Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qan View Post
    I[*]Packetloss can be observed outside of the game, i.e., in a trace from user to server unrelated to SS. Recycling clears the issue.
    I asked this lastnight and no one gave me a serious answer but are we using servers that are somewhat P2P'ish? Reason.. I've noticed that if I do a speed test on a fresh boot from PC, I have like 10-15 ping. If I then enter Trench Wars and exit it completely to do another speed test, my ping jumps (as high as 110). It remains this way until I full shut down my PC. Another reason I am curious is it's the C2S that's getting the brunt of the lag issue. Can't help but think that when I load up SS/Trench Wars, my PC/internet's bandwidth gets donated. What bothers me about it, is that when I close the game, it's still using my bandwidth behind closed doors.

Hopefully that's not the case but I've test it several times now and the results have been the same ;( Looking for more insight on this since it seems somewhat shady to me. If I close the game, everything should close with it. I don't like the idea that stuff is running in the background undetected until I shut down the PC. Maybe it's not and it's just something weird going on my side but I can't help but wonder given the circumstances (high C2S lag, pings jumping up after running subspace). Thanks and have a great weekend.

-ixa

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

I asked this lastnight and no one gave me a serious answer but are we using servers that are somewhat P2P'ish? Reason.. I've noticed that if I do a speed test on a fresh boot from PC, I have like 10-15 ping. If I then enter Trench Wars and exit it completely to do another speed test, my ping jumps (as high as 110). It remains this way until I full shut down my PC. Another reason I am curious is it's the C2S that's getting the brunt of the lag issue. Can't help but think that when I load up SS/Trench Wars, my PC/internet's bandwidth gets donated. What bothers me about it, is that when I close the game, it's still using my bandwidth behind closed doors.

Hopefully that's not the case but I've test it several times now and the results have been the same ;( Looking for more insight on this since it seems somewhat shady to me. If I close the game, everything should close with it. I don't like the idea that stuff is running in the background undetected until I shut down the PC. Maybe it's not and it's just something weird going on my side but I can't help but wonder given the circumstances (high C2S lag, pings jumping up after running subspace). Thanks and have a great weekend.

-ixa
      This is just you. Cont does not leave stuff open in the background after you close it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post

This is just you. Cont does not leave stuff open in the background after you close it.
        Awesome. I'll need to figure out what's causing then. Maybe it's my AV/ISP.

Comment

how often is the server downloading or uploading? like banner bot arena updates are minor and few, but is there other things the bots do to upload/download etc?
          is it tied into steam at all?

Comment

Soo.. umm BUMP?

Comment

The main issue at the time of this thread related to windows updates which has since been resolved.
              For recent issues use qan's thread here: https://forums.trenchwars.com/main/1...data-gathering

Comment

Working...
              X