installed in your computer, anything with the name starting with BL is under GREAT suspiscion...maybe because BUDDYLINKS.NET is the culprit behind this heinous virus. Make sure you kill dat sucka.

Now incase you forget..

Empty your recycle bin (for you NON SHIFT-DELETERS) and restart your comp.

Now your ex-girlfriend shouldn't IM you anymore asking about alamony.

DIE VIRUS DIE!!!
    1:Randedl> dude, if you ever spam out again during a game i'm benching you forever heh

5:Attila> then i sell windows vista and mac os's and stuff
    5:Attila> its good drinkin money :/
    5:crazi> u gonna be drinking cocks when they lock u up
    5:Crazy> cockmeat sandwiches
    5:Attila> :\
    5:crazi> dont forget the appetizer
    5:Crazy> jizz rag soup?
    5:crazi> Seasoned Grade A Meyer's Ranch 100% pure Cock with truffles and a light crab sauce
    5:Attila> u make it sound so yummy

ya some1 sent me that link, and he wasn't even on..(or maybe he just signed off really fast) but i dono, i clicked on it but didnt download anything, i just 'X'ed out of everything and that was the end of it...unless i have it and i dont know?

Comment

Cool, BAM <ER> got that virus, and I was like wtfz? Thank God she said not to click anything .
      DELETED

Comment

I first uninstalled the program ... then used adaware and spybot (after updating them first) and then uninstalled aim and reinstalled it. Also I used Windows update (i think some patch came up bout this specific problem). I think it's gone from my comp.

Comment

Yea I got 20 ims when I signed on today of the stupid link. Luckly I'm not retarded and didn't install anything.
          ()_()
          (0.o)
          (")(")

Comment

NOW, THE LAST STEP... (God, what a pain in da @$$)

You need to go to REGEDIT now..

At this point, the virus has been spayed and neutered. But we must behead it and burn it alive!
            haha
            --|-- Question #60 | Category: History
            --|-- Question: What husband wife team starred in "a turkey for the president"?
            --|-- Hint: Starts with 'Ron'
            ConCor> ronald reagan
            ConCor> ronal
            --|-- No one has given the correct answer of 'Ronald and Nancy Reagon'

Comment

In times like these, I'm glad MSN > AIM.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

AIM sucks. Or anything AOL for that matter.

Comment

i knew something was fishy, but my good friend sent it to me. So it was a trusted link...but unbeknowngest to me, (that can't be a word), yeah

So don't call me a dumb ass, cuz I am one. I willingly installed it haha cuz I thought my friend sent it to me. Whatever..it's gone.

When I got the virus/adware,

I firs tuninstalled it. a few hours later, people were like, its still msging me, so i was like wtf. I ran lavasoft adaware and it cleaned up my thing. Nothing about that spyware, then I ran Norton Antivirus with latest live update, nothing.

It still did shit. So I solved it myself in the end. That's why Im telling poeple cuz it was such a pain in the ass to remove.
                  1:Randedl> dude, if you ever spam out again during a game i'm benching you forever heh

5:Attila> then i sell windows vista and mac os's and stuff
                  5:Attila> its good drinkin money :/
                  5:crazi> u gonna be drinking cocks when they lock u up
                  5:Crazy> cockmeat sandwiches
                  5:Attila> :\
                  5:crazi> dont forget the appetizer
                  5:Crazy> jizz rag soup?
                  5:crazi> Seasoned Grade A Meyer's Ranch 100% pure Cock with truffles and a light crab sauce
                  5:Attila> u make it sound so yummy

Comment

I got a msg from a friend on AIM a few days ago. Msg said somthing like "hay check this out" and then a site that looked like the one you posted. I just had to run a full sysem recovery today, it was eather that or the fact that i pressed the sleep button on my computer twice and it just fucked it up. I've never herd of the sleep button doing that but....
                    Juice "Oh my god, when I encounter authority, they just give me more pills. I take the pills and then I'm not so... so anxious to be against authority because I'm... I'm... I'm on the pills."

Comment

It didn't strike me yeT! ^^;; thanks for the warning.
                      carpe diem

Comment

thanks crazn, your warning helped me out.. i signed on aim this morning cuz luke* begged me and two ppl sent me similar links, turns out they were infected

Comment

This should be stickied until the threat is over...
                          --|-- Question #60 | Category: History
                          --|-- Question: What husband wife team starred in "a turkey for the president"?
                          --|-- Hint: Starts with 'Ron'
                          ConCor> ronald reagan
                          ConCor> ronal
                          --|-- No one has given the correct answer of 'Ronald and Nancy Reagon'

Comment

i got it too, it was a dead-link though.
                            Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                              Cool, BAM <ER> got that virus, and I was like wtfz? Thank God she said not to click anything .
                              There is a god.
                              EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                              cool koen> :)
                              PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                              cool koen> not because of a bug
                              EvoLd> Lol
                              Treachery> meh
                              EvoLd> why then?
                              PubAceR> women in power dont last
                              EvoLd> LOl
                              toaster oven reviews

Comment