[IMPORTANT] Rule Addition - Encouraging Suicide & Death Threats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    How staff allows this is beyond me. This thread is about the exact same things this guy has been doing to me for months on end. Telling me to kill myself, finding out I had recurrent cancer and a more serious surgery and PMing me constantly that he hoped I would die from it and to kill myself. Making fun of me being trans publicly in games and on forums. Finding out my father was in ICU in end stage of life and then purposely PMing me laughing saying he was glad he would die and I should along with him. Making squads that are meant to continue harassment of me after I have ignored him.. Lying in here about meetups to fight me. No such thing ever happened. I did ask him to say what he was PMing me to my face at 7/11 but he is scared to do so. If staff would have stepped in to do the right thing and stop this foul behavior it would be one thing but instead they enable them. The fact I call it out staff gets mad at me the one being abused in the most foul ways possible. You people are all disgusting.
    Yo. People have laughed that my mom died, laughed at me, said shit about my kids etc. By whining like a bitch you just give them power over you to be honest. You can't expect to go through life without people being dicks. Despite my dislike of you I hope you get better homie.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

How are people supposed to get help from trolls breaking the rules and improve the climate of the game if we don't report this type behavior when it happens? It is foul and no one deserves to be bullied and harassed in these type ways. People who get harassed have a right to complain and staff should do something.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Dude you're literally getting offended about the guy who got goddess pregnant and was a deadbeat dad saying things about your life. Either what hes saying has a sliver of truth to it or you should be fucking laughing.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

J-b was brutally raped by dressup and freinds.

Comment

It sounds like 90% of the issues brought up in this thread can be solved using ?ignore. Why people would rather someone get banned instead of just handling the issue themselves is beyond me. Sucks that staff is going to get flooded with calls when 10% (and I'm being generous here) warrant action, but they have to respond to the other 90% as well
            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5b045913b8278b8e5653711ae3922041.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	337.3 KB
ID:	1329941
              It is time to go old school

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                It sounds like 90% of the issues brought up in this thread can be solved using ?ignore. Why people would rather someone get banned instead of just handling the issue themselves is beyond me. Sucks that staff is going to get flooded with calls when 10% (and I'm being generous here) warrant action, but they have to respond to the other 90% as well

Name:	cxuwqY3.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	1329944

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                  this

people are too weak to use the ?ignore feature so they come here to complain about it

even rab is too weak with his own ignore.txt most of the time lol

Comment

Name:	2cf8ee3.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	1329954
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Name:	2cf8ee3.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	1329954
                      F...
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• This isn't about using the ?ignore feature. This is about stopping abuse that people shouldn't have to deal with on a community game. Anyone who says it is ok for members of this community to harass players into suicide, wish death on them and their family members and use racism and sexism openly should never be excused and must be addressed. Using the ?ignore feature is not enough and has been a a terrible precedent to set. It empowers trolls and makes them feel there will be no consequence while leaving the harassed player to fend for themselves. Staff should definitely step in when vile hate and harassment is taking place. It should not be left up to the player being abused to resolve a situation from a troll in which they have not asked for.

"We need to remind the peers of the bully that they benefit from bullying even if they are not themselves the transgressors. Indeed, they benefit from it, but they are tarnished by it. To chip away at the humanity of select groups is to chip away at humanity itself.?
                        ?
                        DeRay Mckesson,
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Using ?ignore is absolutely a viable solution. ?ignore prevents contact with that person on the game in its entirety. The rules may have changed, but while I was the BanG op, staff couldn't do anything about harassment occurring on private chats, which is 99% of them. Using ?ignore means that the only way you can be contacted by somebody is by evading ?ignore, which IS (or was, idk anymore) something that I could enforce, and something I did enforce.

I'm not here to condone people telling others to kill themselves. I'm here to say it's silly to have to add rules when rules already exist for this sort of thing. ?ignore and the problem is solved. They evade ignore, they get banned. That had been the solution for years.

You know why the rule about staff harassment being illegal for removed? Because it became a judgement call. Let someone like Rab make the call, and half the zone is gone. Let someone like Wark make the call, and nobody gets banned, ever. This is a judgement call rule again, and staff is fucked no matter what they do here. The first person they ban is going to lead to people complaining all over that they meant to just die in game and staff has a vendetta against them. The first call staff ignores and vegetables like primary will come out of the woodwork and say staff is racist and playing favorites and refusing to act. They're fucked.
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                            Using ?ignore is absolutely a viable solution. ?ignore prevents contact with that person on the game in its entirety. .
                            Nope. They change names regularly to evade it. They also can still ?message you. They can get you via twchat too unless you also ignore that bot.
                            A good proxy for how shit ?ignore is is the number of times I have to update my ignore list thread. Tends to be that ignore becomes ineffective roughly weekly.
                            ?ignore evading happens all the time and when I report it staff does nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
                              Nope. They change names regularly to evade it. They also can still ?message you. They can get you via twchat too unless you also ignore that bot.
                              A good proxy for how shit ?ignore is is the number of times I have to update my ignore list thread. Tends to be that ignore becomes ineffective roughly weekly.
                              ?ignore evading happens all the time and when I report it staff does nothing.
                              Get the fuck over it for gods sake, you fucking coddled pussies deserve to be harassed if you are this fucking soft. I can't wait for another world war or bubonic plague.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• why aren't you banned from the forum yet

Comment

Working...
                                X