This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your First Squad

I was bored outta my mind and decided to start up this topic which could be somewhat interesting ... or at least a little entertaining to read when your bored like me. (Which I'm sure is quite often)

Tell us what the FIRST squad you were ever apart of since entering TW was and the experience(s) you had joining them... oh also what name you were using, just put "Same" if you've had your name ever since.

Original Handle: Dy Nasty

* Name I used when I joined: Sir Titan (yes I changed my name to match the squad I joined, I was a nerdy little kid) (Memories of Wolvencreed anyone?)

Current Handle: Dynasty

Squad: Team Titan

Experience: I vaguely remember first coming to TW, flew around... tried to get accustomed to the settings.. getting pwned in pub by all these spiders an' such.. after weeks and/or months of getting smacked around.. decided to try and join a squad.. tried out for Paragons .. leader's name was DragonElite (I think) .. he pwned me like 3-10 then he proceeded to shoo me away because I sucked .. tried to ask a few more squads.. finally some pub squad called Team Titan let me join .. I think the leader's name was ..uh.. Tseng or Tsueg .. or something.. I think they were in some Base league that I had no clue existed .. they benched me for 2 Base matches.. and then they dissolved .. .. I think this was around the time when those uber vets in TW Elites were still around... 'course I didn't know such a squad existed .. not that it would have mattered anywayz..

* - You can omit this one if you didn't do something stupid like that.

PS. .. there's more but then I'd be contradicting myself by telling you about more than just my FIRST squad's experience(s).
    Last edited by Dynasty; 05-11-2004, 12:08 AM.
    :fear:

TWLD Season 11 Champion ~ Stray
    TWLD Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
    TWLJ Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
    TWLJ Season 5 Champion ~ Elusive
    TWL Season 4 Champion ~ Siege
    TWL Season 3 Champion ~ Siege

TWEL Season 1 Winner
    TWD Season 1 Winner ~ Elusive

My first Tw squad was *HiGh AnXiEtY* under the nickname Bismarck1987. The experiences i had....Well its the same mostly for all people on their first squad...Except it was run by a 4 year vet of tw(who didnt play much so wasnt all that good)....and i was given capt position on it after 2 weeks =/

what an introductory into twd eh? Trying to run a squad that is dieing because noone will dd you so your best leave you for a more active squad, so youre CONSTANTLY doing tryouts to replace them, and you manage it for 2 months before youve had enough of it and decide - It waint worth it. =p

Tehres my first experience

Comment

Handle: Stabwound

Squad: FMM

I didn't join my first squad for almost 3/4 of a year after I started. I didn't want to join any old squad; I wanted a TWD squad. My first squad was FMM, which I joined in November 2002 and was lead by Nimrook (AKA Gundam-Heavyarms) at the time. I am pretty hazy on this, but I believe I was recruited by Gundam after I started playing in #mythrandir. I did a few DD games with them, but I was always a baser and I was playing shark even in my first BD games back then. A few of my squadmates on Spastic were actually my squaddies on FMM, like shyne4178 (Jamal), don't try to resist, megaman89, etc.

I distinctly remember the day I left the squad, we were in a TWBD game and DTTR wanted to try his hand at terrier for the first time. He wasn't doing so well, and we eventually ended up with him using all of the changes/switches and he used the last change on himself, which meant we had no terr and nothing we could do about it. Then he just turned the game off out of embarassment or something. After that I was so mad that I just left the squad. Pretty stupid reason.
      sdg

Comment

first TW squad was: Dependency
        nickname: blue goat

I joined it in early 1999, K.R. recruited me outta pub... the name blue goat is mad lame but since he recruited me on it, i just kept it for a while. I made it as a joke one day cuz i was pubbing with this dude named Grey Frog or some shit..so i was like brb, and thats the origin of blue goat ahaha.
        I was on Dependency for 2 1/2 years.. i think we played 2 or 3 twl seasons. Just about everyone on it is like over 20 years old..at least the original members are, so none of them play too much anymore...i used to take like random 10 month breaks, we were mad inactive... but pretty good.

some of the squads we played in leagues back then (not counting brits, paladen, final etc): pickle's army, tw elites, -fierce-, frakture, paralexus, prophacy, wartime, babylon, tw 420, final fury...
        i got these from the dependency website, http://members.shaw.ca/kr7/index2.html go check that out..k.r. still updates it sometimes, and its got old tw news from 1999 till now..mad old school

Comment

Don't think i joined a squad with my first name...

But the first squad i remember is Artificial Elements or Elemental or Elements .... or somthing.

Comment

First Squad: UFO
            Name I used when I joined: Creed3
            Current Handle: Cops
            Current Squad: Tanked

Experience: It was a great way to start playing subspace, My brother's Izis (Kolar) and Ender were on the squad so they got me on. Actually before I got on UFO I use to say how muhc this game was pointless and how there's no point to it but that was four years ago and I was roughly 12-13. I wasn't able to look past the fact that something could be fun and not have a meaning. The guys on the squad were great. I got to play in TWL it was during season 4 or 5, not too sure but it was hella fun and basing back then, woah it was a bad trip after having no sleep on a monday morning. FieryFire spent a good couple of hours showing me some angles in a private arena so I could do okay in public when I used the jav.

About two years ago I decided to start playing again when I started grade 9. I went out and bought a p2 200 mzh the basic requirements for Ultima Online and so it turned out my investment was worthless because I couldn't play UO on it. I took up the name All Filler and just started playing elim a lot, I met some nice people who were willing to help me out and give me a name. Good stuff just started happening. I tried my best to hold onto UFO but the people in the squad at the time weren't concerned with the way the squad looked or how we did, this was because half of the squad formed the squad Disoblige.
            Last edited by Cops; 05-11-2004, 01:12 AM.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Hmmm my first Trench Wars squad...

I was using the name Incognito for fun (but everyone thought I was some guy named Incognito_) as I wanted to use a different name in TW for the hell of it. Was laming around in pub when suddenly some guy by the name of Lich Overlord comes up to me asking if I wanted to join his squad.

Well laughing at the newbieness of Trench Wars and the likely newbieness of that squad I decided what the hell I have some time to kill.

So first he challenged me to a duel. I won 2-1 or something, my first tw duel. Then I had to duel some random guy on the squad to 3, and he won 3-1. But it was okay cause they were so desperate for players I kept going. My last task was to go 10-0 in pub. Well I went 5-0, died, 2-0, died and so on. Never quite got to 10-0 but it was alright they let me on anyway.

By this time I was almost falling out of my chair laughing. Keep in mind that at the time I had already played 2 1/2 years of SVS Pro League where the recruiting standards were roughly the same as the best TW squads now. Having to duel and go 10-0 in pub to join a squad was hilarious.

Needless to say they let me join this squad called High Mage. They even made me play elim for the first time and I never looked back to pub again. Then 2 weeks later I quit when I was invited to join OBSiDEON (with DoCk, PriitK and Arilou all on it:P). I also changed my name back to Epinephrine.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

VERY VERY VERY First Squad that meant nothing much cause I was uber newb: Hokuten Knights
                Name Used: Dark.Angell

First "real" squad: Squad^X
                Name Used: Dameon Angell

We were playing back in the day, before TWD, back when squads dueled in private arenas. Wow, those were the days. I remember Machine of God was the leader.... or something of Luftwaffen. We fought -Darkside- and Wolvencreed alot in warbird duels. Good times. If I didn't join them, then, I probably wouldn't be playing this game today.
                DELETED

Comment

you were creed3? didn't even mention lag jedis. . .

anywho, weaver (then starweaver) showed me the game once upon a time. a day or two after mucking around i was asked to join this fun pub squad called Squad! The leader was a guy named Stray Bullet whom i later learned was the alias of a guy named children of light. the first guy i knew in the game was a guy who kicked the shit out of zombies every time i saw it played, he turned into gurumeditation and i quickly had him recruited to our elite group of warbirds.

so squad! dissolved, but there was this chain of squads run by people who were on it. silentecho (orty), psions (2dragons) and real (rule) being the ones i remember.

and to think, we all started out on the same "squad!"
                  Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                  Philos> there is something about you
                  Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

First name: Tie My Shu
                    Squad: FMM

i miss dogeggs.
                    LA

Comment

I started playing tw actively sometime 2000. I remember having constant ploss in pro league for few months which made playing there impossible. Back then the servers were in Finland so I didn't have ploss there and I decided to see what this newbie zone, where epinephrine spent his time, was all about.

Started playing in elim straight. First few games with Vihtahousu. Then I used Sir Vihta for a while (around 100 hours). Decided that it was too damn gay and switched to just vihta. After around a month I almost joined to Wildfire. I remember dueling zippi! and jebu (winning them both). They were still hesitant so it didnt happen. Then someone made a squad called Spongebob that I joined thinking "why not?". The next day Disqualifier asked me to join -FINAL- saying I was very good for a newbie (I kept tooling him in elim).

-FINAL- at that time was in its death throws and Wildfire came asking me to join again. I dueled Blood Axe twice and beat him twice by 10-8 or something very close like that (yes I am 2-0 vs blood in duels $$). I didnt wanna leave -FINAL- right away thou and after a short while Blood went to Siege and -FINAL- merged with Sention's squad (can't remember the name, but the anti-merge people from that squad made Digressed if I remember correctly). Stayed in -FINAL- until it dissolved in spring 2002 due to everyone being or going to the army.
                      TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                      TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                      TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                      TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

First name: Rockafella Method
                        First Squad: N_I_P_S

I played under the name Yield and Astro Job (such stupid names, god bless them) for 2 years in Chaos West. Quit subspace for 4 years, came back in January of 2001 and joined TW because it had the most people. Played under the name Rockafella Method until May of 2001. Then I was Pearl Jam. Joined Pallies that following October. Been ass-pumping gay ever since.
                        PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Name: sexy wooden spoon

1st Squad: Wingmasters
                          Recruiter: Molle

1st dd squad: MADBAS
                          Recruiter: jutshitme/Dixy

I thought i was good cos i had the shield $
                          King Baba> You scare me with your online wisdom.

Comment

First name: falseman
                            First squad: EliteWingz (the original incarnation founded by Golden-Knight)

I honestly forget when the hell I was on EliteWingz. In early 1999 I started using the nick syc0tik. I got on Zero Hour and was on it through seasons one and two of TWLD. (Come back Misterio! !!!) After that, the next thing I remember is co-capping a squad called Antithesis with Annul for a little while. He abandoned the squad (surprise surprise) and I ended up taking over with Luckily Yours when we merged Antithesis with his squad, LusiadaS. My next big thing was Cripples. I was a Crip for about three, maybe three and a half years straight. I'll always remember that squad and the guys on it for showing me the best times I've ever had in the game. It was also during this time that I started using the nick Jason. Once Cripples fell apart, (miss you Lou) I bounced around and around, and I'm still bouncing around. It's damn hard to find a squad these days with a fun attitude, a suave personality and a more carefree approach to competitiveness (which is what I'm looking for in a squad). Right now I'm settled in with the whiterabbits. They're some pretty cool cats, and I feel at home.

I guess that about wraps it up. I'm sure there are gaping holes in the history I've posted. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. There's no way I'm going to accurately recall over seven years of spaceship game escapades.

Anyway, yeah. The end.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Original Nick: Buja_X
                              Original Squad: Dependency

Most of my real life friends (K.R., Nessy, Freekin' Idiot, Snatcher) played this crappy little 2d spaceship game and that time I thought it just plain sucked ass. Then I tried it out and got addicted. I then joined Dependency which i stayed for a while till it died, then I was running around in pub and then POiD recruited me to Melee and then after a year and a bit, I begged Grapevine to let me join and they did.
                              HEATHA> i smell like ass

Comment

Working...
                              X