Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DEPRECATED] Community-Driven Silence Program (!report)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to this command as of 2/3/20:

Chat logs of what the reported person has said are now attached to the report. The reports themselves are not valid outside of a certain time frame; however, the snapshot of chat will remain available forever, and will be able to be seen by ban operators in an easily-accessible format that's already streamlined into their existing workflow. (I would have found a way to work "synergy" into that sentence but I've never worked in a corporate office before, so my power level is as of yet insufficient.)

What this means: If you use !report to report someone who's using racist language, making death threats, encouraging suicide, etc., even when there are no available mods, ban operators will now have a chance to review chat, and have the option to punish after the fact for violations. When in doubt, report it and let the record stand for itself.

!report can still also be used to report chat that you simply don't like/find offensive but does not strictly violate any of TW's rules, or doesn't violate them explicitly enough to warrant punishment in normal situations.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• Also, please see the community driven faggot reporting program: https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...orting-program

Comment

• players should have the right to make stupid jokes and be themselves (even if it gets a dew people read killed) direct hate is usually escalated by both players so no one wins if they both get punished.also people could just report players if they get owned for revenge
        Last edited by Myollnir; 02-28-2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Amongst the TW population are a lot of closeted gays. They generally are hyper anti-gay. We should continue to ensure that TW is a community accomodating to these folks as they work through their demons.

Comment

• faggot spotted oliceman:

Comment

• Not me, but impressive policing

https://chrislipjournal.files.wordpr...ynordquist.jpg

​​​​
              Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
              Last edited by Platinum; 03-03-2020, 06:04 PM. Reason: Forum broken

Comment

• Originally posted by hellmouth View Post
                Also, please see the community driven faggot reporting program: https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...orting-program
                Per the linked program description, regarding fraudulent reports:

Fifth offense -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 365 day tailpiping by leviathan

Is that an all-day-long tailpiping? Are we talking 365x24=8760 continuous hours of tailpiping? By a lev, no less? I assume we are associating girth of ship with, uhhh.... widening of tailpipe.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• Really? This is dumb as fuck guys. I understand that some people are annoying and say stupid shit, but that's why ?ignore is a thing. It's worked fine for 20+ years. Why are people so fragile now?
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    Really? This is dumb as fuck guys. I understand that some people are annoying and say stupid shit, but that's why ?ignore is a thing. It's worked fine for 20+ years. Why are people so fragile now?
                    People aren't more fragile. The chat is worse. Pub in particular has two main kind of chat trolls. Those who make everything about race, gender, politics, religion - which is always going to offend someone. And those who target individuals, bullying basically, I regularly log in to messages with various insults. Staff knows who they are. Staff does nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      People aren't more fragile. The chat is worse. Pub in particular has two main kind of chat trolls. Those who make everything about race, gender, politics, religion - which is always going to offend someone. And those who target individuals, bullying basically, I regularly log in to messages with various insults. Staff knows who they are. Staff does nothing.
                      people can still use ?ignore, there's just no argument that can change this.. let people speak freely, there's enough censorship on the internet already

just stop wasting time on things like this
                      - appy

Comment

• is this in reference to tower who just copies and pastes random medical info from wikipedia?
                        Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

• Originally posted by Diakka View Post
                          is this in reference to tower who just copies and pastes random medical info from wikipedia?
                          And people who constantly provoke arguments about politics, race, religion, gender, etc.
                          Twitter, basically.

Comment

• rab wud u consider ursilf a bully/scumbag?

Comment

• Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                              rab wud u consider ursilf a bully/scumbag?
                              no, but ur constant effortless lizard vaginas bs is borderline.

Comment

• Peen

Comment

Working...
                                X