No announcement yet.

Was accidental...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that was funny. No reason to ban you at all. If they dont want people to get passed glitches then they should fix them.
    RIP Diamond I will always love you.

Comment

:up: That is awesome bombing pure pub.
      LA

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
        What do you mean ignorance isn't an excuse...? In my opinion, ignorance is the best excuse... what better excuse could there be?
        Ignorance isn't an excuse in the legal system because you're still liable for punishment for a crime you committed, no matter if you knew it was against the law or not.
        :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

IMO, the ban is wrong....He warned in pub...arent staffers supposed to *warn This is pure pub, get out of the lev and stop abusing the bug.

If no warning was given there shouldnt of been a ban...had lnx done *warn...then id support his decision...but you cant warn in PUBLIC chat, hell i dont read public chat even when i dont have ?nopubchat on :/

edit: in regards to ilduce....this was sort of in a way like writing a law and not telling someone its there...and not reading a person his/her rights....a mix between the two....

edit2:im not saying UNBAN PERMIT NOW or anything im just saying i think lnx should have at least used *warn before banning.

Comment

You may well not have realised which pub you were in but I bet your friend sure as hell did because this isn't the first time this glitch has been exploited. I have a screenshot dated 29.04.2004 showing of one of you doing exactly the same thing. So don't tell me your friend had no idea it was purepub either. The chances that both of you were that ignorant to realise where you were is virtually nonexistant.

Comment

Rudy, you should know something, there are at least 20 purple people eaters :-x so you seeing 2 of them doesnt mean i(or the person i was with) was one of them lol, this is an alias glitch, i have discovered it can be done with any alias that has 20 characters in it, if you have the alias Purple People Eaterabc it will appear as Purple People Eater everywhere else, even %tickname shows Purple People Eater, Any alias with 20 characters will have this problem. (Found this all out after reading a VERY old thread in the bugs and glitches section that used to be around here, it was copied and pasted in an old log i kept.)
              Last edited by Permit; 05-23-2004, 09:05 PM.
              MODERATOR WARNING: YOU ARE TO SEXY FOR TRENCH WARS! LEAVE NOW BEFORE I UNF! YOU - Mr. 420

Comment

Yet you still chose to exploit it.

Comment

This was a really retarded post to make. Not only did you just screw up and basically admit that you knew what you were doing, but you've created a ton of copy cat people doing this now.
                  sdg

Comment

LOL...I was there (in pub 0) saying WTF? LEVS? AND TWO GUYS WITH THE SAME NAME?...
                    this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                    (:3=

Comment

Yes, i told everybody about this bug now... but somebody had to, its the only way action will be taken :-\, im banned for a bit over it, and others might be later, at least staff might consider doing somehting if everybody has the same alias :-x
                      MODERATOR WARNING: YOU ARE TO SEXY FOR TRENCH WARS! LEAVE NOW BEFORE I UNF! YOU - Mr. 420

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
                        You may well not have realised which pub you were in but I bet your friend sure as hell did because this isn't the first time this glitch has been exploited. I have a screenshot dated 29.04.2004 showing of one of you doing exactly the same thing. So don't tell me your friend had no idea it was purepub either. The chances that both of you were that ignorant to realise where you were is virtually nonexistant.

Dude that's me... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Permit
                          1st, i would like to say i have nothing against lnx, he is a fine staffer, but i would like to explain myself to him because i am banned for now and not able to. On may 23 me and a friend were talking in chat, i was asked to log on as an alias called "Purple People Eater09," when i did this i went to pub 0 without knowing it, i did not pay attention to the pm's from guano bot and i had ?nopubchat on,(this was removed later on lting so i could talk 2 a friend through pub chat, but while it was on lnx warned us in pub chat and i did not see this) it was 2:30 am, i was sleepy So me and my friend are both logged on a "Purple People Eater," Except he had different digits at the end of his name, when he unspecced his alias showed as Purple People Eater, and so did mine, this was very interesting, and for some reason this "glitch" made it so that guano could not us from levving, when my friend asked if i wanted to lt i told him sure, i had nothing better to do, so he got in lev and we went to get him greened, after he had attached we went to roof and bombed it, resulting in chaos, peopel were spamming and pming us, i had no idea why, after i managed to catch a few glimpses of the words i gathered that it was a pure pub, and some how we have bypassed the bot, so me and my friend specced at this point to figure out what was going on, then lnx shows up and tell me that my friend and i are to be banned for abusing a bug, i understand where he is coming from but i would like for him to know the whole story not just what he saw, Thank you - Permit.
                          I really got to try that

Comment

You really shouldn't ban someone over the incompetence of the bot creator. Just fix the damn thing and let the embarrassment of being ezed be motivation to not screw up in the future.
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Stabwound he said he has discovered...as in he found this out AFTER he was banned when he was like ok...and wanted to know more about it...so he found out AFTER he was banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                                "You can't put me in jail! I didn't know that killing my wife was illegal!"
                                murdering your wife and using ship 4 kinda fall into different categories of pure evil

Comment

Working...
                                X