Simple question for those running the zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple question for those running the zone

What is your greater priority for Trench Wars and pub?

1. Maintain the same sluggish and dispersed gameplay which has made pub a joke for most the past 20+ years, thereby stifling growth of zone

2. Figure out which pub dynamics yield highest population and zone activity

Would you rather cater to the vocal minority trying to cling to the past, or to increased activity?

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

obviously i cannot contain myself so ill just cut to the chase:

1. If you'd rather cling to the past at the expense of clear improvements to bolster population, I think I can speak for solid majority of the zone when I say: Please give up your position of power to someone who isnt an absolute lobster

2. If you'd prefer to see increased actvitiy: Help me to figure out wherein lies the cognitive or perceptual dissonance inhibiting you from realizing the devastating fallout caused by the presence of the Leviathan.

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

Comment

Their (qan's) priority is to respect the rights of the trolls who fill pub chat with political crap constantly.
      That's the main reason most players don't want to play pub.

Comment

I will speak from two positions
        1) To abominate poseidon's stance; A stance that likens those zones with hopes of bolstering a '16" population. This isn't the kind of place your suggestions are desired. This decades old relic is not the place for your hip shot suggestions to nerf one ship, game mode, or another. This is, at the least, an environment not fully utilized by it's current inactivity, and at most, crippled by the new inplementations made by the naive and impressionable staff of the day, coerced by your incessant begging, whining, and rants of unfairness. Kindly shut the fuck up until you assess a truly effective solution
        1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
        1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
        1:Sir Spider> at least on me
        1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          Their (qan's) priority is to respect the rights of the trolls who fill pub chat with political crap constantly.
          That's the main reason most players don't want to play pub.
          Actually levi's are a huge reason a lot of people don't play pub (and the reason some do).
          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

yeah i'd say levis are the #2 reason
            afks #3 reason

Comment

I agree, as well, that levis are a problem. As Poseidon and a few others have mentioned in the past, I've seen many times that pub dies down substantially when there are levis (witnessed it again a couple days ago). There is like 1 player against our opinions on levis and that's because he ONLY plays that ship and refuses to play any another ship... which kills team dynamics for basing.

I haven't seen previous suggestions so I'll just list a few I was thinking of which may or may not require much dev work:

1. [low-medium dev work] automatic pure-pub after pub freq size (or playing players size) reaches X amount (either an upper or lower threshold, whatever makes sense)
              2. [low dev work] reduce # of levis per team or per game based on playing players size. AFAIK, there was a similar feature implemented on sharks awhile back. Implementing this for levi should be next to none in terms of dev efforts
              3. [very low dev work] nerf levi more so they are killable faster.. the base warps & attach mode make it safer for levis to enter mid-base now (players are no longer at the bottom of base) so utility items should be removed or heavily reduced. 100% remove the portal. Reduce the reps or remove it all. BIET

P.S. shoutout to that one aliased player (DeaDFisHy, Sprocky, etc) who plays pub 20 hours a day and continuously makes new names every hour between those times to make it seem like there are more players in this game than there actually is.
              Last edited by eevee12; 09-18-2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Funny how people "notice" pop go down when Lev there. I notice the opposite many times, usually pop goes down just cause game over and it's time for 2nd dinner. More often pop goes up when poseidon rage quits

Comment

Idea: Somebody organize a pub olympics week or month rewarding players with pubbux for things like "most pub wins", "most killrace wins", "most lotto wins", etc, whatever is easy to track and reward. It will incentivize us pubnerds to pub more, and more pub people is more fun.
                  pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

Originally posted by squirtle17 View Post
                    Idea: Somebody organize a pub olympics week or month rewarding players with pubbux for things like "most pub wins", "most killrace wins", "most lotto wins", etc, whatever is easy to track and reward. It will incentivize us pubnerds to pub more, and more pub people is more fun.
                    ^^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X