Language variation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language variation

As Trench Wars' population expands, obviously so does the variation of different cultures in where people come from to play. Many of the new games that are put on market nowadays are capable of inputing characters from all sorts of languages, from chinese to korean to indian. I was just wondering, if it was possible that the game is capable of creating somesort of patch where people can download and be able to input all sorts of characters into the windowed textbar. Just an idea, since our subspace community is progressing rather quickly, I just thought it to be appropriate to accomodate varying languages.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

I'm currently using an IME to type chinese text. I tested it on Continuum, it doesn't work :/

Comment

I think thats a good idea. But...I dont think its very feasible, could be wrong though
      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
      3:Best> see it coming
      3:Best> sad

Comment

££££££££££££££££££££££££££
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

We need the pound sign !
          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
          cool koen> :)
          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
          cool koen> not because of a bug
          EvoLd> Lol
          Treachery> meh
          EvoLd> why then?
          PubAceR> women in power dont last
          EvoLd> LOl
          toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
            ££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Comment

And for people who don't have a euro keyboard, we can't use the accented letters, so that would be a nice addition too, alongside Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.

Comment

hähä, I äm s€xy. Sö is my üncl€

ßßßßßßßßßßßßßß wtf
                YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
                Click here to receive your price!

Comment

From whatsnew.txt with Cont 0.37+
                  * added international character support (öäõü etc - also ZippyDan)
                  This change was in the graphics with fontf.bm2 at end.

It doesn't seem impossible, but I'm assuming chat is in ascii format now. I'm sure that modern internet connections would barely lag with chat packets twice as large, but some players are on still on AOL.
                  Last edited by Kyace; 03-24-2004, 01:58 PM.
                  People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

It'd be great if everyone can get such a patch downloaded to their computers, but if not, it should be made as an optional download. So if you don't download it, the character would either come out blank or as some weird random character map symbol.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Unfortunately, knowing lots of the protocol behind Continuum, implementing such a thing would be no easy task. Someone would actually have to go in and rewire both the client and the server to accept unicode (which is longer in bit length per character) than ascii (which is shorter than unicode). This includes reengineering the entire protocol. The new protocol would be incompatible with the old protocol, and the server would have to have a compatibility layer with the former protocol to support older clients. Not only that, but every time the protocol gets reworked there are bugs to be found and squashed...

It would be a major, major pain in the ass. Too much work for too little benefit.

PriitK is all about effort cost vs. benefit. If PrittK finds some feature that would take too much work to implement for too little benefit, he doesn't implement it. This is one of them.
                      TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
                      qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
                      3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

This is a foolish endeavor. Anybody who can't speak English shouldn't be allowed to play Subspace. Or use the bathroom.

I'm not suggesting we build separate bathrooms for them. They should just crap in the streets.

Comment

Can we get an Egyptian Hyroglyphic translator embedded into SS as well? OH please please please can we, huh huh!?

..if you can't speak English, you would be hard pressed to even be able to download SS let alone play it. Let's be reasonable.
                          Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                          1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

That never stopped Jebu, and it shouldn't stop you!
                            Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo
                              That never stopped Jebu, and it shouldn't stop you!
                              lol
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X