Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim is resetting - Sunday, Nov 15 at 5pm EDT

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that Elim is finally resetting its ladders this Sunday at 5pm EDT, right after the TWDT draft. We apologize for the long season as we were in limbo for the direction in which Elim was to take. In the mean time, our goal is to make Elim active with ever-new features courtesy of Biet. For now, we are deciding to keep seasons 3 months in length, for a total of 4 resets per year. This reset will only last until January 15, 2021. We will be archiving the stats from this long season and any seasons from now on.

If there is any feedback of new or old features that you feel like could use a facelift or new direction, feel free to drop a message in-game or in forums and I'll try to make it happen given our limited time and resources.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

The only feature elim needs is a lower lag limit.

Comment

And an implementation of decay would be nice.

Comment

+1 decay
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Regarding decay, we will use this season to collect information about rating progression and see which players are hanging out near the top and for how long. This information will be used to determine if a decay system is needed and at what rates come January. Hopefully the shorter seasons will resolve the issues of inactive players at the top.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

can we get more shiny skins.
            2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

First day turnout looking good! 25-player matches, 55 in the arena. Elim!

If the first new season since the start of the year doesn't entice you, come check out BIET's new improvements. You may have seen his work in TWD, TWDT, and Pub.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

something odd was happening during one of the jav games. jr5 kept respawning in the WB portion of the map

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Thanks for mentioning that. jr5 was able to provide some information which should give us what's needed to fix the bug.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

If there is no res limits in elim there should be no res limits in twl, twdt nor twdd.

Mentally retarded sysops like qan can't grasp that information.
                    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I don't believe it's possible to implement a res cap in elim for only wb so unfortunately we just have to deal with it there unless I'm wrong.
                      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

It would be possible using the method that TWL uses, imposing it via bot.

Don't appreciate the insults, 2pac. You're acting pretty immature. Gather support to remove resolution limits. At current it seems most people are in favor of the fairly generous 1920x1200 limit.

Comment

no qan you deserve the insult because they had DONE this shit again repeat incidents, this is your fault for not remembering that there was res limits in place for twdd then twl was going on and guess what they removed it because people stopped playing its stupid your mentally retarded for not remembering WHY it was took off and then you guys do the dumb shit again, if I was you i'd retire because you clearly suck at managing tw and its server.
                          Last edited by 2pac; 11-17-2020, 11:43 PM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

You have a short memory: don't you remember who it was who lobbied to get you unbanned? That was me. Was that a bad decision? Only time will tell.

I ignored you in the game for the time being until you start talking like an adult. Quit PM-spamming people. Put together a decent case for your opinion. Gather support. It's very simple. You seem to have something to say there with the idea that it stops people from playing. Keep working on that, develop it.

If it makes any difference to you (it doesn't to me), I didn't lobby for the change or put it through. It's still what people seem to agree is for the best given the information they have, so I don't see any reason to veto it. Your job: convince people that it's not for the best. You seem to be under the very confused notion that I run Trench Wars and decide everything that goes on in it. I've tried for 15 years (with varying degrees of success) to make it more democratic. You have the ability to try to change just about anything in this game if you can get others to agree. It's not me or any other single individual you need to convince, but rather the community. If you'd like to get angry at someone, you can direct your anger at the community as a whole for not agreeing with you. That's not very productive, however, so as I suggested before: convince people that you're right. That is literally the only thing that can change things. And please try to do it without calling people retarded or sounding like you've been personally attacked, because I guarantee you that it's not exactly the right tone you need to strike to win people over.

Comment

Bro no one unbanned, no one helped okay i ve been netbanned by left eye and been abused by many staffers of your zone. you deserve the disrespect because you allow troll clowns like beam incharge of this stupidity I honestly wanna spit on your face.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                              X