No announcement yet.

Warbirds and Spiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have denied you the cookie.. FOR I HAVE STOLEN IT. AND CONSUMED IT.... But.. I'm not him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grime
      I cannot believe you people actually believe a spider can BEAT a wb... I promise I will utterly rape almost any spider that duels me outside of base OR inside. END OF ARGUEMENT.

Ahhh Grime Grime Grime if you believe what you just said then come find me in Tw and see if you own me lol.

Comment

people stop saying wb has a slow recharge. it shas one of the fastest if not fastest recharge of tw. spider's recharge is much slower its just its shots do not cost as much nrg.
        To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
        brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Will all the newbies in this thread just play your green ship in pub and not argue here? You won't prove a spider is better with words and statistics, you have to do it in the game. With experience, you will find that when 2 players of equal skill level are placed against each other, one in a warbird and another in a spider:

Long range/open spaces: WB adv 99/1 (If the guy is even half decent he should kill the spid every time)

Mid Base: WB adv 80/20

Flagroom: Spid Adv 60-30

This is the two ships by themselves, and rough estimates.

Neither wb or spid are newb ships, there are just newbs who play them.
          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Lanc is hard to use effectively.
            Originally posted by Diakka
            Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

bring your greenship bullshit this way any time
              Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Grime

For once I have to agree with you, blast.

honestly... if you can kill a wb in a honest fight (by honest I mean not sneaking up on him from behind when his energy is low) as a spider I give you mad props. All it takes to kill a spider is bouncing off a few walls, flying around them in circles (their rotation speed is suprisingly slow), and waiting for a good clean shot. I have toyed with spiders for like minutes on end before without shooting a single shot.

P.S. Not to mention I can fly in my wb faster than their bullets.
                Honestly, if you have a clue what you are doing with spider, wb = debris.

Comment

The only reason why you can´t have serious duels in a spider is because it has random damage, and therefor anyone and can kill anyone.. if a spider would always do 500damage i would be the first person that wants a spiderleague, but till that day i say no.

And I think when you get 2 evenly skilled players, one in a warbird and one in spider the wb would be in advantage, The wb has faster speed/rotation speed and it only needs 1 hit to kill. A good move then is: fly into the spider dodge his bullets, pass the spider, turn around and take ur shot, spider has no chance at all, works 99% of the time, also a wb can snipe down the spider.
                  The way for a spider to kill the wb is, get the wb on ur screen, wait till he shoots, rush into wb and rape it. It's all about who's playing the ships tho.

-bram

Comment

fly into the spider dodge his bullets, pass the spider, turn around and take ur shot, spider has no chance at all, works 99% of the time, also a wb can snipe down the spider.
                    no offense, but thats a horrible tactic. it happens to me often, ad even if the wb doesnt hit me it is still going backwards as it fires it shot, making the shot go slowly and its reaaalllly easy to dodge. this happens a lot because warbirds often fly straight at me intending to fire but they cant cause i hit them once or twice, and when they fly by i stop shooting and they wait for their energy to recharge and take a slow shot.
                    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                    apt>yes u can wtf
                    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                    apt>na
                    apt>ill show you pictures
                    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

A spider can't kill a wb unless the wb gives it "permission" by firing a shot- therefore the wb just needs to fly around until he gets a good shot and the spider doesn't have much energy to fire/chase.

It's really a stupid argument (although I use the spider in an any ship race due to superior vulch power!) but I think in TWD if I'm not mistaken the bot will let you play with any ship in the duels? Go for it and take a 5 spider team vs 5 wbs- that might be interesting
                      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Re: Warbirds and Spiders

Originally posted by Kuldace
                        Know what? Warbirds stink. They are the ultimate newbie ship because if you can land ONE shot, you get a kill. If you actually have the skill to dodge, manuever and aim, then it takes away the usefulness of the warbird. After you've fired a shot, your open to any newbie's stray shot and so you die. They are too slow firing. In a duel of two good players, you're gonna miss, unless you get lucky.

But, if you use the spider, with any measure of skill, you can avoid dying from stray shots, and take advantage of the warbirds slow shot. You dodge, and then kill them with one or two shots! That simple. More room for error, for the best.

Any newbie can use the warbird and do relatively well, but to become the best, you gotta use the spider.

No, I'm not the best, but I'm gonna get to a point where I own warbirds with Spiders.

And I'm gonna start a spider squad that'll own any warbird.

Lol, this is so sad.
                        1. You are wrong
                        2. Did anyone ask for your opinion?
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Actually a spider actually does better in 2v1 for many reasons.
                          1: Most of the time people will shoot at the same time leaving both open for a barrage of spider fire.
                          2: You have time to shoot at both targets.
                          3. And i of most have seen alot of dumb wb charge and shoot and just stick around while they are recharging after a wb shoots 1 shot from a spider and they are toast if you can get them fast that is.

Comment

Spiders > warbirds when they are both newbs.
                            Warbirds > spiders when both are average.
                            Warbirds > spiders when both are vets.
                            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

You guys need to get out of pub. in Dueling The WB is the best in TW, for basing its not as good but If you have skill with a wb you can easily take out any spider no matter what their skill is in it. And its not all about luck in wb's, if you know how to anticipate with your aim nobody can touch you. Plus WB's have the advantage of being able to kill on the radar easily, which is only perfected in effort and time. So I'de say that in Dueling Wb's own all.
                              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

where go if your not in the pub? elims are gay and i never win, cause they are all wb and jav unless the bot picks... and the only event ever hosted anymore on a regular basis is javs. woohoo, javs. like u cant have jav competition and mudsling in elim...
                                Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                                apt>yes u can wtf
                                apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                                apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                                apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                                Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                                apt>na
                                apt>ill show you pictures
                                apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Working...
                                X