Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System ANTI-ABUSER against people who sub for no reason

(made for ?go base)

Today i got speced by a stupid cap (i wont say his name) because i said "usefull" after a tk from him.. and he was cap..

Some cap abuse, and i'm not the first victim

Here is my system

To sub someone, the cap need the aprobation of the bot. If the bot doesnt accept, a message will say : "You don't have the permission to sub this person". If a cap want to abuse and spec someone because he doesnt like him, he can't because he doesnt have the permission. If someone laggout, the bot give automaticly the permission to sub this person. It also works if someone leave during a game cuz it's like a laggout. So if someone want to be subbed and leave, the bot give the permission. If he wants to be subbed but stay on the arena, he has to pm the bot with : !subme (example). After this, the bot give the permission and the captain can sub him. NOW, if someone give trouble to the team, tk, etc.. the captain need to do the function !votekick on the bot. After, if more than 50% of the team accept by pming the bot with !yes, the bot automaticly spec this person and the cap can sub him with someone else. This system is very popular on Unreal Tournament or any FPS (first person shooter). I think it's a good system and not so hard to code.

EDIT : If someone is AFK, the bot give the permission to sub him after 15 seconds of inactivity. How? the bot take all the coord of everyone when we warp at the begening, if someone is at the same coord after 15 seconds, the bot give the permission to sub him.

EDIT2 : If someone just sucks.. like a bad ter but not his fault, the captain can simply use !change or !switch to change his ship.

EDIT3 : We can also add the function !kickcap .. if 6 players on 8 accept to change the captain by pming the bot with !kickcap, the bot randomly set a new captain.

Habitually, when we sub someone, it's because this person left or something. On this case, my system give automaticly the permission to sub him. Where there is a change, it's if someone is currently playing and the cap want to sub him.. he needs a permission.. if it's not by the player (with !subme).. he needs to call the function !votekick

What do you think?

Thanx,
    Arobas
    Last edited by Arobas+; 04-22-2004, 11:47 PM.
    TW Bot Developer
    TW Web Developer
    Friends> All I saw was arobas+
    Friends> It's like death

sounds good but what if a team is losing because of a terrible terr for example and the guy who is terring wants to just practice but in the mean time he is just making his team lose and no one else is enjoying the game simply because of his stupidity.

a stupid player like that is as bad as a stupid captain.

Comment

habitually when i play.. i play to win.. even if it's a practise.. if the entire team hate their ter.. well i dont see why we should let him play as ter.. there is a function called !change :P just change his ship for something else or use !switch

TW Bot Developer
      TW Web Developer
      Friends> It's like death

Comment

And what do you do if someone on your team is AFK?
        sdg

Comment

habitually.. cap ask everyone before !ready ... and the bot can easily see the inactity of someone.. if someone doesnt move after 15 second after the launch.. the bot give the permission to sub him.. thats it if the bot can check the position of someone.. the bot just has to take all the coord (by pixel) and if someone is still at the same coord after 15 seconds.. the bot give the permission to sub him.

another question?
          TW Bot Developer
          TW Web Developer
          Friends> It's like death

Comment

At first i was going to say same coord...much if nto all of fr is the same coord...but if the bot can do it by pixels...could work...take a bit of work though

Comment

It sounds like it's too much effort for not enough gain... If you get specced by a stupid cap, cuss him out and be satisfied that you're (morally/intellectually) better than him :P. Shrug.

Comment

I don't see what the point of this is. The captain picked you, so they should be able to sub you if they feel the need to. All this does is make things more complicated than they have to be.
                sdg

Comment

A lot of work? i dont think so.. im a programmer and i dont see a lot of work :P well.. sure maybe 4-5 hours.. but thats it anyway.. i like the justice
                  TW Bot Developer
                  TW Web Developer
                  Friends> It's like death

Comment

Stabwound.. fuck you ARE the one who specced me because i said something.. 1 FUCKING WORD and you specced me.. i mean.. man you have the power to put someone cap.. and after you abuse? no one is mature as i see... not my fault if you can't assume a bad shot and a critic

im doing this system for you and for everyone who abuse
                    TW Bot Developer
                    TW Web Developer
                    Friends> It's like death

Comment

I wanted to sub a certain person in and you gave me the first oppertunity. It was nothing personal. You were also PMing me asking to jav and annoying me; don't give me that one word bullshit.
                      sdg

Comment

Nice thinking work but I really don't see why we would have to introduce that in ?go base
                        I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Bias exists everywhere, its human nature. Not that i'm saying its a bad idea at all aro, it's obviously making the game more fair for everyone to enjoy in ?go base, but it may just be too much work, especially with TWL around the corner, and people haven't gotten off of the staff's back on that yet.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

If i am cap and people pm me , chances are i wont put them in.
                            King Baba> You scare me with your online wisdom.

Comment

agreed

Originally posted by sexy wooden spoon
                              If i am cap and people pm me , chances are i wont put them in.

I agree with sexy wooden spoon!
                              People who pm to get in, are (most of the time) ignored
                              only if it's nokkonen or fireballz to ask for wb
                              pjotter for jav
                              and cuji for terr

Comment

Working...
                              X