No announcement yet.

Pub Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people want to play TWBD then they would go to the base arena. Let people have their fun and tell the elitist haters to plug it up with a tampon and grow the fuck up already

also get rid of roofturrets and make Thor’s cheaper thx

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
      If people want to play TWBD then they would go to the base arena. Let people have their fun and tell the elitist haters to plug it up with a tampon and grow the fuck up already

also get rid of roofturrets and make Thor’s cheaper thx
      I know this is the prevailing opinion but I disagree.

What has keeping pub a safe space for fucking off gotten us in the past however many years? Fewer and fewer players. I think overall zone activity would improve if pub and TWD were somehow closer aligned. Specifically from a basing perspective, where it would obviously be most beneficial, having 'pick up' basing games would be great. It's what pub used to be.

Pub in its current state is a place for the same 12 people to be racist towards each other while a dozen other people intermittently pop in to play a game. Keep the bot !buys, keep the tk tax, keep the cost of shark mines (how is that even a thread?), ban the levi, standardize damage, add a toggleable !warp command that warps players into mid base on every spawn, bring TWEL to pub.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Too lazy to back track previous comments. Things I would like changed with the current pub settings.

- Remove rockets from jav. It's literally only there for players to lame.

- Slow down the speed of sharks shrap. It's already a 1 hit kill. Slow that shit down!

- Remove shield as a buy item.

- Make the brick buy item a smaller brick.

- Give terrs 2 portals. They're an important part of a team, when there is no attachmode. With the new map setup, it would improve game play.

- Fix the openings on the flagroom, especially the roof. It's designed for players to lame from the roof without fear of being shot from within. (Only when the map is a certain size) Way too common these days for someone to jav line from the roof.

- Reopen the middle of the base. When there's no time left and you're coming from spawn; if you're a good terr, you used to be able to make a last push at fr. As long as you could make it through the entrance clean without bouncing off the wall. Now you have to go off to the side, wasting important time. Even going side/tunnels is harder to maneuver.

- Decrease price of festival or increase average games jackpot.

- Add a buy item to prevent private freqs.

Side topic:
        Hire some new mods/event hosts! Figure out a trustworthy/active player who is there for the people.

Comment

this map will def lose a few players since it isn't conducive to base play at all. Spawners paradise, and then you gotta go through gauntlet of main tube. It won't kill the game, but it ain't gonna help.

Comment

New map is great. As previously stated by myself if people wanted to base they would ?go base. Pub should be about creatively finding ways to make it fun. You can be a flag fag, you can goof around in spawn, you can be a Mexican roofer, a stealth little person, or just lob bombs from a Levi and the warp away when engaged like a coward bitch

Comment

Hell yeah I'ma warp away. I don't want to die and I have loose morals. At least I know I am bad Funnier when all these wbs think they so good then they clear mines by warping, or warp before dying too. No one complaining about that? For every time that I am in base and warp to not die, there is at least 1 "normy" ship that do the same. Good input, but maybe you need to look in the mirror
              and yeah, people can ?go base, they can also ?go duel or something. What is your point. Pub doesn't have critical mass to support good base and good spawn duels.

Since some ain't understanding this, let me repeat cause maybe it will sink in eventually. While everything else you mentioned is annoying to vets, spawning is a special kind of cowardice. It used to be called negging in every other zone and was the ultimate low. The difference is this is physical negging (bring far away from team in a team game) vs bounty. As stated previously while spawn fights are fun, they are inherently anti community. They support no common goal for people to rally behind, and completely kill the base game cause they imbalance teams. There is also zero chance of anyone coming back to play the game or bring new players when they get spacewar'd or poke squad'd or SPAWNSTIC'd in spawn. Spawning is worse than afk on pub freq. Same people who complain about Lev being noob ship think siting in spawn killing "noobs" is pr0. People need to get real about their skills. Again, a real pr0 can kill all of the "annoying" ships in base. Takes a special type of special to think they are pr0 cause they can only do it in spawn. Takes an even more type of special "pr0" to stalk folks by getting on their freq, getting intentionally tk'd, or repping mines into them, or even physically threatening people irl. What type of pr0 are you again? Are you a real pr0 or some one who has problems killing people outside of spawn
              Further, why you gotta call roofers Mexicans. Every country has roofs and not all Mexicans are roofers. And anyone can be dum enough to go on a roof, Mexican or not. You won't catch me on a roof, that's for damn sure. Maybe a roof top bar in Malaysia with a $$$'d benefactor but that's about it, even then, they better have an elevator straight to the top. None of this walk up to the patio bullshit
              Last edited by Lizzo; 07-26-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X