pub spawn inconsistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pub spawn inconsistency

I was just terring in pub, it was around 8v8 size.

Sometimes I spawned in tube.

Sometimes I spawned at bottom safe.

It's massively inconsistent and cost us the game.

Plz fix.

qan is aware of the issue. I reported it to him last week while playing in pub for a bit during a peak time. There was around 30 people in but spawns were still going on in mid spawn until the timer hit 1 min to go to win, then they went to normal spawns. qan said on another thread that no matter what, if there is 16 people, it will revert to normal spawns. Turns out it only reverts if there is more than 16 AND there is less than 1 minute on timer. Clearly the code is broken and because of it it's a total mess. Goes from chaotic spawn fest to normal spawns back to chaotic spawn fest multiple times within a period of 10 mins. Crazy.

My personal vote is just make normal spawns 24/7. Should be less code I'd think and make for a quick fix. If not, least have it work as it was intended with less than 15 being mid spawn and 16 or more normal spawn.

Comment

If both teams have a Terr and it crosses a certain threshold of players then it uses normal spawns. If only one team has a Terr (or neither) it requires 16 to turn over to standard spawns.

It's inconsistent and not so great, especially if it changes mid-round or near the end of a round. Maybe need to prevent it changing if one team's close to winning. Still open to trying standard spawns all the time, but really don't think that's a great solution.

Someone suggested always spawning WBs outside of base. Might even make sense to do so with Terrs? It'd make them even less powerful, though.

One alternate idea might be to remove all midspawns, and have low-pop spawn be several points around lower base, or just outside it, near the bar, etc. Enough to make basing possible, but not enough so that it's a spawnfest. Actually quite like that concept.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

why not 3 diff spawn points.. Bottom left ear of base entrance freq 0 bottom right freq 1 bottom outside circle for any priv freqs... presto.. 0 spawns.. by the time you fly into them u should be ready to fight.. and you can choose to go up the ear if your basing and staying away from a spawn fest in the bottom entrance if you choose
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

When rounds are so short it's a huge punishment to spawn outside the base.

should be:
          Small: midbase
          med/large: lower base
          levs: narnia

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            I was just terring in pub, it was around 8v8 size.

Sometimes I spawned in tube.

Sometimes I spawned at bottom safe.

It's massively inconsistent and cost us the game.

Plz fix.
            LOL You not knowing how to base and being an idiot cost you the game. I've seen you base, you usually sit and cower spamming from behind enemy lines like a complete idiot, and you want to whine about spawns? LOL it's funny when someone like Rab thinks he's intelligent, when in reality he's just a fuckin moron, please hire for staff LOL
            Originally posted by trancE tunes
            this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

game is 2v2v1

Code:
                   Hoostle> players still not spawning near base
                       Rab> hoostle, post here: https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/sscu-trench-wars-forums/sscu-trench-wars/1328934-pub-spawn-inconsistency
                   Hoostle> Rab post a dictated messaged from me: Bot hasnt been spawning players near base after kills for that past 5hrs

Comment

can confirm, it's consistent now lol, but also totally broken because everyone's spawning in narnia

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                  can confirm, it's consistent now lol, but also totally broken because everyone's spawning in narnia
                  Don't see this as a negative personally. The people complaining are bad players who aren't paying attention to their surroundings and abusing thrust. The current spawns force players to actually put some effort into capturing flag. Running the gauntlet aka tube can be difficult, especially if you just ignore everything and boost wildly up into it. The risk are much higher but so are the rewards. I think it will take a little time for people to adjust though but overall I think it's a positive direction for pub. Also I played pub today for an hour and not once was I spawn killed, that's awesome. Glad to see staff taking an interest in pub and making attempts to create quality skirmishes. I think the mid spawns made people lazy and just sloppy.

Comment

I spawn killed the crap out of the enemy terr. That's why we won.

Comment

Could we get rid of the tube spawn at least? It's the most annoying place to spawn and wastes a ton of time trying to get out of the damn thing as people shoot at you. I'd rather spawn a mile away than there.
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

qan yes, please remove midspawn. lowerbase would be fine if pop is REALLY low

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	funny_cat_pictures_231.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1354191

Comment

Working...
                          X