To: Qan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Voth View Post

If it's not clear at this point, staff is 100% volunteer and are not compensated for their time or energy responding to these issues. The simple reality is that there will be plenty of rule violations that go unpunished day in and day out. We simply cannot keep up or have watchful eyes constantly with our manpower. This makes issues like this particularly dependent on people reporting them. I'm sure there are people daily who are told to go kill their self or similar - but the only ones I can punish are those a staffer catches or are reported to me. The violations that I don't know about are simply out of my control. I work. I sleep. I have a family. I don't know how to make it more clear than that.
    clearly singling out me because im a thug and I talk the most shit in tw, he don't like it when someone talks shit to him its personal thats why he banned me. No one asked you to volunteer scrub your not even a active staff member you only chime in couple times a week and dont even play the zone shut your power trip left_eye wannabe ass up. Also if it was reported then it was yesterday it takes staff 24 hours to ban me silly indeed. Your not active enough to see the violations then don't fucking staff? This aint about you anyway its about me and you power trip banning me for a month for being salty after getting verbally owned.
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post

clearly singling out me because im a thug and I talk the most shit in tw, he don't like it when someone talks shit to him its personal thats why he banned me. No one asked you to volunteer scrub your not even a active staff member you only chime in couple times a week and dont even play the zone shut your power trip left_eye wannabe ass up. Also if it was reported then it was yesterday it takes staff 24 hours to ban me silly indeed. Your not active enough to see the violations then don't fucking staff? This aint about you anyway its about me and you power trip banning me for a month for being salty after getting verbally owned.
      #thuglife

so street bro. enjoy the vaca!
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Best undeserved ass breath of TW history should change up that sig. This kid 33 years old with no life or skills to play this game with his slow reaction time go join the subspace retirement community. Go pet your cat and relax for the month when I'm back I'm gonna pound you another asshole.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

To try and wind this down a bit:

The specific rule against death threats and suicide is one of our newest, about a year old, and unlike some of our other offenses, does not include any kind of warning. It's an automatic zone ban.

We have a ban manual that is 38 pages long. We follow it. The suicide encouragement/death threats rule isn't a "marry your grandmother" kind of rule that's never enforced. There have been 10+ bans for this. We may not catch every case of this, but those we do see, we also enforce.

Toxicity in the game has become the norm. Trench Wars has typically taken an extremely hands-off approach to moderation. Yet we get complaints constantly to reign things back in. This is the compromise. It may not seem fair that we once did not ban for this and now do, but nonetheless we stick to a manual to enforce bans and we document each and every ban, with a review stage for each. The potential for moderator abuse is the lowest it's ever been in the history of the game. But that doesn't mean it doesn't occur.

That's why those who believe they've been treated unfairly are encouraged to write a formal complaint to twcomplaints@gmail.com. This email goes out to all sysops and every complaint is read and taken seriously.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Hoping someone dies and telling someone to die is two different things you fool your staff members can't even read what I wrote and banned me on the spot without even reading it and qan I wouldn't have been banned had this tucker kid not pm me during jav match that I was playing with my team and I told him to go fuck off that's why he banned me it wasn't for telling a non staff and the shittest player ixdor I hope he dies.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Also I sent an email I don't think tw staff will change the ban they are known abusers and have the most bans of any zone

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

2pac I am unsure what's provoked you to target me in and out of game but I hope that we can come to a resolution so that important staff like Qan--can get back to working on important things to improve the zone rather than deal with your e-mails and forum disruptions that are just unnecessary time sinks.

I don't know what's going on with you 2pac, I thought you were kind of a friend up until lately and I am very sorry for whatever it was I did to you to make you behave in this manner.

I've have not said anything bad to you or instigated you that I am aware of--I've tried to be hands off and deescalating hoping you'd just calm down and we could move forward but the attacks from you have only increased these last few days.

I also was not apart of the resolution poll, that was all Beam though I was very adamant about it as you know. I wasn't aware of it until everyone else was aware of it and am not apart of that at all--or responsible for enforcing resolution limits.

I am sorry you got banned--it was not my intentions and from what I've read here you have only yourself to blame for it so maybe this is something you can reflect on and learn from.

So you know, all I wanted was for you to tone it down and not squad pm telling my friends that I should off myself. That's it. I was willing to look aside the ?messages, the spamming and your forum responses.

I am hoping we can put this behind us and move forward like adults and end this petty drama soap opera.

If you are hurting or looking for attention, this is not the manner in which to get it.

I went through a similar phase myself when I lost family members I was close to a couple years ago and began drinking heavily. I lashed out at staff and friends I've known for years out of the blue just like you are doing to me because I was hurting inside. Trust me, it's only going to make things worse. Last thing you need to do is ruin the game you love or friendships you've built because you're hurt inside.

And 2pac, if this is the case, just talk to us--your subspace buds. We will listen and we are here for you. You won't get anywhere acting like this other than more time away from a game I know you love.

Please consider just calming down, moving on and enjoying some 2d spaceships.

And again, I have no idea what I did to you but whatever it is, I am sorry and hope we can just go on our separate ways?

Let's just stop this nonsense please.

Comment

Ight im gonna be ez on you bud you seem like you need some lovin. I'm sad that you decided to make res threads after I've helped you and your squads and when you borrowed I accepted and dropped 20 kills every time with ur squad to help you guys win and get up in the ladder. If you borrowed me for dd games and wanted my help I wouldn't ever imagine you'd go against my playstyle or my resolution limit or even decide creating a topic about limiting it after me helping you and I'm sure you voted for res limits. Beam told me you were integral part of dd changes so that is why i said all that shit to you on game and forum was a miscommunication

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                    Beam told me you were integral part of dd changes so that is why i said all that shit to you on game and forum was a miscommunication
                    false
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

false
                      Beam the scapegoat of this tbh, I slammed him with res caps and he went 3-10. Honestly there is no need for resolution limits in twdd at all, people should be able to choose whatever resolution, ship graphics, graphics settings. The game has so many options for it and has the ability to resize your res should be fair as the game client allows it, the zone said in question shouldn't limit it.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I stand with qan and voth.
                        fu

Comment

The mistake here is still allowing 2pacz to post on the forum.

Comment

How is 2pacz behavior even being defended by Vehicle? That is Just as egregious. No—Voth did the right thing. In fact, the real concern is if it is happening more frequently, then we need more bans not that this should be ”okay” as what Vehicle was alluding to. There should be no tolerance on these types of things. Just look at the way he talks in all of his messages—counseling would be my suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                              To try and wind this down a bit:

It may not seem fair that we once did not ban for this and now do, but nonetheless we stick to a manual to enforce bans and we document each and every ban, with a review stage for each. The potential for moderator abuse is the lowest it's ever been in the history of the game. But that doesn't mean it doesn't occur.

That's why those who believe they've been treated unfairly are encouraged to write a formal complaint to twcomplaints@gmail.com. This email goes out to all sysops and every complaint is read and taken seriously.
                              Oh, it seems more than fair. Harmless trolling, I am fine with. But when you are wishing death to other people on this game? I am sorry, draw the line. Mental health is an issue for a lot of people. To even give that person that suggestion is wrong on so many levels becase you don’t know that person or their struggles. Kudos to staff for not looking the other way. Clean this shit up.

Comment

this is my hill and im gonna die on it. byaaahhh

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X