No announcement yet.

Poseidon Continues His Haphazard Efforts to Resuce Pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you just give me $$$s to compensate the time wasted reading this mess

Comment

ya there you go, stick to begging.

anyways, a point i wanted to mention about terrs and attachmode:

there is much incentive to play terr during attachmode because theres prob about 3x the amount of greens being eaten, meaning 3x the amount of bursts, potentially meaning 3x the amount of kills for a terrier, ya?

The Mind of the Father
      Riding on the subtle guiders
      Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
      Of relentless Fire

Comment

maybe if nothing else this thread can serve as a log for anytime a pub game is seen destroyed by levi(s):

-Last night game went from 14v14 to 3v3 in 5 minutes in the midst of a non-stop levi barrage

-For the second time today I witness levis ruin pub. This time player TenTive Bail noting: "TenTive > it turned into a base game determined by who got killed by the spray-and-pray levs. arena emptied out"

this happens nearly every time i play pub, eventually. so expect a busy thread.

The Mind of the Father
        Of relentless Fire

Comment

People leave when Poseidon is in pub, surprise

Comment

itt lizzo loses what little credibility she had remaining

The Mind of the Father
            Of relentless Fire

Comment

quick saggestion..feel free 2 ignore or reject....maybe we take the whole pub (with everyone inside) and we push it off cliff? Just SpitBalling. Again..feel free to ignored/raject.
              4:BigKing> xD
              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
              4:BigKing> what did i do???
              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
              4:BigKing> ???? why though
              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
                if there is a legit and competitive game of pub happening people are still going to be attaching mainly to the terr given they are decent, simply because they are the ones staying safe and they become in charge of dropping people in the optimal locations. Plus a lot of people are lazy and simply dont want to change their tick to another name. Ports and bursts are very powerful.
                Ok lets take teams of 8 fighterships vs 7 fighters and a terr. I'd say team with 8 fighters will win with 95% probability. When attachmode is on, terr is just a weak link and a loss in firepower. Good luck with spamming bursts and acrobating vs 5 wbs etc. It is simply just better to anchor with a fighter. Also, you seem to completely ignoring the few quite a big problems with attachmode, which are DOA's and EMP's on attach. I think those are main reasons why many get frustrated pretty quick and leave or stop basing. Its just not fun to die 10 times in row or to be repeatedly emped for 10 secs right after attach or detach. Another, indirect problem is the lack of team communication which leads into spending your time scrolling the names whos in fr or mid.

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
                nor do you often see much variance in the number of Terrs in the game, regardless of mode.
                Yeah because terr is not needed anymore.

An in-game "what makes you quit?" -inquiry would address some of the problems in pub. Ofc it would get joke answers too but still worth it imo. Your suggestion is basically just to vote yes/no for your idea without asking any opinions. One solution could be to have attachmode and classicmode -rounds automatically in turns (in classicmode the shop turned off, or maybe a voting for on/off). If round time is 3 mins, waiting for the other mode wouldnt be too long. This system would bring some competition to pub terring and also indicate which mode is more popular. I like the classic one because its more composed and you know who to attach.

About the levs. I see a bunch of ppl sitting in fr and complaining about levs while a lev is floating free in midbase and bombing them without anyone even trying to kill it. Its weird to me how ppl dont see the levs approaching midbase/fr and get surprised by them. You have a radar and you're probably on some 4k res anyway. Fixing the "lev problem" would be pretty simple: Just put some walls in midbase and roof. Make it harder for them to bomb fr.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                  quick saggestion..feel free 2 ignore or reject....maybe we take the whole pub (with everyone inside) and we push it off cliff? Just SpitBalling. Again..feel free to ignored/raject.
                  completely understandable given the current state of things

however, where you see a burden, i see a light

i feel two simple changes could bring about a real change in your attitude:
                  - anybody who wants to talk politics goes to pub2 or gets banned
                  - remove the whole mass of bullshit that prevents pub from being the bustling corridor of high-action competition that it is yearning to become

----

with that said, id like to continue my levi-log:

today at 1:30pst it is obvious to anyone looking that the levi terr featuring "Stinging Metal" + "kthman" strangled and then quickly squashed the game that had gone from 3v3 to 6v6 within 5 min, only to return back to nothing 5 min later when it became apparent that the leviterr was not only indiscriminately blowing up everyone in the flagroom, but taking up 2/6 spots on freq 1.

The Mind of the Father
                  Of relentless Fire

Comment

haphazarded

Comment

The nerfing of levs is the reason why pub has died. Ok not really, but I'm a little sour for any changes.

Pub map used to be sick for LTs. Hidden shots through asteroids all throughout the map. The newly hatched Levi had to squirm her fat larvae ass through the thick of mid battlefield long enough to earn 20 greens and attach to not just anyone, but a competent Terr who would not waste all her efforts.

It takes one well placed bullet to destroy a lev. Nearly all the perks of being a lev have already been nerfed. Go kill it? Why even have a ship 4 of you want to annihilate it. Everyone should just fly ship 3 right? 50 wbs in base ruin terring too, let's go ahead and nerf that too, or pump up Terr. Nah, you know you'll get too much push back. The levs are quiet, so you can bully em

Terr now useless with attachmode, people whining about max sharks, no levs. Wzl and lanc already suck ass. What ships do we really have anymore? 1, 2, 3? What a zone.

Nothing ever killed a zone faster than there being too many cooks in the kitchen. There's already been more changes to pub in the last few years than I can remember in it's entire history. The game style has changed with a reduced population and some changes may be necessary to accommodate, trying to stay open minded, but this just sounds like whining cuz you got killed by a lev.

Anyway Poseidon I admire your commitment to pub revival. I've got some hopes and ideas, maybe we can collab and work out something useful. Til then
                      Find me bombing your bitch ass from my Levi pipsqueak
                      1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
                      1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
                      1:Sir Spider> at least on me
                      1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

Hot take: Lancs are a stronger anchor than a terr during mid-sized games with attachmode.
                        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                        Message has been sent to online moderators
                        2:BLeeN> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>no
                        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                        2:BLeeN> ok then no
                        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Which is insane to comprehend that this zone has become more comparable to something like a slow passed Devastation - the fact you used the word "Anchor" for TW notes a huge departure from traditional TW, the single attachable ship or "dep" as hello kitty would ref MG to is characteristic of tw. Not only does this departure undermine classic tw, but relaxed rules inhibit any oncoming players development to twd competition. What's next, attachmode in twbd lol
                          1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
                          1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
                          1:Sir Spider> at least on me
                          1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

What's next, attachmode in twbd lol
                            I regret to inform you that we have already played attachmode in twbd

Giorno Giovanna

Comment

Attachmode is alright but that’s not what creates great games or more competition, it’s good festivals and prime gaming hours when Americans get off work.

i play a lot of pub and levi only gets annoying when people are locked in to winning flag. Most levis aren’t on a terrier and usually are easy kills. Lizzo is one of my frequent victims whenever I care to venture out to kill her.

Attachmode is great sometimes but not always necessary. You can have great games without attachmode and some competent terrs. People just get frustrated when the terr has a hard time staying alive and they lose. I don’t think longer games = better. Lizzo is right, poseidon just plays 1 ship and just wants pub to be his personal sand box

Comment

Levis are trash
                                They kill any of my desire to play in pub I just leave and go to other arenas the moment I get lamed by 1 thats miles away from the base.. skillless af

Its a shame too because thats where I'd like to prac jav/ter/shark more

Comment

Working...
                                X