TWSites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWSites

If DoCk> made TWSites less TWish he could open hosting up to people outside the game. For example: the account types are "Newbie," "Veteran," etc...

That kind of thing would seem ridiculous to someone looking for a serious hosting service. If you're going to use webhosting as a way to make money for the server, why not divorce the hosting service from its reason for existence?

I'm sure DoCk> already realizes this. If it were opened to non-spaceship-flying customers, obviously that would be an opportunity for more revenue. Maybe there's a reason why TWSites is so hopelessly shackled to this game that DoCk> isn't telling us.

P.S. I'm not dissing TWSites. The service is great. I commend DoCk> on the great job he's been doing so far. It could use a little more marketing, though...
    END MESSAGE

Originally posted by Profound Magician
    I'm sure DoCk> already realizes this. If it were opened to non-spaceship-flying customers, obviously that would be an opportunity for more revenue. Maybe there's a reason why TWSites is so hopelessly shackled to this game that DoCk> isn't telling us.
    Already realized. However, even if I change a few things about the site, I wouldn't have an audience to advertise it to. Do you know anyone who is willing to advertise for TWSites? I'd certainly like to hear about it.

Honestly, I would prefer starting up an affiliate program, or perhaps selling more reseller accounts.

Oh yeah, a big server upgrade is coming soon. I can't wait. My loins are quivering in anticipation. I'm such a geek.
    TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
    qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
    3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

Probably sounds stupid and very much on a small scale but it might make an effect:

'I was think about popularity of twsites one day. the problem is that you can only get so many people to use the service inside the game but if it was more open, beyond the player base of Continuum it could bring the service up to and maybe beyond the needs (Hell, we could put DoCk> through University!!!). If the players had some Twsites.com posters to print off they could hang them around their schools/work and anywhere else.'

Comment

I would say, market to other client based server games. Like FPS games, such as Counter Strike, Call of Duty, Unreal 2004. Rent out servers. or is that not consieveable?
        DELETED

Comment

Keep TWSites as it is and market it to ss players. Make a new site, call it something else, and aim it at everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by DoCk>
            Already realized. However, even if I change a few things about the site, I wouldn't have an audience to advertise it to. Do you know anyone who is willing to advertise for TWSites? I'd certainly like to hear about it.
            I'm prepared to have a TW sites banner across my twzone page, although you'd have to remove every reference to newbie, veteran, etc etc otherwise my friends might stop talking to me if they see I play this game
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

If someone can make up an advertisement flyer or poster, I'd be glad to stick a few up on the noticeboards on my university campus. There's 45,000 students/staff there and a shitload of noticeboards, so that's a good lot of potential customers.

Comment

Anyone look for internet hosting is going to look on the internet, not a student notice board
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

There's plenty of Internet service related flyers on the noticeboards. It's unlikey that anyone will look at TWSites without having seen an ad for it somewhere. Noticeboards are free, ads on high traffic websites are usually not.

Comment

Originally posted by DoCk>

Honestly, I would prefer starting up an affiliate program, or perhaps selling more reseller accounts.

Oh yeah, a big server upgrade is coming soon. I can't wait. My loins are quivering in anticipation. I'm such a geek.

o.O update?? what kind of update??? anything good?
                    Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Yeah, marketing to other online gamers would be an awesome idea. That way you're not entering into the general webhosting market (which is HUUUGE and tough to compete in), but you still open yourself up to customers.

As for advertising... try Google's Adwords perhaps? There are also the major subspace sites. Take a look at MPOGD (www.mpogd.com) - an audience you might want to cater to. They might be involved in some webrings or something.
                      END MESSAGE

Comment

Working...
                      X