No announcement yet.

Elim Time Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you put in a timer at the end of elim, unfortunate things will become a mainstay. I predict that with that advent will come those with very poor records on their last life running to avoid letting the other guy win.. Or, likewise those with very good records that are on their last life might try and avoid that 1-3 hider duel at the very end to avoid letting a hider win..

As always, just an opinion. Could be wrong, but I'm never wrong. So rather, it isn't and therefore actually couldn't be. I'm correct and that would become our elim. Enjoy it.

If someone is taking too long to die, go to the other elim. If someone in there is also making waste of your time, head outside and do some much needed gardening, take a course on cooking via online tutorials, join a fantasy football league at ESPN, or nudge your special someone into multiple indescribable acts of intercourse.. Plenty to do while you wait.. Take it from me, I'm using the time to write this reply.

napalm sunrise I
    "$"
    Last edited by NAPALMSUNRISE; 09-14-2002, 12:44 PM.

Comment

You can try what you want, if there is someone that wants to ruin the game it will be ruined. Leave it the way it is and be sure to hunt the lamers first ..
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Personally i'm surprised as well as offended that my name wasn't included in this conversation. I thought i was doing a very good job of making elims last longer than they had to.
        Shhhh.

Comment

On an ending note I realize that timers would make elim a pain in the ass. People who run and hide during elim give me a renewed sense of meaning. I take pleasure in finding them randomly, and occasionally hunting them, but mostly in killing them. Elim has been this way for since I can remember. So yup (I think it was Napalm that did it for me, very convincing)

gg everyone
          Lag can be your greatest ally, you need only master it

Comment

Ok guys, time limit is stupid. Full stop. Hiders are still going to win.

Instead I suggest progressive elimination of people who don't get enough kills. Weed out the useless ones. After 3 minutes everyone with less than 3 kills is kicked out. After 4 minutes kick out those with less than 4 kills, 5 minutes/5 kills and so on and so on ...

Now then the big problem arises when it's down to two and one of them decides to run now he's got more kills than the other guy. But who should be rewarded? Those who brave everyone to get the kills, or those who hide until the final duel and use their 1 on 1 skills?
            Last edited by GuruMeditation; 09-18-2002, 03:59 AM.
            gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
            gravy_: Electric granny chariots
            gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
              Instead I suggest progressive elimination of people who don't get enough kills. Weed out the useless ones. After 3 minutes everyone with less than 3 kills is kicked out. After 4 minutes kick out those with less than 4 kills, 5 minutes/5 kills and so on and so on ...
              What if some people just suck at elim and can't get kills, but try?
              Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedandy
                What if some people just suck at elim and can't get kills, but try?
                I'm not saying it's a perfect solution. It's just one of those suggestions I'm throwing out into the open air.

Then again I'm the kind of guy who suggests bringing back the "kill by self" to partly solve the problems with levis :P
                gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Mmm, lev-suicide. The mere thought sends chills through my little spine.
                  Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

Working...
                  X