Was accidental...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was accidental...

1st, i would like to say i have nothing against lnx, he is a fine staffer, but i would like to explain myself to him because i am banned for now and not able to. On may 23 me and a friend were talking in chat, i was asked to log on as an alias called "Purple People Eater09," when i did this i went to pub 0 without knowing it, i did not pay attention to the pm's from guano bot and i had ?nopubchat on,(this was removed later on lting so i could talk 2 a friend through pub chat, but while it was on lnx warned us in pub chat and i did not see this) it was 2:30 am, i was sleepy So me and my friend are both logged on a "Purple People Eater," Except he had different digits at the end of his name, when he unspecced his alias showed as Purple People Eater, and so did mine, this was very interesting, and for some reason this "glitch" made it so that guano could not us from levving, when my friend asked if i wanted to lt i told him sure, i had nothing better to do, so he got in lev and we went to get him greened, after he had attached we went to roof and bombed it, resulting in chaos, peopel were spamming and pming us, i had no idea why, after i managed to catch a few glimpses of the words i gathered that it was a pure pub, and some how we have bypassed the bot, so me and my friend specced at this point to figure out what was going on, then lnx shows up and tell me that my friend and i are to be banned for abusing a bug, i understand where he is coming from but i would like for him to know the whole story not just what he saw, Thank you - Permit.
    Last edited by Permit; 05-23-2004, 03:32 AM.
    MODERATOR WARNING: YOU ARE TO SEXY FOR TRENCH WARS! LEAVE NOW BEFORE I UNF! YOU - Mr. 420

I fully support his decision in banning you.

Comment

I'm sure you will be told by many people that ban complaints have no place on the forums, and that if you'd like to report this and request to be unbanned, you have to email ban@trenchwars.org. (Also note: Click Here)

Maybe that will help

Just out of curiousity, how long did you get banned for?

Comment

H A H A H A H A H A H A H A
        :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Lolz, i was in that pub.
          Pretty funny
          you shouldnt got banned for it tho :/
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

i love lnx he's one of the best staffers I know
            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Please shut the fuck up Permit.

So first you tk and say it's okay. Then you log on as a Purple People Eater, an elite click in Pub, and think it's okay. Please.

You always do illegal things and then act like you're innocent. You knew about the bug, and you just didn't care. I don't believe anything you say about you not reading the warnings.

If you had ?nopubchat on then how did you talk to the crew about making a turret?

Comment

Ignorance isn't an excuse when it comes to law. Do your time.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

And how did you "catch a glimse" of the words?
                  USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                  ---A few minutes later---
                  9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                  9:Kim> UM
                  9:Kim> i didn't
                  9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                  9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                  9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                  9:pascone> lol?

Comment

stop fooling around and you wont get banned
                    FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                      Ignorance isn't an excuse when it comes to law. Do your time.
                      What do you mean ignorance isn't an excuse...? In my opinion, ignorance is the best excuse... what better excuse could there be?

He had no way of knowing this bug existed unless [a] he programmed the bot himself and left it in on purpose, [b] someone else found it out accidentally before him and told him of it (in which case he should do the time) or [c] it was by chance he found this out... as he says, or as you say... ignorance

Comment

there shouldnt be a pure pub if their is a loophole like that. lots of ppl use similiar names and its not fair to them if they should stumble upon it and some cranky staff members bans them. If theres a loophole it should be fixed, don't ban the players that support the game.
                        Audit> bike, you guys use lag to win instead of skill, therefore you're all losers.
                        BikE> ouch
                        BikE> dissed

Comment

Permit, you fool! Permit is my name, you're still borrowing it. Now my great name is criminalised
                          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                          cool koen> :)
                          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                          cool koen> not because of a bug
                          EvoLd> Lol
                          Treachery> meh
                          EvoLd> why then?
                          PubAceR> women in power dont last
                          EvoLd> LOl
                          toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                            What do you mean ignorance isn't an excuse...? In my opinion, ignorance is the best excuse... what better excuse could there be?
                            "You can't put me in jail! I didn't know that killing my wife was illegal!"
                            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Maybe you guys didnt read the part where i said i fully agree in Lnx's decision in banning me, and i'm only for 5 days so i didnt bother posting a ban appeal, and yes, lnx is a fine staffer, if i were in his position i would do the exact same thing, though i wanted to explain myself to fellow players
                              MODERATOR WARNING: YOU ARE TO SEXY FOR TRENCH WARS! LEAVE NOW BEFORE I UNF! YOU - Mr. 420

Comment

Working...
                              X