Stayin' in one firing spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stayin' in one firing spot

Hey, I'm just curious to know if it's possible to hold the follow position. Look at the image to see what I'm talking about. You align up with a certain point on that back brick, and you can fire through the slit, down the entrance, and into the middle area. Obviously, I sort of float away from the spot as I stay there, and it varies between a few seconds and a little less than a minute. My only question is if it is possible to "stick" to that one spot without floating off and having to move back and re-align again. I did it once earlier today randomly, like I could sit there and camp all I wanted. Strangely enough, I can't do it again. I appreciate any response and/or help. Thank you for reading.

No one can kill me and Buja X do it all the time. I'm not sure how or if they have to readjust sometimes, but it sure looks like they can do it forever once they get it set up right.
    sdg

Comment

They keep readjusting themselves. It is impossible to get perfectly because you need to backthrust towards wall, but it won't be a straight line shot, so therefore you will slowly move towards the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggravate
        They keep readjusting themselves. It is impossible to get perfectly because you need to backthrust towards wall, but it won't be a straight line shot, so therefore you will slowly move towards the left.
        It is possible, just very hard. Talon mastered that shot.
        this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
        (:3=

Comment

yeah, Talon would be the one to goto about that shot, if you can get him to talk.
          DELETED

Comment

It isn't possible to not have to readjust. You back up towards either wall to set the shot up, so you will always be moving slightly forward. Even if it looks like they are stationary, they aren't.
            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

I just remembered 1 way to do this (not the best way). Attach to a terr and get the correct spot by firing. Let the terr lay a portal. Go to a safe and stop (ctrl). With the wb attach to the terr, warp to the spot and detach. Voila!
              this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
              (:3=

Comment

It's not possible (I think) to lose all your momentum in tw, so even if you appear to be stationary you are still moving slowly, one pixel every whatever seconds. The trick is to get your momentum as low as possible. If you back-up against a wall and take you foot off reverse you will float away fairly quickly. But you can "stick" against a wall, at least in warbird, if you time firing with taking your foot off reverse. The recoil from firing counteracts the tendency to float away and if you do it right you can stay there for a while before getting out of position. I'm crap at this but some people do it really well.

Comment

Any play where you rely on sitting in the same spot and firing again and again is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                    Any play where you rely on sitting in the same spot and firing again and again is overrated.
                    Very true.

Comment

Not possible.
                      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                      i just wish it was longer
                      Originally posted by Cops
                      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                        Very untrue, kill by any means possible with the one exception being team kills.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenPlums
                          It's not possible (I think) to lose all your momentum in tw
                          I've got my ship to remain in the exact same spot for a couple mins, I'm almost sure of it. Even if it doesn't mean I lost all momentum, I got super close.

edit: going to check
                          edit2: ARGLKs I was so sure of this.... not working.
                          Last edited by Vitron; 03-20-2004, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I've just looked at my tea leaves - I see another moronic and off-topic forum argument about to take place.

EDIT: not you Vitron.
                            Last edited by GoldenPlums; 03-20-2004, 10:15 PM.

Comment

GoldenPlum, you're an idiot.

If talking about a way people get kills in a trench wars in trench wars forum is off-topic , then what the hell is this forum supposed to be about?

Comment

Working...
                              X