Anti-Spawning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll King
    I was referring to Iceblock's idea in the post before mine.
    Sorry.
    ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
    ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
    ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

How often do u get spawn killed? 1 out of 5? 10? 15? 20?...I barely get spawned, 1 out of 15 deaths I say would be spawns, and even though u hate being spawned, u always spawn back. its true
      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

the safe thing is the mid sucks, that is why i dislike EG so much.

and with the thing in the mid u have more spawning then now.
        Originally posted by Kolar
        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

in that case i would should wait and SMOKE the first person who dares come out of safety .. :P muahahahahahahaha

Comment

I was referring to Iceblock's idea in the post before mine.
            Iceblock? ...Where?
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Whoops, I meant IceStorm. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
                How often do u get spawn killed? 1 out of 5? 10? 15? 20?...I barely get spawned, 1 out of 15 deaths I say would be spawns, and even though u hate being spawned, u always spawn back. its true
                True...1 word for all those complainers...dodge
                this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                (:3=

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
                  even though u hate being spawned, u always spawn back. its true

Welcome to TW. the world of spawning!

it is spawn or get spawned!
                  Originally posted by Kolar
                  My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                  ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

How would having people spawn in small, predictable, wall-enclosed spaces decrease spawning when it actually makes it easier to do?
                    They would be safes..(You can't kill anyone in safes) And they would be pretty far apart.. err Now im going to have to go get the map i made n show you. It will work .. It's allot better than having everyone spawned into one area isnt it? And if one team comes out of the spawn area im pretty sure that they can take over anyone trying to get lame kills.

Hmm i've seen zones that have spawns on and off like a checkerboard.. IT works extremly well. goes like
                    # # # #
                    ..# # # #
                    for those that don't play board games. Infact I use to be staff there .. Very nice zone. Anyways..
                    Maybe that would be successful in Belim or Pubs.. Elim is the worst place to get spawned(just regular elim) wow that's why i can stand playing it..

Or we could have it so that there are about 50 Spawn spatches (size of a ship) and You get spawned out randomly onto them.. That might work.
                    Last edited by IceStorm; 06-15-2004, 07:56 PM.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                    ---
                    5:waven> freeze
                    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                    5:Freeze> LOL
                    5:waven> that's how things work around here
                    --
                    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Once they leave those safes, they still have to fly along a long thin tunnel with just two ways out: through the narrow opening at the top or by warping (which defeats the purpose of that spawn area). That whole pathway is a deathtrap.

Comment

Once they leave those safes, they still have to fly along a long thin tunnel with just two ways out: through the narrow opening at the top or by warping (which defeats the purpose of that spawn area). That whole pathway is a deathtrap.
                        As i showed in the sloppy example above. There are two choices to have spawn areas they were just ideas to be tossed around. Only S1 would make you go up a small Tunnel .. S wouldn't be as harsh and we can change around the map if we need. I think publics are fine right now.. Can you get off my back Troll Block?

---
                        --

Comment

If you don't want people to comment on your idea, then please, don't share it next time.

Or would you prefer to go through the process of making the map first and then have people point out an obvious problem later?

Sheesh, it's not like I'm being abusive or calling it stupid, I'm just pointing out a problem with it.

Comment

But your going upon it negative, I can't stand that. You could atleast say a couple positive remarks or suggestions. Your saying it will be a deathtrap which it might if it was placed wrong. And had only one way out. But it isn't like i tried to stress, The map I made had more openings and there was more room to move and also was farther apart. You are right that is a problem.. An obvious problem that i've already noticed. Sorry troll I should of been more open to suggestions.

Anyways what do you think about the checkerboard idea? It might actually be successful, I think.

---
                            --

Comment

I had no positive remarks because I did not feel there were any positives to it. I don't need to go searching and grasping for one when there are many more reasons why it won't work. I'm sorry if you're offended by this "negativism", but that's what criticism is.

Even if you add more openings to it, the fact is that you still have a spawn area surrounded by levi-friendly walls. To get out, you'd have to fly out one of the openings in the walls. The other problem is when you have a dedicated area for one team to spawn, that will just make it easier for spawning to happen. If someone likes to spawnkill and they know that all his potential targets will spawn in the same region, that will just make their job easier.

Comment

Putting in safe zones will add lamers that like to safety duel and that's several times worse than spawning as is now. You cannot stop lamers from laming.
                                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
                                X