No announcement yet.

We need bot developers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some Java. I downloaded the BotCore and had a look at it and I think I could help you guys out, if someone could just give me a hand getting started.
    Warpath

Comment

I'm currently in TWDev, as a bot programmer, but every time I get even close to spawning bots in my own zone with twcore, my hard disk gets f'd up. Totally not cool
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

Upload the bots on SSI twdev. Atm the billing is down so you won't be able to get the bots up, but it should be fixed soon. Btw, i didn't even know you were on dev, wing needs to update that list!
        Celibrate
        XXX is overrated.

Comment

I have a couple years experience with Java, many with software development in general... and I have wet dreams about bot coding.

I'm on the TW Memoria RPG project at the moment but could probably pretty easily do general TW bot coding, too.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Even tho you say you have enough botdevelopers for now, Id like to try it out too... I have a couple of years experience with java. Nothing too advance, but still. I hope this is alright with you
            Hannibal Lecter: How did you catch me, Will?
            Will: You had disadvantages.
            Hannibal Lecter: What disadvantages?
            WIll: You're insane.
            --Manhunter

Comment

awwwww, am i too late to apply? lol j/k i'm doing the last few things rodge wanted done on the wipeout module now :-P and i've already done 2 other modules
              Ban Ikrit

Comment

i once created my own web page off hometown.aol

Comment

Stop talking about it and just make some, its really not that hard...
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Java mmm ... > : )

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                    ---
                    5:waven> freeze
                    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                    5:Freeze> LOL
                    5:waven> that's how things work around here
                    --
                    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Ask again in a year or two when i've learned how

Comment

On the botcore, read the enigma code. I think it was truely well written Lots of comment lines and tabbing, code is much easier to read also :P

Comment

Originally posted by Aggravate
                          On the botcore, read the enigma code. I think it was truely well written Lots of comment lines and tabbing, code is much easier to read also :P
                          I agree.

Comment

a lot of people don't realize how good 2dragons and the rest of the twdev staff is..

they put all this time and effort to write free code for the benefit of all the players in trench wars.

unless you are a programmer or understand what it is they do, you will always take every single event, map, or game for granted.

Comment

Gerry, That is very true. They do one of the best jobs i have ever seen..
                              Hopefully i will be as good as them someday

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                              1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                              1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                              ---
                              5:waven> freeze
                              5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                              5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                              5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                              5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                              5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                              5:Freeze> LOL
                              5:waven> that's how things work around here
                              --
                              1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Originally posted by gerry
                                a lot of people don't realize how good 2dragons and the rest of the twdev staff is..

they put all this time and effort to write free code for the benefit of all the players in trench wars.

unless you are a programmer or understand what it is they do, you will always take every single event, map, or game for granted.
                                That is really true... They do a great job and if you coded or have tried to code a bot you wouldn't complain... But then you have all these people out there complaiing about things not being made enuf or they need to be made quicker when they are doing this on their own free will <Not to mention the people that say this they probly couldn't code if they tried..> It's not as ez as it sounds..
                                Can't think of a good signature :down: :mad:

Comment

Working...
                                X