TW and CZ down - 20200807 !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW and CZ down - 20200807 !!!!

Trenchwars and Chaos appear to be down. Emergency!!!!!!!

both zones down again
    server time: 8:30 PM Saturday August 8, 2020

Comment

TW is down for me right now All I see is 7 people in EG. I tried redownloading the zones and that didn't work. I'm going to try to reinstall the game?
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Confirmed to be DDoS attacks. Generally these are initiated by those who feel they've been somehow wronged.

Though it's uncommon to be caught, making it the craven's keyboard warrior's weapon of choice, I'd like to remind the culprit that they're committing a crime, and that we cooperate with law enforcement. Punishment varies around the world, but if found to be instigating such an attack, you're looking at a maximum of 10 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
          Confirmed to be DDoS attacks. Generally these are initiated by those who feel they've been somehow wronged.

Though it's uncommon to be caught, making it the craven's keyboard warrior's weapon of choice, I'd like to remind the culprit that they're committing a crime, and that we cooperate with law enforcement. Punishment varies around the world, but if found to be instigating such an attack, you're looking at a maximum of 10 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.
          Damn man. I had no idea we were getting DDoS'd last couple days. Doesn't bode well at all. I am skeptical about how tomorrow plays out now that we know. My only hope is we can catch the petty basement dweller who's doing it and let the guy rot in jail for a bit--enjoying cockmeat sandwhiches.

Honestly, I kind of expected people to do stupid shit this twdt with this much money on the line. Money brings out the worst of people I swear.. I've noticed a HUGE spike in people lagging all over the place in games and the server lately (basically around the time of twdt preseason) has given me this weird input lag too. Anyways, like I said, hope you're able with the help of law enforcement to catch this culprit--would be fucking awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to give us the update qan I know you have your hands full. I think its good to make known publicly what's going so maybe people who know whos DDoS'ing us can maybe fill you in on who it is. Appreciate you letting us know! All in all, hope you're enjoying your weekend--goes for everyone reading this! Cheers.

Edit: Kind of wonder if this has anything to do with the skyforger ban or not? The timing is conspicuous.
          Last edited by Grasps; 08-09-2020, 12:52 AM.

Comment

It's obviously skyforger as it started when he was banned. You already have his IP.

Comment

afaik we pay the hosting company extra for 'ddos protection' so if that doesn't work it's worth a support ticket / refund / stop paying for it.
              edit: looks like they include it for free now, so make sure we're not paying for something that should be free.

also make sure skyforger is permanently banned from the game and from the forum.
              Last edited by Rab; 08-09-2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Hello users of this website.

My name is Police Detective Rupert Thistle from the New York County Sheriffs Department of New York County. My badge number is 25.

I have been informed that there has been illegal activity transpiring on these forums and shall be making arrests tonight in the local area.

Stay safe out there.

-Detective Rupert Thistle

Comment

*typing from jail contraband nokia*

would have got away with it too if it werent for that bigger wigger rab pulling the trigger on me dammm

Comment

"Police Man" does this guy even speak English

Comment

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

qan should put that extra time snitching to the cops and rather fix to get a server ddos proof?
                        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                          qan should put that extra time snitching to the cops and rather fix to get a server ddos proof?
                          was it u?
                          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

I'm not bboser I only hax
                            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Boris has been on recently...

Comment

Working...
                              X