Veteran players murder public games and make players leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i never stated pub was "about" anything

when i said "and the micro game is all the pub was good for..." i assumd it obvious to be a statement made in direct relation to ur assertion: "...it also significantly lowers your ability to transfer skills to basing in any other arena. And it removes a lot of the nuance to the game, in my opinion."

i thought we were having a convo about the virtue of attachmode

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

Comment

and yes while we're on the subject we could discuss what may be the best interpretations to proceed from in terms of the future direction of pub

imo, pub should be trying as hard as it can to toe the line between being as competitive as possible while still keeping the spirit of TW alive. as it is, the scales are tilted far too much on the "newbie-tw-tk-levi-fest" side. there are many simple things that could be done to mitigate this:

for instance, if someone TKs more than 5 times within a 5 min span, they are locked in a fighter ship for 5 min - this is short amouht of time, but enuff to encourage players to be smarter with their bombs and mines. as it is now, ill have the same person TK me 20 times in a 10 min span... and im not exaggerating. people hardly get punished for it, and im not about to start sending ?cheater against every other jav and shark on my team, nor is most of the rest of the population

- the map could be DRASTICALLY improved.
      - remove STFU
      - it seems like the AFK system could be improved but perhaps it would take ASSS to get it where it should really be, im not sure
      - reduce mines to 2
      - cap the amount of WBs per freq - make them go to priv freq if they want to WB.

these are but a few examples of improvements that could be made

edit: Vehicles post highlights an important point... the shitshow that is pub actually deters cometitive TWL players from engaging with the game as much. they hate pub, they hate being tk'd every 5 seconds or bombed by levi, and unless TWBD is going (which is almost never these days), they dont get a chance to practice, and are probably logging onto the game less. If the amount of TKs, Levis, shark-balalnce-per-freq, etc., were better controlled it would allow for a much more consistenly competitive pub environment where the true core of our playbase - the TWL players - could enjoy and spend more time with

The Mind of the Father
      Of relentless Fire

Comment

Purepub is a racist institution and everyone knows it. "Keep Pub WB" lost the election. Getting a taste of diversity is going to cost you, DM me for deets... Smells are free. It is time to lower the cost of !lolnope and give reparations by spreading that sweet Purepub $$$s to the levis and kids of levis.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
          for instance, if someone TKs more than 5 times within a 5 min span, they are locked in a fighter ship for 5 min - this is short amouht of time, but enuff to encourage players to be smarter with their bombs and mines. as it is now, ill have the same person TK me 20 times in a 10 min span... and im not exaggerating. people hardly get punished for it, and im not about to start sending ?cheater against every other jav and shark on my team, nor is most of the rest of the population
          It’s actually a whole hour shiplock which is even more pathetic because the mods actually think that’s a serious punishment. Worse case you get banned for a whole day. Dear lord no.

Comment

Make lev cost money and fuck the 10 people who like it. It's for the greater good. Go Bernie!
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Whenever I get TKd I just jump into a Jav and start TKing back, I don't see what the problem is. lol
              Menomena: I thought you were joking when you said your name was Chris. lol
              Gripe: lol you too
              Menomena: ! I told you my name first

Slum> turb watches too much anime he going DBZ on you right now b

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                Make lev cost money and fuck the 10 people who like it. It's for the greater good. Go Bernie!
                ur sig is one of the funniest

Comment

Unstoppabl> ????
                  Unstoppabl> ELFEN CHANGE SHIPS
                  Reward: 200 points
                  Ace in Bas> want me to tk him?
                  TW-PubSyst> Player Wicked Mystic is now a terr. You may attach.
                  Unstoppabl> NO THANKS THOUGH
                  Ace in Bas> will tk for 500$

Comment

Sharks get 5 reps and 2 mines lets do it

The Mind of the Father
                    Of relentless Fire

Comment

Working...
                    X