The shark problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shark problem

Anyone with a brain can probably understand that sharks can easily ruin the remainings of the fun in pub, specially when theres not many playing. The bigger games ends almost every time to one team having like 5 sharks repping on flag which is completely ridiculous and shameful ending for a long intense fr battle.

Here is some of the problems:

- Used much only for trolling purposes.
    - Too easy to win with, too abusable.
    - Everything getting repped makes it kinda frustrating.
    - Random explosions caused by reps.
    - Random repped bullets, bursts etc.
    - Random shraps. Repped shraps.
    - Causing random non-skill related chaos in fr.
    - Forcing you to shark, shark or lose = snowball effect.
    - OP shrap. Too ez to buy or green up more shraps.
    - Emps. Emps after emps. Emps on attaches.
    - Deaths on attaches caused by reps and mines, explosions etc.
    - Looks ugly and is terrible to play with.
    - Most who plays with it seem to be somehow retarded and annoying personalities.
    - Reason for death of twd basing because no one wants to play with it.

All this shit could be prevented by locking sharks until teams are big enough and progressively allowing 1 shark per team when teams are 8vs8, 2 per team when its 16vs16 and so forth.

BTW.. Old lev or LT's were never a problem. Problem was sharks protecting them and incapable crybabies who dont have enough skills to kill them and avoid their bombs.

BTW2. Powered ball causes a lot more damage and tks than old lev. Much of this is caused by (again) sharks reps and mines. Ballpower should def be buyblockable and last a lot shorter time.
    "Studies show that people diagnosed with Internet gaming disorder are more likely to be aggressive, depressed, and anxious. The main mechanism that leads to those comorbidities is their inability to regulate and control their emotions, such as anger, sadness, fear, or other emotions."

Agree with much of this ^. The issue in Pub is there are too many fast-moving ships who have repels. It isn't only the sharks. .you have weasles and levs too with repels who all can rebuy or collect repel greens to stock back ups. It literally becomes a fight where up to 50% of players have reps which is absurd lol. It's hilarious if you think about it.. in a bad way .. Pub is meant to be fun but if the quality of the competition is completely broken during basing games because of reps, it should be fixed.. and it is broken.

We need shark limits and lev and weasles imo should lose all reps in their current state. Old levs were slow and ALWAYS spawned below bar outside of base so it wasn't ruining basing like this. Weasle as I remember had ZERO trajectory on the single lil white bullet it shot. it was like a bullet mine lol. These ships are too op now. Also limit sharks to max 3 with completely full games say over 12 vs 12 and allow 2 sharks only for 8 vs 8 to 11 vs 11 games and allow 1 shark for 7 vs 7 and under.

In general reps are the most broken feature in this game because there are like 4 separate realities that take place when bombs, mines bullets and shrap are repelled. Nothing like having 8 bombs repped and one guy dodges on his connection but the server rules it as an eat so everyone around him dies. It's hilarious how the game dynamics work when it comes to death by repel. Weird weird stuff and it has always seemed awful to me lol.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Yesterday a 30+ mins 12vs12 game was ended by a bunch of sharks repping everyone and everything away from flag. Reducing the game into a 4vs4. After that pub was pretty much dead rest of the night (saturday night). It was fun and growing until like half of the teams started, or was forced to shark. Speaking of growing, there should be one more size bigger fr. Games could reach even 20vs20 if sharks were limited.
      "Studies show that people diagnosed with Internet gaming disorder are more likely to be aggressive, depressed, and anxious. The main mechanism that leads to those comorbidities is their inability to regulate and control their emotions, such as anger, sadness, fear, or other emotions."

Comment

Originally posted by Subspacer2001 View Post
        Anyone with a brain can probably understand that sharks can easily ruin the remainings of the fun in pub, specially when theres not many playing. The bigger games ends almost every time to one team having like 5 sharks repping on flag which is completely ridiculous and shameful ending for a long intense fr battle.

- Most who plays with it seem to be somehow retarded and annoying personalities.

All this shit could be prevented by locking sharks until teams are big enough and progressively allowing 1 shark per team when teams are 8vs8, 2 per team when its 16vs16 and so forth.

BTW.. Old lev or LT's were never a problem. Problem was sharks protecting them and incapable crybabies who dont have enough skills to kill them and avoid their bombs.

BTW2. Powered ball causes a lot more damage and tks than old lev. Much of this is caused by (again) sharks reps and mines. Ballpower should def be buyblockable and last a lot shorter time.
        So you're sort of messing with the inherent checks of the game at this point as the developers intended.

Creators of SSCU Trench wars designed the zone and watched it flourish as a result of the inherent balance of strengths and weaknesses for each ship. Each ship has its strength and weaknesses which can be accentuated based on where you are.

Outside of the base, sharks are nearly useless and most ships can overpower them. Spawn, lower base, midbase area, etc. Inside the actual flagroom is where they have are the most powerful. However, even then they are still vulnerable. Sharks cannot bullet and can launch a slow moving bomb only in ideal circumstances (strictly full energy). A shark's primary foe in the flagroom is the spider. Someone shooting strong bullets at them at a rapid rate requiring them to use reps. You should reconsider how you view this game.

Do not lock sharks. Do not mess with the fundamentals of the game. And if all else fails and you're absolutely unable to continue...you have an actual bailout strategy that has worked for many: you can shove it up ur dikhole bud

thanks! Haha See you in the Trenches ! :-O) (honk honk). Tickle me I Smile
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
          So you're sort of messing with the inherent checks of the game at this point as the developers intended.
          Nope, it's not me who is messing with them. Developers probably never intended or imagined that sharks are going to be used like this.

Creators of SSCU Trench wars designed the zone and watched it flourish as a result of the inherent balance of strengths and weaknesses for each ship. Each ship has its strength and weaknesses which c.
          Bla bla

Creators of SSCU Trench Wars didn't design things like attachmode or ballpower, which you can't !buyblock, which both last for 30 mins.

Sharks cannot bullet and can launch a slow moving bomb
          They have fast moving, one-hit kill shraps which shoots in multiple directions and an option to attach each other.

You should reconsider how you view this game.
          Well, in my view there is something wrong if sharks can literally kill the game and make ppl stop playing. And that indeed happens almost every time when i play pub..Do you even pub bro?

Do not mess with the fundamentals of the game.
          Fundamentals of TW are already quite badly messed. Terrier, the anchor ship in basing, is basically useless now and the new leviathan is a fkn joke. Not to mention weasels which can't cloak or even stealth anymore.

Comment

Nope, it's not me who is messing with them. Developers probably never intended or imagined that sharks are going to be used like this.

Bla bla

Creators of SSCU Trench Wars didn't design things like attachmode or ballpower, which you can't !buyblock, which both last for 30 mins.

They have fast moving, one-hit kill shraps which shoots in multiple directions and an option to attach each other.

Well, in my view there is something wrong if sharks can literally kill the game and make ppl stop playing. And that indeed happens almost every time when i play pub..Do you even pub bro?

Fundamentals of TW are already quite badly messed. Terrier, the anchor ship in basing, is basically useless now and the new leviathan is a fkn joke. Not to mention weasels which can't cloak or even stealth anymore.

Who would have ever guessed that developers of a ship with reps in a basing/flag room strategy game intended for it to be used to rep inside the base for flag room strategy games? I am shooketh
            J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
            8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post

Who would have ever guessed that developers of a ship with reps in a basing/flag room strategy game intended for it to be used to rep inside the base for flag room strategy games? I am shooketh
              Click image for larger version

Name:	facepalm1.PNG
Views:	409
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1365349

It was probably made for mining main tube and goofing around in midbase etc. Not having 4-6+ of them attach-camping on flag making a practically inpenetrable wall of reps. It also was made before 8vs8 leagues and before ppl made custom keys and optimized cheat gfx for it.

Comment

ok but water u waring
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Sharks are annoying but not game breaking. in smaller games peer pressure can often persuade players to change from shark to another ship. bringing in a new rule just for sharks might cause other problems, if the team has a bad shark for example it might annoy other team members who think they could do better.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Originally posted by god is dead View Post
                    Sharks are annoying but not game breaking.
                    They definitely are game breaking. I have seen this happening 1000's of times.

in smaller games peer pressure can often persuade players to change from shark to another ship.
                    Usually its the opposite. One shark makes just more ppl to shark. In smaller games sharks are not needed and are just an unnecessary burden / annoyance.

bringing in a new rule just for sharks might cause other problems, if the team has a bad shark for example it might annoy other team members who think they could do better.
                    Not really a problem. You can ram the few mines at entrance or flag. You can win games without sharks. Ofc this depends how many enemy sharks there are. As i said in the first post, its too many sharks what causes the problems.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.
                    Not in this case.

Comment

They definitely are game breaking. I have seen this happening 1000's of times.
                      But I am sure you have also seen thousands of great games with sharks that arent 15 v 15 as well.

Sometimes sharks are more annoying than other times, one of these times would be only if one side has a shark in a small game.

However don't forget there are still routes into base, for example with a weasel, or just a straightforward ram, or even lagging through mines - and doesn't ship 6 has a repel as well?

Usually its the opposite. One shark makes just more ppl to shark. In smaller games sharks are not needed and are just an unnecessary burden / annoyance.
                      Putting limits on sharks will feel like a rule change to punish all because of one or two shark addicts

A further worry is that if you say put in this limit of sharks then I think you will see MORE sharks in smaller games because teams might look to max out their shark limit.

This is why I say, be careful what you wish for.
                      Last edited by god is dead; 02-02-2024, 06:32 PM.

Comment

The "put limits on sharks" thing was done before. Obvs it wasn't good enough to become permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by god is dead View Post

But I am sure you have also seen thousands of great games with sharks that arent 15 v 15 as well.
                          1:1000 maybe.

Sometimes sharks are more annoying than other times, one of these times would be only if one side has a shark in a small game.
                          That wouldn't be a problem in a limit system i suggested.

However don't forget there are still routes into base, for example with a weasel, or just a straightforward ram, or even lagging through mines - and doesn't ship 6 has a repel as well?
                          Show me a route through 3 or more sharks repping on flag when attachmode is on and it is basically always on.

A further worry is that if you say put in this limit of sharks then I think you will see MORE sharks in smaller games because teams might look to max out their shark limit.
                          That wouldn't be a problem in a limit system i suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                            The "put limits on sharks" thing was done before. Obvs it wasn't good enough to become permanent.
                            Maybe they should reconsider it. It's kind of a new game now with attachmode and ballpower.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post

Creators of SSCU Trench wars designed the zone and watched it flourish as a result of the inherent balance of strengths and weaknesses for each ship. Each ship has its strength and weaknesses which can be accentuated based on where you are.

Outside of the base, sharks are nearly useless and most ships can overpower them. Spawn, lower base, midbase area, etc. Inside the actual flagroom is where they have are the most powerful. However, even then they are still vulnerable. Sharks cannot bullet and can launch a slow moving bomb only in ideal circumstances (strictly full energy). A shark's primary foe in the flagroom is the spider. Someone shooting strong bullets at them at a rapid rate requiring them to use reps. You should reconsider how you view this game.

Do not lock sharks. Do not mess with the fundamentals of the game. And if all else fails and you're absolutely unable to continue...you have an actual bailout strategy that has worked for many: you can shove it up ur dikhole bud

thanks! Haha See you in the Trenches ! :-O) (honk honk). Tickle me I Smile
                              Already happened with the lev change.
                              2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Working...
                              X