Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello TW friends!

Hello TW friends!
    Just a quick update, slowly but surely I am clawing my way back to being a somewhat ‘normal’ human being. Stage 4 cancer has now been in full remission for almost 3 years although still on dialysis. Over the last few weeks, I am making trips out to Duke and going through the kidney transplant ‘listing’ process. This involves everything from educational classes (WFT, drive three and a half hours each way just to sit in hours of Zoom classes???), to endless tests, CAT scans, PET scans, stress tests, (WTF do they need 22 tubes of blood for???), to sitting with their financial people and getting cost estimates (WTF, $440,000 for a kidney transplant!!!).

After all of this I can offer one piece of advice, when you are young and before you marry anyone ask them the most important question… what is your blood type? That way and years down the road you will have a way to harvest any organ you might need!

There is one issue with me getting a transplant, since I was part of the first group of people to be ‘cured’ of this type cancer with immunotherapy, they have no idea what will happen if I get a transplant and then take the required immunosuppressant drugs (the immunotherapy chemo supercharged my immune system and this would get reversed with the transplant immunosuppressant drugs). They only have 3 other people who have done this so far but screw it, I am going for it. Someone has to be among the first group to find out what happens and I am weary of dialysis (over 7 years now).

And when they call with an available kidney I have to get to the hospital within 6 hours so I convinced my wife that we need some ‘rapid transit’. So I just brought home a new car…
    2021 Honda Civic Type R!
    Eph

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	826.1 KB ID:	1354440

Glad to hear you're on the road to a full recovery eph! Stay strong!
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Nice to hear from you, what a car, wish you the best on your road to recovery.
      TWDTJ Champion Fall Season 2022 (6.5 *)

Comment

Hey Eph, appreciate the update and wish you all the best. You are a legend

-wbm

Comment

Hey Eph, really happy and glad to hear you're doing well! The new wheels look mean too! : )
          "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
          • Shark
          • Dicer
          • Sager
          • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

wow Eph outlived TW.
            Nice car

Comment

You da man Eph. My buddy who has a corvette swears the spoiler on his makes it faster, so that car must be a beast.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Stay strong G!
                Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                Your friend,
                ​​Papi
                ​​​​​

Comment

This is the best kind of update, pm me if you are interested in flame decals for even more speed.

Comment

Big Eph, happy to hear from you again brodie.. Stay strong $
                    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Hell yeah, always love getting these updates from you 💪
                      J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                      8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Great to hear you're doing well Eph, you've been on quite the journey.

That's incredible that you were one of the first people to do well with immunotherapy, so happy for you! Good luck with the transplant and keep us updated!

Comment

This is amazing news! I love Type R's - you made a great choice going black on black. It'll be fun to drive and a head turner for sure

Comment

Dec 2022 Update - In July of this year I got a kidney transplant, the new kidney is working great. I am blessed to no longer have to go to dialysis, the rejection meds kind of suck and have caused drug induced diabetes but daily injections and fist full of other drugs is better than dialysis. After 7 years of dialysis I do not miss it getting up at 4AM and being chained to the damn chair for 4-5 hours every other day.
                            Eph

Edit: Type R worked great, I think I set the land speed record getting to Duke when they called and said they had a kidney for me.

Comment

Great to hear, Eph!
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X