Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Bible Quotes! (Heavensent get up on this!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Bible Quotes! (Heavensent get up on this!)

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

-Ezekiel 25:17
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

gg pulp fiction
    gg cypress hill song
    what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Revelation 9: 7-10

The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces ressembled human faces. Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. They had tails stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.
      . â–²
      ▲ ▲

Comment

try this one on for size
        taken from the dea sea scrolls

It is true that all the peoples reject evil, yet it advances in all of them. It is true that truth is esteemed in the utterances of all the nations - yet is there any tongue or language that grasp it? What nation wants to be oppressed by another that is stronger? Or who wants his money to be stolen by a wicked man? Yet what nation is there that has not oppressed its neighbor? Where is the people that has not robbed the wealth of another ...
        what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
        http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected...

-Mark 8:31

Haven't you read this scripture:
          "The stone the builders rejected
          has become the cornerstone;
          the Lord has done this,
          and it is marvelous in our eyes?"

-Mark 12:10-11

Comment

I'm sure some of you have read this, but it's good.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/hank.php
            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
            i just wish it was longer
            Originally posted by Cops
            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Thats one of the greatest things i've ever read... completly describes my feels towards religion
              Are you making progress if each mistake u make is a new one?

NiceShot>I hate everyone.

If looks could kill my profession would be staring.

Comment

Sorry to jack bio's thread and reply to a spam/troll, but what can you do?

The point of Christianity is not following rules. A religion that is only a set of rules to follow to appease a god or "ass kiss" is a very shallow religion. The rules of SS (no tking, no spawning, no spamming) are not so that we can all kiss dock> and priitk's ass. Some rules are hard-and-fast, some rules are guidelines. But if ALL you're doing is following the rules, you're missing out on the game!

As for the validity of the Bible (letter from Hank, dictated to Karl), Jesus was a man that walked on the Earth. This is a fact that can be confirmed by eyewitnesses. As a comparason, we have no handwritten letters from Caesar. The oldest copy of his books The Gallic Wars are dated 1000 years after he died and there are only 10 copies. Yet no one disputes that the wars did happen and Ceasar was a real man.

We have copies of the New Testament as recent as 50 years after Jesus' death. There exists thousands of copies and tens of thousands of translations. 50 years after his death is a short enough time that some eye witnesses to the events must have been alive and would be able to verify the written texts.

There are many people (God included) that we don't have handwritten, personally signed letters from (when was the last time you got a letter from the Queen of England, Jay Leno, or Abe Lincoln?) but yet we have no problems believing they exist or did exist.

Some info from: http://www.frontline.to/resources/te.../davinci_3.pdf (bottom page 2)

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot
                  There are many people (God included) that we don't have handwritten, personally signed letters from (when was the last time you got a letter from the Queen of England, Jay Leno, or Abe Lincoln?) but yet we have no problems believing they exist or did exist.

I don't really want to be involved in the bible argument, but I just want to point out how ridiculous this argument is.

first, jay leno and the queen of england, we've all seen on tv, so unless there's a government conspiracy to make us think they exist, they do. and even if there is a conspiracy, they still exist, just not in human form.

As for abe.. it's easy to believe that he existed because we've all seen pictures, and heard about things he did. Now you say "but you could say the same about jesus". Point well taken, but now tell me that abe lincoln was the son of god... I still believe that he existed, I just think you're a fucking loon.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Let's just put that particular argument on hold for 2000 years and THEN make that comparison.

Or how about we take a look at other figures from at least that time, like a contemporary Caesar, or maybe earlier to Socrates. Heck, some people still have a hard time believing in Shakespeare, and he's only been a historical figure for 400 years or so. Actually, Ol' Billy Shakes might be the best example; some people find it hard to believe that he was even literate, much less the most celebrated playwright in the English language. Some people have less trouble believing that Jesus walked on water than they do that Shakespeare even knew the difference between a woman and a summer's day.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                      between a woman and a summer's day.

are you talking about feminine hygiene?
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

as much as i'd love to go back and forth with geekbot , it's pointless, not to mention annoying for the others...so i'll keep my mouth shut.

gosh, there are so many great bible quotes, but i think my favorite has to be Matthew 10:34. it's my favorite because it's the one all the crazy violent christians use to justify their actions.

Matthew 10:34---Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                        this is a favorite of abortion clinic bombers, gay bashers, and other extreme losers who think they can commit assault and murder because jesus told them it was all good.

gg, christian terrorists, for giving palestinian terrorists a run for their money. however, u have to admit that the palestinian terrorists totally pwn the christian ones. the jesus bombs are detonated with timers and remote devices, so they look like pussies compared to Hamas or Hezbollah.

Comment

Why does jesus have a Spanish name?

EDIT: Was jesus a jewish name at that time?
                          Last edited by GoldenPlums; 02-17-2004, 06:46 PM.

Comment

His parents must have been Spanish Jews living in Israel then.

Comment

hayzeus
                              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Working...
                              X