help making banners please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help making banners please?

im sure this has been asked a million times before, so i ran a search on how to make a banner. the results didn't satisfy my needs, so here i am.

i know how to make a regular banner using the "create/edit baner" button, but i was wondering how to make banners using ms paint (if possible). i know it can be done, cuz i've seen banners with animals and such, so do any of you helpful people out there know which program i would use AND HOW to create a custom banner using a ms paint-style prog?

thank you for your help.

Not really any different, same amount of pixels or else the size would be too big.

Simplest way if u still wanta use paint:

1) Use a pre-existing banner and open it using ms paint

2) use that size as a guideline

3) delete the pre-existing colours

4) Zoom in and view grid

5) Knock urself out

If u need, i can make great banners.
    Last edited by Vantage; 02-16-2004, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Is it still only 256 colors? That gets really annoying

I also noticed some banners had a different color spectrum than others... sorta strange
      hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
      !

Comment

Well you can save .bmp files to 24bits, but continuum will detect them as 8bits(256 colors) bitmaps i think
        A little bit of Trench Wars in your life
        BasingCrew
        .com
        My space

Comment

thanks everyone for the help, 'specially vantage.

i didn't realize the limitations of banner graphics. i thought i had seen some with curved lines and such, but i guess the artwork was just well done.

Comment

np, curved lines are just an illusion.

Nothing is really curved - a circle is just a polygon with sides -> infinity.

Anyways, shading works the same - using colours to give the effect.

Comment

Working...
            X