TWML-D Round 1 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWML-D Round 1 Report

Before I start, I want to apologize for the delay of this (for those of you that may of been waiting for it). Xog will most likely jump on my user to make a few additions as well.

Oh and for those of you who are a tad confused. I'm Escales Dante. I made that user to get into basing. I think it's worked, because you dudes on Defiancy are a wacky bunch. Thanks to Death3d for help with the screenshots.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright folks, TWML went pretty smoothly this weekend. Only one match ended up in an automatic victory (Yahtzee vs Whipe). The matches were held in #elusive, and a matchbot was provided by staff for our use during TWL. Thanks staff!

Special Thanks goes to the staff members that started the bot on multipul occasions. Cool Koen <ZH>, Buja X <ER>, and Predator Rulez helped us out there. Be prepared for next week. Now that the little guys have been knocked out, things will be getting interesting.

Although, during some of the matches, I got some screenshots and whatnot. So here we go!

TWML-D Match 1: Asevoimat 50 - 39 Defiancy

MVP - Suede (Asevoimat)

Now this match was originally Asevoimat vs Decennium, but Decennium only had 1 person online. I personally didn't want to give Asevoimat a free victory - so I called our boys in to make them fight for it. It was a great match, but in the end, Asevoimat got the better of us and won. Good Game.

TWML-D Match 2: Evolve<D> 50 - 31 Eliteclan

MVP - Izor (Evolve<D>)

Plenty of people showed up for this one. Evolve<D> was constantly being put under harsh pressure by Eliteclan - but they just dodged it all, and layed the smackdown. Izor got his rightful MVP, considering he was outnumbered on multipul occasions and just shook those enemies off.

It look like it could of gone either way at the start, but towards the end Evolve<d> just completely took over. A good game nonetheless.

TWML-D Match 3: Kong 50 - 41 Mastic

MVP - not u (Kong)

By now, people were getting the hang of this. Mastic and Kong both showed up with strong lines. Lag was more of an issue in this match, but it continued anyhow. I want to give a big thumbs up to spiker!!. If I remember correctly, Mastic left him in a 4v1. He didn't go down easy and Kong ended up losing 2 players in the process of eliminating the deadly spiker!!. With no blueout, you can imagine the conversations .

Despite spiker!!'s great effort, and killer aim, Kong overpowered Mastic and secured themselves a spot in round 2 of TWML-D

TWML-D Match 4: Whipe 50 - 0 Yahtzee

Sadly, Yahtzee had no one show up. Therefore they lost by default. Let's just say the MVP was.. Shivah?

TWML-D Match 5: TWD Lamers 50 - 38 Triumph-

MVP - sexy wooden spoon (TWD Lamers)

Well this match looked grim at start but Triumph- managed to pull the 2 players they needed (to have a full line of 5) right out of there ass in the last minute or so. Although it seemed their luck ended there. The Lamers dominated this match, and Triumph- hit the dust hard.

TWML-D Match 6: Suikoden 3 40 - 50 Idoneus

MVP - nephi

The final match of the day. Many people thought that Suikoden would give this one away almost as a free win. Well they proved the people in spec wrong. This match was close, with Suikoden almost taking it home. Idoneus had to really punch it to not get eliminated, and they came through.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

On a seperate note, because we have TWML at the same time as TWL, we don't have certain luxuries that you all maybe used to. There is no Anti-Warp or Blueout, but that didn't really seem to cause any huge problems in week 1.

If you can't live without blueout, just type ?nopubchat. Also it's pretty late - so sorry in advance for bad spelling/grammer.

-----Xog's section-----
    Alright, awesome report there dante! As some of you might have noticed, it's down to 3 squads.. and you're thinking "huh? how are 3 squads going to be narrowed down to 1? ". Well, you're right! That's why we're going to have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each squad. Each squad will duel eachother, and the ranks will go according to the amount of wins. Just wanted to clear that little bit up
    Last edited by Capital Knockers; 06-21-2004, 02:06 PM.
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Pretty cool. Sucks Defiancy lost, i'm rooting for them. My little brother is on the squad :up:
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
      Pretty cool. Sucks Defiancy lost, i'm rooting for them. My little brother is on the squad :up:
      Close match, we had them - they know it. gg asevoimat.

Your bro is Tyrome, or pavement..?

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"

Comment

if we bother to show up, wr will win your jav division.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
          Close match, we had them - they know it. gg asevoimat.

Your bro is Tyrome, or pavement..?
          Pavement. Tyrome is a friend, he comes over sometimes and plays with my brother

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
            Please do show up, and prove yourself right. Perhaps Defiancy will end up facing wr it'll be a showdown for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
              Maybe our squad's 900 JD will get us in so we can own you in javs. Watch out for me I can get 7-10 in belim

EDIT: look at that newb tahkis getting ready to own the rock. rofl.
              Last edited by Izor; 06-21-2004, 02:34 AM.
              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

i liked that screen shots are cool
                King Baba> You scare me with your online wisdom.

Comment

Izor, when will you learn

Comment

what is TWML-D?

can someone explain to me?
                    9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                    4:Nimrook> No?
                    4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                    4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                    4:Akuun> ROFL
                    4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                    4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                    4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

www.freewebs.com/minortwl is the main webpage for the TWML divisions

Oh oh oh oh escales, excellent report! I give you 1500 kudos! Nothing to be added/edited. Great job! :up:

Comment

omg, Escales = Capital Knockers?

omg

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs

Heh. We weren't even suppose to be in TWML-D, we're in TWML-J and TWML-B. But keep rootin Mr. Scuggs

Comment

Aww we lost! lol.
                            --------------------------
                            ;) AznBabiGurl :p
                            --------------------------

Comment

Why the hell don't WE get screenshots in TWL???

Comment

Working...
                              X