Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMPORTANT] Rule Addition - Encouraging Suicide & Death Threats

Hi friends,

I am posting this here for full disclosure - we have recently added a new rule to our manual. I am posting the verbatim text from the manual here so that there are no surprises. The toxic environment that has taken over our zone (pub specifically) is getting out of control. We are working on another system to put the power into the hands of players to curb the bullshit spam and outright nonsense that happens in pub, but this rule has been a long time coming and you can expect it to be enforced strictly. Please direct any questions on this rule here in this thread or to tucker (me) or Zazu in game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5.14 [ Encouraging Suicide & Death Threats ]

A. Encouragement or suggestions by one player to another to harm themselves or take their own life is illegal in this zone. SSCU Trench Wars has a zero tolerance policy for this sort of behavior in our game, whether it be in public chat or private chat. SSCU Trench Wars will not be a haven for toxic behavior that prey on those with mental health difficulties or who may be otherwise susceptible to persuasion of this sort. There is legal precedent in the United States that this sort of suicide baiting is punishable by law.

Determination of rule violations will be made on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Head Ban Operator and Assistant Ban Operator. Please note that statements such as ?die when hit,? ?die loser,? ?go die,? while not pleasant, do not constitute a violation of this rule. This rule is intended to protect the vulnerable among us from predatory behavior specifically intended to persuade a fellow player to harm themselves or commit suicide.

B. Specific threats of harm or death that will occur in real life is illegal in SSCU Trench Wars. SSCU Trench Wars has a zero tolerance policy for this sort of behavior in our game, whether it be in public chat or private chat. Determination of rule violations will be made on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Head Ban Operator and Assistant Ban Operator. Please note that statements that relate to a player dying in-game do not constitute a violation of this rule. Rather, statements such as "I'm going to come to your house and murder you while you sleep" are the types of messages that are illegal.

1st Offense BanG Duration... 3 days
    2nd Offense BanG Duration... 14 days
    3rd Offense BanG Duration... 30 days
    4th Offense BanG Duration... 90 days
    5th Offense BanG Duration... 180 days
    6th Offense BanG Duration... 360 days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note: Moderators have been advised that any questionable situations should be forwarded to Ban Operators for review, so enforcement of this rule in questionable situations may not be instantaneous.
    Last edited by Voth; 08-06-2019, 10:58 AM.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

If you really wanted to clean up pub you could just ban most of the people on my ignore.txt.
    It could be solved in a day or two.
    https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...54#post1328754
    Or just give me ban powers and I'll do it for you.

I disagree about ?go die, that's literally telling someone (who may be suicidal) to kill themselves.
    At least silence for a month for it or something.

I also think you have too many levels of punishment.
    should be
    1st Offense BanG Duration... 7 days
    2nd Offense BanG Duration... 30 days
    3rd Offense BanG Duration... 99999 days
    Last edited by Rab; 08-06-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I have edited the OP to include punishments. It should be clear that we are not messing around with this rule. Silences are off the table - any violations will result in an outright ban from the zone.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        If you really wanted to clean up pub you could just ban most of the people on my ignore.txt.
        Not surprised you're the first to chime in. As much as I would love to ban 90% of the people on that list, that's just not how it works and you know that. But like I said, we are working on a system to put the power in the hands of players to drown out the nonsense.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
          As much as I would love to ban 90% of the people on that list, that's just not how it works and you know that.
          I do know there's some sort of staff hand book, but I've never seen the content - IMO most of the chat those 90% do violates at least one of the TW rules.
          I really just think someone needs to change "that's just not how it works". Who decided it would work that way? Is it documented? Does anyone have the balls to change it? Go on, I dare you.

Comment

I do know there's some sort of staff hand book, but I've never seen the content - IMO most of the chat those 90% do violates at least one of the TW rules.
            I really just think someone needs to change "that's just not how it works". Who decided it would work that way? Is it documented? Does anyone have the balls to change it? Go on, I dare you.
            Trust me, I sympathize with the idea that any asshole who is useless and brings nothing to the game (not even getting in a ship and playing) but is a cancer to the game environment should be banned. However, we still intend to provide for a certain level of free speech in the game. That being said, it is abundantly clear that there is a fairly severe problem with the toxic environment of pub specifically, and a new system we will be rolling out soon will allow players to police other players (or speccers) and cut down on the nonsense considerably. Standby for more details.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

good to know you understand where I'm coming from. *stands by*

Comment

I disagree about ?go die, that's literally telling someone (who may be suicidal) to kill themselves.
                At least silence for a month for it or something.

I also think you have too many levels of punishment.
                should be
                1st Offense BanG Duration... 7 days
                2nd Offense BanG Duration... 30 days
                3rd Offense BanG Duration... 99999 days
                If we banned every player who said "go die" for 3 days minimum when they said it, we would be banning a lot of our players. Then you wouldn't even have much of a zone to complain about.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Since Rab is doing all the ass-kissing, I'll be the hated one and say that it's too bad this rule was not implemented when there was more population, and I can only assume why action is being taken now instead of 10 years ago when the need for it was the same, if not more. I think it's a good step in the right direction, though I believe not enough action is being taken against continual perpetrators, they are still being favored by staff and their daily vulgar public harassment is still allowed.
                  Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
                  Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

warbit> FreeSpirit is truly my spirit animal.

Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

Comment

Originally posted by A fem bot View Post
                    Since Rab is doing all the ass-kissing, I'll be the hated one and say that it's too bad this rule was not implemented when there was more population, and I can only assume why action is being taken now instead of 10 years ago when the need for it was the same, if not more. I think it's a good step in the right direction, though I believe not enough action is being taken against continual perpetrators, they are still being favored by staff and their daily vulgar public harassment is still allowed.
                    Quoted for truth.
                    Eph

Comment

Just to be clear, you are banning people for saying 'kill yourself' and things like that, not 'die newb' and the like, right? Literally everyone says something like that when trying to kill other players in the game, and it's not difficult to see how something like 'die when hit' could be confused with 'kill yourself' if you took it too far. Obviously players just playing the game aren't telling people to actually die irl, but there may be someone that is dumb enough to take it that way out of context.
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Can you ban jessup for trying to shoah me off the forums because it plays such a huge factor in my will to live?
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Can we add sexual orientation to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Helps View Post
                            Can we add sexual orientation to this?
                            I think using sexual orientation as a slam is almost just as bad and is used all the time in pub, squads, and matches. It should end.

Comment

Originally posted by Helps View Post

I think using sexual orientation as a slam is almost just as bad and is used all the time in pub, squads, and matches. It should end.
                              Are you faggots serious?
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X