Time race and MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time race and MVP

Time race is seriously one of the best game play changes made in basing. It took the focus off of individual points and back on the team. Since time is the only thing that is important, weird things that used to happen like hiding or milking disappear.

One thing we haven't figured out yet is the MVP. The MVP is based on a mix of teks, points, ratio...who knows what else. Since the game now focuses on the flag and not points, why not make MVP flag focused too? Make the MVP whoever has most flag touches for the game.

Flag touch MVP is straightforward, simple, and any ship can MVP. Blowout games might only have a few flag touches in which case the MVP is less meaningful- but in blowout games, individual play is less meaningful anyway. The best games that are close generally have the most flag touches so the MVP would be most meaningful in that case.

Hopefully it will also encourage less emphasis on rec, and more focus on pushing for the flag.

For the 3284th time, it would be better to have a really detailed post-game stats report than some stupid MVP.
    sdg

Comment

I really don't beleive that stats alone can determine MVP. If a terrier plays an outstanding game dodging shit in the flagroom and finishes 25-2, but a spider on his team finishes 108-50 and gets mvp, that's not exactly reflective of the gameplay.

Or, if a spider makes a totally clutch terrkill twice or three times, but the terrier has like 35-6, the spider should totally get the mvp.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Of course, the TWL stats at the end of the game (tk, tek, etc.) are awesome and tell a lot more. But if we're going to have an MVP, make it something useful than what it is now. I think basing it on flag touches (which is the one stat that we currently have that is most directly related to winning a time race) would make it more meaningful than the broken MVP we have now.

Otherwise, get rid of it.

Comment

If Time Race focuses on the team's ability to do good off the score board (I'm also with FOR on this one, you can't really determine who did the best using statics) then I believe the MVP should reflect that. Flagging is one part of it though.

Comment

Working...
          X