No announcement yet.

How much better DSB Zone is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started playing SubSpace in the DSB zone about 2 1/2 years ago.

It's a fun action packed zone with intense basing action. It lags like hell though. They do have a lot of good things about them.

But TW is a more rounded zone. It has everything from the duels the different leagues. DSB is no place for duels. DSB is a basing zone. But yes it is full of "Tube Campers". Yes I do lag in TW, but not even close to what it is in DSB.
    Do not try to remove fly from friends head with hatchet!

Comment

Powerball has a VERY tough league.

I have to admit though the DSB site owns. Pity the gameplay is crap.
      gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
      gravy_: Electric granny chariots
      gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

dsb is wank

Comment

Originally posted by ZippyDan

Powerball / Speedball owns!
          Indeed!
          - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Wtf? Zip doesn't post here :P

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
              Wtf? Zip doesn't post here :P
              He has posted several times. Click on "Search" above and look for his name.
              "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
              flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

Originally posted by FLaBiN

Shh, that was inside information!

- Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by FLaBiN
                  Not on this thread

Comment

A friend of mine once said "I could play DSB" to which my otherfriend responded "WHAT!? It's so pointless, like playing croquet with your tongue"
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                      A friend of mine once said "I could play DSB" to which my otherfriend responded "WHAT!? It's so pointless, like playing croquet with your tongue"
                      damn i wanted to do Emilio from "Mr Deeds", i'm all ways in a cloaker and need the fraz "sneaky sneak" -'
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Well.. as an active DSB player and former active TW player, i have to say i like DSB more.
                        TW's main fault is the settings. Pretty much only ship people use in pub is wb. And this ain't no good IMO. The few times i nowdays come to TW, i'll just hop on my private freq and start killing people, usually "laming" with weasel, or then i'm spider. But when i'm feeling really lazy, i'll just hop to WB and let it go.

And what comes for staff not hosting events in DSB, the Op's have entirely differend role. DSB has more zone rules to attend to full time than TW has. The safety-spawn creates biggest of them. While it allows people to spawn in peace, it also creates possibility to other type of laming. Now that we are talking about events, DSB has ER> system up and running.

-(Rf> and Op>)Coster, feel free to drop by in DSB.

Comment

A couple of points:

(1) Pub basing -- and I use the term loosely -- sucks because people end up spawnkilling / duelling in wb's in pub. This makes the teams uneven (I suppose you could change the program to allocate wb's equally to each team, though this would not solve the problem entirely though it might ameliorate its effects somewhat), thus one team is handicapped in basing. People who want to wb duel could just ?go duel, but then they wouldn't have the joy of killing hapless, helpless levis.

(2) Levi terring is waay the hell outta control. Oftentimes there are three or four LT's in one arena. That's eight people out of the basing equation out of 30. Couple that with the problem mentioned above, and you're looking at a seriously depleted pool of basers. Thus the strong interest in private basing matches, the supply of which still does not match demand, although this may be a temporary consequence of the substitute bots.

(3) (okay so now it's more than a couple .. so sue me) The ship settings are fine for good basing, but the settings lend themselves to non-basing play. Changing the settings might change how the masses play, but it would also change the quality of the occasional good basing game.

In conclusion, the problem isn't with the settings, it's with the interests and actions of the majority of subspace players in pub arenas. This ain't gonna change. As long as those of us who prefer a purer flavor of basing can swindle, bamboozle, coerce, knive, sweettalk or outright dupe someone into facilitating REAL BASING WITHOUT LT's OR WB DUELS under the base proper, I consider the problem to be effectively solved. (In my own subjective reality, in which I am ten feet tall, bulletproof, and invisible.)

Cordially,

tCK
                          1:Pearl Jam> the gloves are for the prostitutes i'm going to hire
                          1:Pearl Jam> i'm going to make one of them shovel human feces into a wheelbarrow and run around with it
                          THE CRIMSO> that's more illuminative than jack's comment, but still pretty enigmatic
                          1:Pearl Jam> she'll have to wear a shirt that says "THE POOPSMITH" on it

Comment

Haha, funny how this topic wich originally was whining about how crappy zone DSB is has turned into talking about faults of TW

(and if this topic was long gone, sry, i just tumpled into it again by some random occurance)

-Coster

Comment

damn i wanted to do Emilio from "Mr Deeds", i'm all ways in a cloaker and need the fraz "sneaky sneak" -'
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                              X