• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemeral
    Unless someone can figure out a way to grant MVP to reward TEAMPLAY
    It's called winning the game.
    sage

Comment

I think you missed my point. It's a team game, or is supposed to be.

Taken from the TW web site...
      "Welcome to SSCU Trench Wars, an exciting team-based game platform."

"Primarily created as a team-based flagging game..."

"Your primary mission in Trench Wars is to help your team..."

Therefore it is my opinion that any MVP should be primarily based upon team play, not individual play. As such, see my previous statement.
      Wait a minute there... if your argument is that TW is first and foremost a team game, then your opinion should be that there shouldn't be an MVP. Those two concepts are polar opposites. If you want to decide MVP based on team play then by definition you shouldn't be able to come up with one player. If you're using those arguments to show that a player on a losing team shouldn't be MVP, then someone else can use the exact same arguments to show that there shouldn't even be an MVP at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
        Wait a minute there... if your argument is that TW is first and foremost a team game, then your opinion should be that there shouldn't be an MVP. Those two concepts are polar opposites. If you want to decide MVP based on team play then by definition you shouldn't be able to come up with one player. If you're using those arguments to show that a player on a losing team shouldn't be MVP, then someone else can use the exact same arguments to show that there shouldn't even be an MVP at all.
        TK, please read up two posts. I say, "Unless someone can figure out a way to grant MVP to reward TEAMPLAY, I say get rid of it."

I know of no way, other than a human watching and making this kind of judgement call, that this could be done through stats or code logic. But I was leaving the door open in case my deep and incredible intelligence had missed something that you guys could come up with. LOL
        Last edited by Ephemeral; 08-09-2004, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I believe a large detour has taken part in this thread. There are two different styles of MVP, duel and base. I was discussing the duel MVP formula, and I am certain the posters before me were discussing duel MVP too (not base).

I would advise taking the base MVP ideas to a seperate thread and duel MVP discussions remain here.

Comment

MVP shouldn't be a surprise after game, it should be something wich makes the game more competitive, with a clear goal as MVP I think this is possible.

EDIT: Oh yah, the "Perfect MVP" you want is simply not possible, there is no need for eighter.
            Last edited by Sumpson; 08-09-2004, 01:08 PM.
            Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
              I believe a large detour has taken part in this thread. There are two different styles of MVP, duel and base. I was discussing the duel MVP formula, and I am certain the posters before me were discussing duel MVP too (not base).

I would advise taking the base MVP ideas to a seperate thread and duel MVP discussions remain here.
              I couldn't tell if the thread starter (triceratops) was referring to Base and/or Dual. I am sorry if I caused any confusion, I'll shut up now.

Comment

I think you missed my point. It's a team game, or is supposed to be.

Taken from the TW web site...
                "Welcome to SSCU Trench Wars, an exciting team-based game platform."

"Primarily created as a team-based flagging game..."

"Your primary mission in Trench Wars is to help your team..."

Therefore it is my opinion that any MVP should be primarily based upon team play, not individual play. As such, see my previous statement.

what is baseball?
                basketball?
                football?

etc

team sports....they have mvps

and last year arod was mvp and his team sucked so it really doesnt matter
                violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone

what is baseball?
                  basketball?
                  football?
                  etc
                  team sports....they have mvps
                  and last year arod was mvp and his team sucked so it really doesnt matter
                  And they give MVP's for every game? No, they do not. Those sports (at least most) have MVP based upon voting at the end of the season (usually voting by fans or sportswriters). So I guess I am missing your point on how voting for a league MVP at the end of a season in these professional sports relates to giving out a MVP during every on-line game.
                  Last edited by Ephemeral; 08-09-2004, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Damnit I will

btw: Duel MVP should be (Kills - Deaths) - (spawn kills) = MVP score
                    DELETED

Comment

MVP should always be the guy with the best Wins minus Losses.
                      So much for my dreams of being shark mvp.
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

Working...
                      X