System ANTI-ABUSER against people who sub for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a better, less incumbent on staff solution:

Next time, you get cap, instead of Stabwound.
    Then you don't pick him at all.
    I bet you'll frustrate him to the point where he'll come to the forum, and make a thread suggesting a convoluted and un-necessary system, which relies on mass voting, a gerbil in Denmark, and a bicycle tire in Houston, Texas, in order to finish a single game of basing. That way we can all be caught up in everything else, instead of simply enjoying the fucking game.

In other words... shrug.. wait for the next game, try and get cap, or ask to play for someone, and stop worrying so damn much about it.
    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

If the cap deems that you saying something negative ant it is putting down the team. He has every right to sub you, he is cap.

Comment

stab has a new avatar
        Code:
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
        1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
        1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
        1:lnx> kk
        1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

One thing about the bot checking their coords for inactivity: What if they're repped?

~Ewan
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I dont think its feasible, too many ifs and variations, but if you tell me the name of the cap whos doing it I will be sure to write his/her name down and never make him/her captain again. Oh and dont say his/her name on here, pm me ingame.
            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
            3:Best> see it coming
            3:Best> sad

Comment

HE already said who it was, Reaver

Comment

This is the stupidest idea ever proposed on Trench Wars forums. If someone is annoying, I'm subbing them, if someone sucks, I'm subbing them, if someone is Arobas+, I'm subbing them. Caps can play whomever they want.
                Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

I have enough trouble figuring out the commands in the middle of a game as it is...

What might be useful is partial command completion like it does with the pilot names...so you typed !setcap or !set it would do a !setcaptain. I'm slow.

Comment

People who talk shit to their team should be subbed, it brings down morale and it's annoying. As soon as the shit talk starts, you know for sure that your team isn't going to win.

This idea sucks and I would refuse to captain if it got put in.
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I like pallies you all sucks (only a few sucks like Mattey, bloodzombie, hellzno, project) the rest has my respect.. since i got axed you are all against me.. anyway it's your problem.. continue to diss me i like

well i know it's a big system.. maybe useless for some, but to be subbed because i say "usefull".. it pissed me off..

and btw.. mattey can you be more constructive just for one moment?
                      Last edited by Arobas+; 04-23-2004, 02:52 PM.
                      TW Bot Developer
                      TW Web Developer
                      Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                      Friends> It's like death

Comment

I had forgotten that we axed you, so that's not the reason I'm against you. The real reason is that your idea isn't very good. It would take a lot of work and make ?go base worse.

If that's really the only thing you said, then subbing you seems harsh (not that what you said isn't annoying), but in all my games I have never seen someone subbed that didn't deserve it. so to create a whole new system because someone didn't like you one time is kinda dumb.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

yah i know.. you're right.. but anyway i thought it was a good idea but now when i think about it.. no it's not a good idea

i just got a bad game.. not lucky

<3
                          TW Bot Developer
                          TW Web Developer
                          Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                          Friends> It's like death

Comment

agreed

Originally posted by Mattey
                            This is the stupidest idea ever proposed on Trench Wars forums. If someone is annoying, I'm subbing them, if someone sucks, I'm subbing them, if someone is Arobas+, I'm subbing them. Caps can play whomever they want.
                            I so agree with mattey, caps play with the players they pick, if you're not picked, bad luck, better next time.... spamming=subbed, sucks=NOT subbed, let the people atleast try to play a game, they usually do their best...

Comment

this would be good idea for pure pub so if there is ship limits ejc so that way players could change bad ter ejc. but for ?go base it would be bad because sometimes quick shipchanges needed in 15-30min game.
                              www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Sounds like a whole lot of trouble for little gain
                                The ones who pick captains in the beginning pick somewhat "respectable" players as caps and those who can't be captain properly aren't capped again for a while. Has worked well so far, usually.
                                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                                5: Da1andonly> =((
                                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                                X